10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping this game has amazing character customization, it already has no levels so that's a big plus for me.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    Which probably means SoE is just handling the beta but PSS1 will still get it at retail.
    Damn, that sucks. I don't think I'll be playing EQN if I'm forced to use Pro7.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    I'm hoping this game has amazing character customization, it already has no levels so that's a big plus for me.
    But you still have to advance your class in some way however. I can't imagine your main account getting banned on raid night so you just roll a new account and toon and jump right into the raid. There is some progression with each class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Anyone know when the next event they are showing up to is planned?

Gaming convention or whatever.
    Also interested in this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    But you still have to advance your class in some way however. I can't imagine your main account getting banned on raid night so you just roll a new account and toon and jump right into the raid. There is some progression with each class.

- - - Updated - - -

Also interested in this
    I'm not against character progression just against leveling, and since there are so many ways to do character progression without levels these days, leveling just seems pointless.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Why not? If you are skilled enough to do the raid, you should go do it.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like we'll be getting moddable UIs if the devs agree with the roundtable poll results.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf Lord View Post
    Looks like we'll be getting moddable UIs if the devs agree with the roundtable poll results.
    I hope so. While I'm fine with having something like Rift or SWTOR's nearly complete UI customization, there are a lot of times where addons prove superior and provide functionality or visual changes that never makes it into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf Lord View Post
    Bad idea. I'd rather have only approved mods. We'll be dependant on boss mods before you know it. And really, with only EIGHT abilities why do you need some fancy bars?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mods are so important to me, one of the big downsides of GW2 was the lack of customisable ui. Good addition for me (The UI consists of far more than fancy bars for skills)

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Mods are so important to me, one of the big downsides of GW2 was the lack of customisable ui. Good addition for me (The UI consists of far more than fancy bars for skills)
    Why do you need a customizable UI though? Other than fancy looking health bars. what use does the UI really have? Tracking procs? You'd think they'd add in obvious spell effects/announcements for that since they already said they don't want you looking at your toolbars.

Why do you need a customizable UI though? Other than fancy looking health bars. what use does the UI really have? Tracking procs? You'd think they'd add in obvious spell effects/announcements for that since they already said they don't want you looking at your toolbars.
    HA.

One would think, right?

But alas, few do.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    HA.

One would think, right?

But alas, few do.
    For action combat its what they should do. If they are just going to allow people to mod it and ping a certain noise when you should move is redundant of action combat.

I like mods but limit them in action combat games :l
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you would think that, off all the games I've played that had the worst tracking it was GW2, and there was nothing I could do about it, that was only a handful of skills too. The UI being adequate out of the box is almost an impossibility it seems, I would take an efficent uncustomisable ui over a moddable one but I have yet to experience it.

Deleted
    Will players be able to PK (or WPVP) more than what WoW currently allows us to do?

With more PK I mean:
    - less safe zones
    - less instances
    - less overpowered NPC guards
    - less restrictions overall (why can't I attack my own faction?)
    - less "artificial" rules that break immersion

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd assume there'd be pvp / pve server, no idea though.

Deleted
    Having PvP and PvE servers makes sense, WoW proved that, I'm just afraid that even the PvP servers will have too many restrictions / protection mechanics.

Removing UI elements that you don't want. Altering the scale of UI elements. Having certain UI elements fade in or out based on whether or not you're in combat. Most MMO's don't actually highlight procs or give clear warnings when cooldowns are up, so that too.

There's a ton of UI functionality that addons bring that don't exist in the base UI of any MMO, even those like Rift or SWTOR that have very customizable ones out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    Having PvP and PvE servers makes sense, WoW proved that, I'm just afraid that even the PvP servers will have too many restrictions / protection mechanics.
    It will probably end up like TERA where you mark yourself and its a free for all if you are not in a group.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Thing about having a customizable UI is that so much innovation can come from people fiddling with the way things are viewed ingame. Devs don't always have the foresight of what players will need or want to keep tabs on. So many games have adapted third party UI features that have greatly improved the gaming experience... of course there are some where they went beyond and bordered on hacks, but Devs often snuffed those out quickly.

I'm fine with third party UI mods, as long as they don't provide automation of any sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Removing UI elements that you don't want. Altering the scale of UI elements. Having certain UI elements fade in or out based on whether or not you're in combat. Most MMO's don't actually highlight procs or give clear warnings when cooldowns are up, so that too.

There's a ton of UI functionality that addons bring that don't exist in the base UI of any MMO, even those like Rift or SWTOR that have very customizable ones out of the gate.
    Don't get me wrong, I want some addons especially for the UI, but there is a slippery slope especially with content difficulty once people become so addon dependant (DBM for instance). I'd just rather the addons be approved by the EQN team.