The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I've said it dozens of times before, but Demonology is far ahead of Destro, and only a few K behind Aff. Simcraft doesn't calculate Shadowflame damage properly, and the APL is a hot mess.
    Simcraft is just as bad for affliction and destro, it doesn't respond to int procs and optimum pandemic refresh windows, nor optimum chaosbolt burn phases during procs either.
    Last edited by villie; 2013-02-20 at 10:50 PM.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Arcane and Affliction are high on many fights in 5.1, but they shouldn't be in 5.2.
    It's ok guys. GC is forever clueless so Affli will keep crushing meters.

thanks god i play demonology baby!

Deleted
    It's ok guys. GC is forever clueless so Affli will keep crushing meters.
    Or he hasn't announced the nerfs yet
    With all the changes they made to Arcane, it would be surprising that they just nerf GoSac for Affli and nothing else :/

Arcane was out of control on single target, though. Even Affliction couldn't compete with that.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I mind, but SB:SS 100% crit for 30 secs of DoT's will amusing, if nothing else.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not even sure arcane needed such heavy handed treatment, the main reason for insane single tgt is scorch weaving at 6stacks to fish for missile procs and neutral mana consumption, they put a stop to that and now the damage coefficients so double ouch. Tho not seen any numbers on the ptr since the scorch changes tho. Still please about the destro buffs, was messing about in LFR earlier as afflic and demo, still prefer destro tho, will be nice if all specs were pretty close on damage so more ppl migrate to the lesser two specs and maybe even the logs out a bit. Still GC's post kinda alludes to affliction being next for the bat since he's claiming arcane and affliction wont be as strong in 5.2 and arcane just got whacked.........one week to go, plenty of time for a few more builds ><

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukowskaii View Post
    By the time warlocks were geared in T14H, there was a 12k difference between Aff and Demo/Destro in the sims. I think that's "big enough"
    1) Sims =/= raid environment. There were very few single target encounters in MoP
    2) Destro/Demo being 12k behind affliction doesn't mean you are 12k behind other classes. You can still successfully kill heroic raid bosses with destro and demo. People do it every week.

Locks are fortunate enough to have three viable classes in MoP. Sorry but it is true.

[EDIT: I would find a new raid if your raid leader is making you play a class you prefer not to play]
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

On race changes, I've looked over some threads but haven't seen any solid numbers. How far ahead for the first 4 beast bosses will trolls be above all other races in addition to berserking? Also, with haste scaling up, will trolls still trump orcs after the beast bosses as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    1) Sims =/= raid environment. There were very few single target encounters in MoP
    2) Destro/Demo being 12k behind affliction doesn't mean you are 12k behind other classes. You can still successfully kill heroic raid bosses with destro and demo. People do it every week.

Locks are fortunate enough to have three viable classes in MoP. Sorry but it is true.

[EDIT: I would find a new raid if your raid leader is making you play a class you prefer not to play]
    Are people aware that the sims show Destro as way ahead of Afflic and Demo in 2+ target environments? Or that Destro has the best AoE?

Single target fights are pretty rare these days.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    Are people aware that the sims show Destro as way ahead of Afflic and Demo in 2+ target environments? Or that Destro has the best AoE?

Single target fights are pretty rare these days.
    Where are you getting this information, because that doesn't jive with my personal research what-so-ever?

Even on single target fights Destruction still performs very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzyo View Post
    On race changes, I've looked over some threads but haven't seen any solid numbers. How far ahead for the first 4 beast bosses will trolls be above all other races in addition to berserking? Also, with haste scaling up, will trolls still trump orcs after the beast bosses as well?
    With the new Meta gem I can foresee some fairly ridiculous Haste situations for affliction trolls. Berserking + Metagem + DS + BL is, what, over 100% additional haste? I can't see that ending well...

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    With the new Meta gem I can foresee some fairly ridiculous Haste situations for affliction trolls. Berserking + Metagem + DS + BL is, what, over 100% additional haste? I can't see that ending well...
    I just wish that they'd remove racials entirely (or make them purely cosmetic) so I could stop being a Worgen and being punished for being in a guild that's Alliance rather than Horde. :/

I hear you on that one. As a loyal Blood Elf fan, it would be nice to think that I'm not gimping myself by playing one.

Also, one thing that I hadn't thought of for some reason: these buffs are going to be pretty great for Destro's already powerful AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I just wish that they'd remove racials entirely (or make them purely cosmetic) so I could stop being a Worgen and being punished for being in a guild that's Alliance rather than Horde. :/
    Yea I want to go back to blood elf male =( and tauren everything else

GoSac nerf is weak. so weak. thanks blizzard, I hate you more than the wife I dont have

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC TRIPP View Post
    GoSac nerf is weak. so weak. thanks blizzard, I hate you more than the wife I dont have
    Play demo and wreck face, ignoring the fact that affliction even exists if that works for you. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    Play demo and wreck face, ignoring the fact that affliction even exists if that works for you. Problem solved.
    But it looks like demo is getting hit too, I used to wreck shop with demo in Cata, havent tried it since mists. I will take your advice because I love your forum avatar :3

Affliction and destro still feel ok in pVp