Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    All this world-detruction shizzle. It's got to be instanced right? Because 3 minutes after launch, the entire newbie zone will be gone. Forever.

currently destruction heals after 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by onigan View Post
    currently destruction heals after 5 minutes.
    where was that posted at because I've been very curious about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Whatever problems Shadow priests have, have nothing to do with Mobility. And Shadow seriously shouldn't see any sort of buff before Disc is nerfed into the ground. Because right now any sort of buff that could in any way trickle into disc, would turn the damn thing into the incarnation of Jesus Christ the Avenger, as the definition of demigod would be insufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeon77 View Post
    I would expect to see something along the lines of going and grabbing certain classes that fall under a certain diety or faction makes you ineligible to recieve classes that fall under an enemy faction/diety. An example being a player should never have both a paladin style class and a shadow knight class. The ability to gain both in an of itself reflects just how little these "consequences" impact the actual game.
    They actually used that as an example. If you're a shadow knight, you can't just be a paladin. You have to walk the walk and live the life and prove you're dedicated to redeeming yourself to become a paladin. Doing so doesn't mean you lose your shadow knight abiliites (I do kind of wish there was a hard lock that you did lose them), but if you take that path and learn to be a paladin, you WILL lose access to learning the abilities as a shadow knight. So the only option there would be to play until you are totally maxed out on shadow knight, which digs you deeper and deeper into the hole for the paladins, and then make the loooooong path to redemption to unlock paladin. Then technically you could possibly use a SK and Paladin ability for multi-class, but it's equally possible they'd have something in place that prevents that from being a viable option as well.

Someone at the Q&A asked if their guild mate does evil things and the rest of them play good characters, is their friend locked out of joining them. The devs were a little hesitant to respond at the panel, but eventually said they don't like the idea of locking players out of playing the game, especially locking them out of playing with friends, but the fact does remain that you've made choices and your friend made choices and there are consequences to those choices.

I won't even begin to go into the horridness of the character faces that were displayed in the unveilling. Compared to the effort and capability
    that Sony showed in it's landscapes, whoever designed those faces and had the idea that these should be put in place should be fired.
    That's extremely opinionated and it's about art, so entirely subjective. I liked the Pixar feel to it (didn't like the Kerran though).

Be sure to keep an eye on their main site and participate in the Round Tables, though!

I loved the character face of the female we saw. It allows so much for customization. The facial recognition with cameras which is going to be crazy exciting and the game will age well. Not to mention the Machinima possibilities with it!

To who ever posted that the faces were horrid.. WoW and Skyrim are this way thanks for stopping by >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We've said multiple times in this thread. It's been posted on the fan sites as well. EQ was never a grim and dark place. If you don't like the game because ONE face on ONE race was shown and you can't be asked to wait for the other races to be announced well then.. damn sorry brohammad.
    Whatever problems Shadow priests have, have nothing to do with Mobility. And Shadow seriously shouldn't see any sort of buff before Disc is nerfed into the ground. Because right now any sort of buff that could in any way trickle into disc, would turn the damn thing into the incarnation of Jesus Christ the Avenger, as the definition of demigod would be insufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    Ah, I remember that. Instead of that though, I cheesed it and use shrink pots (as a barbarian) and sit/stand repeatedly to wedge myself through the little boulder door. Howling Stones was another particularly scary zone if you ventured into the wings…plenty of trap holes in the ground where it looked like normal carpets (falling through means you probably will die to whatever is down there), mobs running at low health and training the entire wing on you if they gated, fake walls, doors hidden behind fake walls, etc.

If anything, I hope they bring these kinds of features and the sense of danger when exploring zones. That was the biggest point for me in playing EQ in the first several expansions. The danger involved in doing everything alone or in a small group. The risk vs reward. I would often stay in the very safe zones regardless if the exp was bad, only because they had easy escapes and CR wouldn’t be a nightmare in the event I died.

Every MMO past EQ, I felt no need to approach anything with caution because the information was readily available on a fan site or the punishment for dying is negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Didint need a key, just crouch move crouch move crouch move lol.

Lost my very first corpse in feydark. I strayed from the path and a orc clobbered me somewhere. Didnt know about macroing /loc to a key and hitting it before i died so i could reclaim it.
    Luckily for me, the necro I was with just happened to have the key. The druid probably wasn't willing to take the time to get through without it.

I remember another time, on that same dwarf, I fell off the boat from Butcher Block to Freeport. Was stranded on some island and eventually mauled by mermaids or something. Took me about a lvl's worth of experience just to find which Island my body was on. Had a Cleric buddy of mine come along for the adventure. After ressing the corpse, we sat in the path of an on-coming boat and were able to glitch our way back on board.

That game was epic... No maps, no vent, no thottbot/wowhead type of websites, and on a 56k modem.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyrock View Post
    where was that posted at because I've been very curious about it.
    "The game world heals itself after being ‘destroyed.’ The current limit is 5 minutes, though subject to change."

http://www.eqnexus.com/2013/08/soe-l...-a-game-world/

^ put a . between eqnexus and com because it wont let me post link
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-08-05 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'd like it to be 15~ minutes. Mainly so people can get the feel of "wat da fak" happened here.

The new MMO's that are coming look sweeeeeeet.

I hope they all do well, or atleast 1 of them. I can't wait for Wildstar, ESO, and EQ next.

I'm VERY interested in the destruction part in EQ next. I love destruction in video games, and if the devs pull it off, then I'll spend like a year just destroying shit.

I wonder how it's going to affect WPvP(is there any)?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Personally I'd like it to be 15~ minutes. Mainly so people can get the feel of "wat da fak" happened here.

haha i agree a lot with that

Quote Originally Posted by Errol Flynn View Post
    That game was epic... No maps, no vent, no thottbot/wowhead type of websites, and on a 56k modem.
    We actually did have a website, technically two, Casters Realm and Allakhazam (which has become ZAM now), which were godsends upon discovering them. The collaboration there was essential in figuring out the Epic class quests.

I'm still kind of on the fence about the action oriented combat style, as well as only having 8 slots. Really eager to get more info as soon as possible about those system. As a huge lore nerd though, I'm really enjoying what they've given us so far.

Deleted
    Hmm, I can see them doing some really good stuff with all these crazy ideas, and I hope they don't back down from them. Remember the pre-WotLK zombie invasion event? Was the most fun event WoW had until then and will ever have, because a few people whined on the forums about not being able to turn in quests and being attacked by zombies.

I can see them doing stuff like that.
    Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2013-08-05 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I'd love for damage done at night to heal at ~dawn and damge done at day should heal at ~dusk, both with short fairy-ish animation, would give it some less dissonant feeling (not really logical or realistic but better than "5min over zap"). This is assuming a day night cycle is around an hour long

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YumYum View Post
    I'd love for damage done at night to heal at ~dawn and damge done at day should heal at ~dusk, both with short fairy-ish animation, would give it some less dissonant feeling (not really logical or realistic but better than "5min over zap"). This is assuming a day night cycle is around an hour long
    Some reason reminded me of STALKER. Would be really funny if things just repair over something like an emission, where everything goes nuts and people freak out to find shelter. Then when it's over and they come out, mobs are out again and everything is repaired.

No I'm not recommending this, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they let us make an underground city. I shall create a city made of purple spires and it shall be called Menzoberranzan! I'll role a dark elf named Drizzt Bro'Urden, tame a panther and name it Guenhwyvar!

Quote Originally Posted by YumYum View Post
    Doubt it's only an hour. Would get darn annoying with such short days. GW2 had a pretty neat day night cycle time.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    I hope they let us make an underground city. I shall create a city made of purple spires and it shall be called Menzoberranzan! I'll role a dark elf named Drizzt Bro'Urden, tame a panther and name it Guenhwyvar!
    LOL Drizzt Bro'Urden.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Errol Flynn View Post
    Luckily for me, the necro I was with just happened to have the key. The druid probably wasn't willing to take the time to get through without it.

I remember another time, on that same dwarf, I fell off the boat from Butcher Block to Freeport. Was stranded on some island and eventually mauled by mermaids or something. Took me about a lvl's worth of experience just to find which Island my body was on. Had a Cleric buddy of mine come along for the adventure. After ressing the corpse, we sat in the path of an on-coming boat and were able to glitch our way back on board.

My friend who started with us got to level 7 as an Iksar monk, fell off the boat in the middle of OoT, drowned, and quit the game.

There was EQ Atlas and I had print outs of the maps in a binder, so I could kind of guesstimate where I was with locs and certain landmarks. There was also allakhazam and lucy, but it didn’t have any real strats to raids…at least not until elitegamerslounge came along, but it’s nothing of real detail since you still had to devise a strat based on what it spoiled for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    On a serious note though I was planning on spending a lot of time developing some sort of underground city influenced by D&D drow architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    All they should be listened to is for quality of life changes
    No, just no.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    All they should be listened to is for quality of life changes and not game design decisions because the grand majority don't know what the hell they are talking about anyways.

And I just realized I can't read and post in the wrong threads all the time -_-
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-08-06 at 02:40 AM.