Page 42 of 117 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think I'm going with my Hunter or Priest if there's no honest attempt at tweaking the numbers of Elemental PvE later in the patch testing cycle. Both are welcome classes in my guild group and I can keep the Shaman as a Healer/Ranged backup.

But I still expect numbers to be adjusted. We are the elephant in the room and I don't think they'll deliberately ignore us.

Shaman
    - Totemic Restoration - now behaves as though any replaced or destroyed totem was active for a minimum of 1 sec, even if the totem is dropped and grabbed for a shorter time period.
    - Stone Bulwark Totem - the totem now has 10% of the Shaman's health, much like Mana Tide and Healing Tide.
    - Nature's Guardian - now preserves the Shaman's health percentage when it expires.

didnt quiet understand the Totemic Restoration one ... hmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    Shaman
    - Totemic Restoration - now behaves as though any replaced or destroyed totem was active for a minimum of 1 sec, even if the totem is dropped and grabbed for a shorter time period.
    - Stone Bulwark Totem - the totem now has 10% of the Shaman's health, much like Mana Tide and Healing Tide.
    - Nature's Guardian - now preserves the Shaman's health percentage when it expires.

Yeah, I don't know what that means either. But I really like the Nature's Guardian change. Still, I'm hesitant to get excited for it because we know that anything can change; plus they made an extra note about all the pvp changes to make sure that everyone remembers that nothing is set in stone.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Shaman

I'd assume it's a fix to people using cast/destroy macros in conjunction with the talent to reduce the cooldown as much as possible (eg: tremor)

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    I'd assume it's a fix to people using cast/destroy macros in conjunction with the talent to reduce the cooldown as much as possible (eg: tremor)
    Just curious but isnt that the sole purpose of the talent ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    Mental Quickness now only works with instant spells and totems.

Not sure I really understand this change, is Enhancement really hard casting so many spells that they needed to change it ?
    This is a buff. It only ever worked on "instant beneficial, damaging, and totem spells" now it works on all instant spells. Purge, for example.
    Last edited by Makail; 2013-01-30 at 11:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    Just curious but isnt that the sole purpose of the talent ?
    The issue with the talent right now is if you cancel the totem too soon, you can kill the totem before the server recognizes it was down, and this glitches out the reduction effect, giving it a chance to fail due to latency if you kill the totem too quickly.

This looks like a fix to that issue, rather than a deliberate mechanical change that's meant to have a serious impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The issue with the talent right now is if you cancel the totem too soon, you can kill the totem before the server recognizes it was down, and this glitches out the reduction effect, giving it a chance to fail due to latency if you kill the totem too quickly.

This looks like a fix to that issue, rather than a deliberate mechanical change that's meant to have a serious impact.
    Ah i see well that makes sense

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It makes tremor go from 30 second CD with the macro to 37, probably a small intended nerf.

Still stays a very strong talent.

"Nature's Guardian - now preserves the Shaman's health percentage when it expires."

I'm confused. Didn't it do this before, and what is actually changing?

Deleted
    You dropped to 30% hp, then gained HP from Nature's Guardian. When the debuff fell off you would loose that additional HP - now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    You dropped to 30% hp, then gained HP from Nature's Guardian. When the debuff fell off you would loose that additional HP - now you don't.
    So they have to change the tooltip to reflect that it's a perma heal?

Deleted
    Basically yes, at least thats the impression it gave me from the new tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Basically yes, at least thats the impression it gave me from the new tooltip.
    It's weird that the tooltip would say that the 25% health increase lasts for 10 seconds if it now "preserves" the Shaman's health.

Think the tooltip will need to be updated just like any other talent / spell that gets changed.

These new changes are keeping my hope of them announcing some new fixes for ele shamans soon, crossing fingers for an ele single target buff soon just hope they would hurry up and get to the number tuning already

Think the tooltip will need to be updated just like any other talent / spell that gets changed.

These new changes are keeping my hope of them announcing some new fixes for ele shamans soon, crossing fingers for an ele single target buff soon just hope they would hurry up and get to the number tuning already
    Problem is that it also buffs Resto Shams. Unneeded buff for them but as an Ele it's hard to say no to anything we can get.
    And yes, either give us some more defensive, or increase our single target damage please.

So far the sum of all the PvP buffs we've recieved have been really good, not saying they will fix ALL PvP issues but cant deny that those will help. I have a strong feeling some sort of buff to Elemental's single target is coming but we'll probably wont see the number tuning until a couple of more weeks are passed since I think they arent finished with changing / fixing how some talents / spells work as they want them to be and they've been saying always that number tuning is the last thing they do so maybe mid Feb.

Deleted
    IMO lvl 15 tier deserves a buff, same goes for Enh's mobility and Ele's single target.

If these get even the slightest change before 5.2 i'll be happy.

(Xcept for the fugly tier model but IMO everybody's set looks like crap)

So far the sum of all the PvP buffs we've recieved have been really good, not saying they will fix ALL PvP issues but cant deny that those will help. I have a strong feeling some sort of buff to Elemental's single target is coming but we'll probably wont see the number tuning until a couple of more weeks are passed since I think they arent finished with changing / fixing how some talents / spells work as they want them to be and they've been saying always that number tuning is the last thing they do so maybe mid Feb.
    You're an optimist. I think the quote of them stating that the major problem with Ele dps being so poor is that boss fights are not optimal for Ele during the current content gives away that they don't intend to adjust Ele damage. But frankly, the place where I see the piss poor Ele damage the most is PvP. In my full Malev gear it still takes me soooo long to kill stuff if I don't blow cds. Heaven forbid I don't get procs and I have to spam Lightning Bolts that hit for 2-3% of my target's health pool, it's like I'm a toddler with a wiffle bat while that warrior or mage stares me down with a laser guided rocket launcher.