Page 87 of 135 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I recall somebody running t14 sims before the most recent changes to haunt along the lines of

Demo - 132k
    Affliction goSac -125k

Whats the current sim for Aff goSup as its remained unchanged? Obviously the haunt buff would push affliction up some, but just curious as to where goSup stands currently on single target.

PLEASE! Just stop! I can't take it any longer!
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

I think they are at loss on what to do. The latest Conflagrate and Immolate nerfs are obviously aimed at reducing AoE damage. Because of FnB, they can't buff these spells nor Incinerate too much. They can't buff Chaos Bolt or Shadowburn either, because that would make GoSac more desirable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    PLEASE! Just stop! I can't take it any longer!
    Then don't read the thread and ignore the PTR churn until 5.2 is released. At this point PTR numbers are likely to change almost daily.

Deleted
    I think it'd depend slightly more on the fight. Eyeball with optical blast used every cooldown is some decent dps, but on a fight with semi-spread adds I think shivarra might be the better option due to semi-ranged nature (but then again, fel imp being ranged might be the better option for that style of fight).
    Hmm, do the sims with shivarra take into account the damage from her knockback ability?

[edit]
    seems i took waaaay too long making my reply :P Was reply in to danielbrems but zinnin beat me too it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroto View Post
    I think they are at loss on what to do. The latest Conflagrate and Immolate nerfs are obviously aimed at reducing AoE damage. Because of FnB, they can't buff these spells nor Incinerate too much. They can't buff Chaos Bolt or Shadowburn either, because that would make GoSac more desirable.
    Also can't buff chaos bolt due to all the pvp whine. Imagine the flood of "nerf chaos bolt" posts on official forums if that got a buff (which is a pity, because I love the concept of chaos bolt hitting like a truck being launched by a freight train for pve)
    Last edited by mmoc72a928fd88; 2013-02-26 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroto View Post
    If they wanted to nerf aoe then they could have nerfed the FnB multiplier. This was a single target nerf through and through.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    How much damage do Sup'd demons do in a 5 minute fight? As long as it's hitting a target, it should be the same, no matter how many targets. I'm pretty confident saying it's around 2.1M damage.
    I doubt that, since in an add fight they wont be up long enough for a pet to do comparable damage to havoc in window that they are alive, plus mongo AI and travel time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by villie View Post
    I doubt that, since in an add fight they wont be up long enough for a pet to do comparable damage to havoc in window that they are alive, plus mongo AI and travel time
    sadly they could fix part of this if our pets had a move speed like boost like hunter pets do. Felguard is the only one with a gap closer, and the CD on that is too long for add heavy fights with lots of swapping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercroft View Post
    sadly they could fix part of this if our pets had a move speed like boost like hunter pets do. Felguard is the only one with a gap closer, and the CD on that is too long for add heavy fights with lots of swapping.
    It's very rare there's an encounter you can't just plant your demon on a given mob/boss though.

Does anyone know by the way, is Simcraft still being developed for 5.2? I would've thought simulationcraft.org would have more 5.2 information by now.

Deleted
    What a joke. Release candidate ? pfff

Does anyone know by the way, is Simcraft still being developed for 5.2? I would've thought simulationcraft.org would have more 5.2 information by now.
    Yup, you can follow changes hour by hour here :
    https://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/source/list

There is even a RSS feed :
    http://code.google.com/feeds/p/simul...nchanges/basic
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-02-26 at 07:54 PM.

Another hit for destruction, what the hell GC? Afflic and demo really isn't anything for me and they just keep feeding destro to the dogs

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If you really dislike pets so passionately, don't use one, use Sac. It wont be optimal, but it should still be playable.
    The problem is it's easy to turn this around for Locks right now before the patch:

"If you really like pets so passionately, then use one and spec Supremacy. It won't be optimal, but it should still be playable." Why is one wrong but the other isn't?

And if we're interested in everyone getting their fair turn, we've been saddled with pets since early Wrath. And it's not like Supremacy didn't have a niche for Affliction and Destruction. It was for encounters with low MG-uptime for Aff and Sup was extremely close on the sims for Destro.

From a flavor and lore perspective I can understand why people want to use their pets, but after the shitshow that was Cataclysm for pet fights, Sacrifice was the reprieve from the abusive marriage that was the relationship between Warcraft programmers and pet classes. If pet fans want to go ahead and continue to be Tina Turners, that's fine. I just don't want Ike to beat the shit out of me anymore with his horrible AI mismanagement.

The problem is, another such mindset would be:

"If you really dislike pets so passionately, don't play a Warlock"

And that's the mindset that seems to have been forced on people in the shitshow that was Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Jessika, for example I have no problem playing with pet, even though I like sac more. The problem is that they don't scale with our best secondary stat and that they don't benefit from fight mechanics like the damage buff you get from adds on protectors, which is kind of a big deal (90% extra dmg?).

I'm not in a top guild but I still finished all content and I will try to min/max if that's what it takes to kill a boss. Yet I feel forced to play with a pet in 5.2 which I already know that it won't scale with my gear well, because mastery doesn't benefit them at all, and god forbid if there are anymore protectors or garalon fights (which they did fix but too late).

As for destro, 5.2 is nerfed compared to 5.1 destro.

Deleted
    And Conflag and Immo are nerfed down to a 15% buff now with Haunt damage increase buffed from 25% to 30%.

Some rollercoaster this dps tuning is turning out to be for destro lol

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    As for destro, 5.2 is nerfed compared to 5.1 destro.
    Not entirely, but for all intents and purposes yep. It makes absolutely no sense. Demonology was already better than Destro before the buffs, and now they've basically gutted Destro in 5.2.

I really don't know what they're doing anymore.

I don't see anything about a haunt buff in patch notes, and I doubt there's one coming.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    I don't see anything about a haunt buff in patch notes, and I doubt there's one coming.
    It's in Ghostcrawler's PTR Class and Set Bonus thread.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1?page=80#1591

- Haunt now increases damage to the target by 30% up from 25%. This is partially in compensation because we also nerfed Sacrifice for Affliction because it was looking too mandatory.

I thought the goal was that talents were situational with no clear winners on a given tier.
    Fight has key moments that require burst - use GoServ
    Need better sustained DPS - use GoSup
    Fight has mechanics that are heavily weighted against pets (TY Alysrazor) - use GoSac

Perhaps they are trying to balance GoSac towards that end. What irks me is that balancing Warlock specs seems to more often involve nerfing something (GoSac) rather than buffing something. Why couldn't they just buff our pets to achieve the same goal...or at least let them scale better with fight mechanic buffs.