Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    garalon's attack that hits for alot and need 2 people (preferably tanks) to soak or he gains a damage increase buff?
    we all know that , but you don't need a tank to soak the swipes. the post that was quoted is from someone who apparently assumes no tank means noone eating the swipes, which ofc is not the case as a other players will take them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk View Post
    Does anyone of you have any actual experience of solotanking Elegon? Because he hits pretty damn hard once you get some 20-30 stacks..
    As a haste built paladin ( no extra mitigatian for magic damage ) I solo tanked him in a 25 man pug this week as we do not raid christmas week.
    The pug was just horrible, we were pushing 4 protectors in the first phase. I had close to 30-35 stacks and I had no problem whatsoever to keep myself alive. Just use CDs smartly.

Had almost 200k dps when the second phase started
    The group dps was to low though ( around 85-95k average dps on elegon lol ) so we did not down the encounter completely.

In 10normal and hc it is very easy to solo tank the boss when you have solid dps. The only problem on heroic is that someone still needs to "tank" the adds and bring them out.

A little off topic, but it seems there was some fix, palas can now survive Garalon's crash with bubble. I did it today, but sadly wasn't been able to solo kill him from 4%.

Deleted
    I know that the spirit kings are

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    As a haste built paladin ( no extra mitigatian for magic damage ) I solo tanked him in a 25 man pug this week as we do not raid christmas week.
    The pug was just horrible, we were pushing 4 protectors in the first phase. I had close to 30-35 stacks and I had no problem whatsoever to keep myself alive. Just use CDs smartly.
    Protector hits like a truck in 25man. Stop Lying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemen View Post
    Protector hits like a truck in 25man. Stop Lying.
    I solo tanked the boss, had a mule picking up the add and bringing it out.

That said, this was with a random pug from trade and a rather horrible one of that.

With a guild group, tanking both the boss and the protector would have not been an issue since you would only get 2 ( lower stacks )
    and just have everyone blow defensive CDs when they blow up inside. Tanking both boss and add with 2 adds is not harder than tanking boss solo with 4 adds.

Solo tanking in 10 man is not even hard.

And please, do not call me a liar without any proof to back it up, just because you can not do it, does not mean others can't.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2012-12-27 at 12:38 AM.

Edit: Didn't see normal mode