Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    truly terrifying.
    Hi

Those look like naked mole rats.

Deleted
    No, never, even if I wasn't a vegetarian.. It's simply disgusting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    Whatever floats their boat I suppose, not sure I can even stomach the idea of snakes spiders or mice in my wine though :3
    You should probably not think about all the bugs that tend to be mixed with the grapes that make your wine.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Now a wine made of cute kittens, that is something I would consume!
    So....pussy wine?

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 09:50 AM ----------

I haven't seen this question asked yet so....

What kind of cheese goes with baby mice wine?

Deleted
    Well, we eat other babies, so why not? At least try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammahtime View Post
    So....pussy wine?
    I haven't seen this question asked yet so....
    What kind of cheese goes with baby mice wine?
    Gotto love that pussy juice xd

Cheese made out of milk and babycow blood ofcoarse, also the milk and blood need to be churned by child laborers

Oh god, now I actually want to taste mice wine and bloodcheese

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Alternative medicine, also known as the placebo effect. If it worked it would be called medicine.

Pseudo-medicines are a great way to dupe uninformed and/or gullible people out of lots of money, sometimes with the added bonus of killing off a couple of animals for no reason.
    Not fully true. There are some old known medicines which are true.

For example, warts. Yes, gross. Yet some types of these, the finger ones, can be gotten rid of by using garlic. You take a garlic, cut the little... pieces (!? word) inside to have the juicy part sit on the wart, tie it with something to the finger then go to sleep. Next morning your finger will smell horrible as garlic and it will sting a lot, but do this once a week for a month and the finger warts should be gone. Yet, if you go at the doctor, the first thing they'll suggest is some expensive medicine or laser surgery. When you can get rid of those things with a simple garlic and some ductape.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Oh man, some people are sadists, seriously.

That's pretty messed up, and I heard of other also very messed up dishes from someone in Philippines.
    He had seen dishes when birds are plucked of all their feathers, and dipped into some stuff (similar to what was discussed in article, but with plucking of feathers).

Sometimes I'm happy my diet is limited to certain preparation techniques.

Deleted

Those articles were hilarious....a great read.

An excerpt from the second link: "You can even choose your own fish for the kill, so if you're an asshole you can go for the one which seems happiest at the moment".

Last edited by mmoc79af5b64ea; 2012-12-22 at 05:24 PM.

Deleted
    This is the sort of strange thing I'd expect in a Chris Morris sketch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post

For example, warts. Yes, gross. Yet some types of these, the finger ones, can be gotten rid of by using garlic. You take a garlic, cut the little... pieces (!? word) inside to have the juicy part sit on the wart, tie it with something to the finger then go to sleep. Next morning your finger will smell horrible as garlic and it will sting a lot, but do this once a week for a month and the finger warts should be gone. Yet, if you go at the doctor, the first thing they'll suggest is some expensive medicine or laser surgery. When you can get rid of those things with a simple garlic and some ductape.
    Duct tape alone will work on warts. Why waste money on garlic?

Alternative medicine, homeopathy, etc... isn't called medicine for a reason. Sure in some cases it can work, though like your garlic example, if it is continually said that garlic is the reason for the warts disappearance, people may stop using the duct tape and results may no longer be seen. (Note: I've never heard of garlic as a remedy for warts before, but have used duct tape alone for success. I have no clue if garlic alone would work or not.)

As for the baby mice wine... that's pretty messed up. To each their own though.

Yuck.
    That's just gross and inhumane. As well as, honestly, probably not very healthy.

Of course there are. Willowbark for head-aches and infections, as well as fever. Hedera for dermal infections. And loads, loads more.
    But those are medicinal. Yes, they've been used for thousands of years, but they weren't used on faith.
    Traditional chinese medicine, however, does rely mostly on faith, attributing their supposed effects to nothing more than 'spiritual' bullshit.
    Here's some examples:
    Ground tiger bones for strength. Bones are bones, people. A tiger bone is in no way more potent than a cow bone. It's a bone.
    Ground rhino horn. Seriously, people? It's hair. That's right. A rhino horn is nothing but hair. Does biting your hair make you healthy? Didn't think so.
    Ground mummy for... Stuff. Yups, mummy-dust.
    Ground human baby for fertility. So you kill a baby, grind them down, press pills out of it, and... What?!

None of these remedies have any reason for working other than containing a 'certain qi, or spiritual force.' This spiritual force isn't demonstrably there, and is only attributed to the item because people attribute certain qualities to them, rather than the creatures actually having those qualities. They'd grind up owls for wisdom if they'd hear that Europeans associate owls with wisdom... But the truth is that these animals are incredibly stupid. That doesn't matter; this 'medicine' is about faith, not fact.

Deleted
    Back in the 90's i used to see liquor in the store here that had a dead rattle snake in it (at least that's what i thought it was) but i've not seen it for a very, very long time... not sur eif it's banned or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Back in the 90's i used to see liquor in the store here that had a dead rattle snake in it (at least that's what i thought it was) but i've not seen it for a very, very long time... not sur eif it's banned or not.
    Yeah... I don't think the Dutch customs is going to be very pleased with someone importing pickled rattlers.
    They tend to make a fuss about things like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    No! the poor little baby mice
    Now a wine made of cute kittens, that is something I would consume!

Don't judge, you eat baby pigs,cows,chickens,sheep to you monster!
    I try not to eat those raw, also baby pigs cows and chickens are delicious

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    My grandparents used to make wine with snakes, spiders (or maybe it was some other equally disgusting dead stuff) etc in it. But baby mice sounds far more horrid :S
    Jeez, the poor spiders and snakes.

As if I needed to be sadder for the poor animals!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

There are lots of odd delicacies out there, haven't any of you wanted to try Ortolan?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    I try not to eat those raw, also baby pigs cows and chickens are delicious
    Sushi and caviaar? Well I don't know if caviar is supposed to be eaten raw