10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I never got to play any of the other everquests, went from FFXI to Vanilla wow to Game workshop games to end of Wrath. Looking forward to a taste of this game.
    Wouldn't say there's much point in playing any of the older games to get a sense of idea as it is completely different. For both Everquest Next and especially Landmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Wouldn't say there's much point in playing any of the older games to get a sense of idea as it is completely different. For both Everquest Next and especially Landmark.
    Yeah I browsed them once on steam recently but couldn't stomache the graphics, which doesn't seem to be a problem in next.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    Where the heck do you guys find tin at? All I hear is people say mine copper mines till you find tin but I've yet to ever find tin at the end of a copper mine.
    Might be old news to you by now, but I think the latest patch fixed the issue with some people not getting to mine tin that was conjoined with the copper deposits. I was one of those people till I logged in today. I'd get to the end of a copper deposit and hit a rock it claimed I wasn't a high enough tier to mine (it was tin).

Every so often this game blows my mind.

I just stumbled upon a claim which appears to be a huge country mansion. Only the front is built so far but the amount of detail that had gone into the pillars, windows, steps and all of the architecture was just incredible. I didn't even realise such detail was possible in Landmark. The claim owners even have a huge pallet of shapes they use on a regular basis which they drop down, copy, and then swing back up and use. They have what looks like every possible micro voxel shape all in a huge grid. At first I thought it was a loading issue on my client but then I realised they were using the spare land to store their regularly used objects and shapes.

It just reminds me how much power this game has. I'm extremely happy with what I build in game but sometimes it hits me i'm only just scratching the surface with it.
    Last edited by Collected; 2014-04-03 at 08:34 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's really sad to see so much potential wasted. I thought this game was really neat when I first started playing but its just turning into yet another Mario Brothers clone.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    It's really sad to see so much potential wasted. I thought this game was really neat when I first started playing but its just turning into yet another Mario Brothers clone.

Well played, good sir.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I never got to play any of the other everquests, went from FFXI to Vanilla wow to Game workshop games to end of Wrath. Looking forward to a taste of this game.
    I played the original EQ with my friends back in highschool, but I can't access or recover the account because my email address no longer exists and I wasn't the one paying for it so I can't prove it's my account with receipts or anything.

I'm looking forward to trying out Landmark and Next, but not really on board with the idea of paying to access a beta, so I suppose I'll just wait.

I was lucky enough to get an unlimited beta key. It is a very graphically demanding game, I imagine once they add water and magma my computer will call it quits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently the draw distance is HUGE and it loads practically the map into your RAM for Ultra settings. I'd imagine with that reigned in more it'd be a lot less taxing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game runs horribly on my PC, which I reckon -should- laugh at the game. gtx 680 and 8 gigs of ram. I already heard about the latest nvidia drivers being complete poop for EQL, still, at times the game won't even load trees and what not and after the last patch I keep getting CTDs. Usually happens after my graphics card crashes >_>

Besides that, I'm enjoying the game. Although my creativity is absolute shit, it's still fun collecting resources and being able to build on a claim of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    The game runs horribly on my PC, which I reckon -should- laugh at the game. gtx 680 and 8 gigs of ram.
    What's your CPU? And also, the game is still in early beta, so they have a ton of work to do for client optimization.

Deleted
    The game runs horribly on my PC, which I reckon -should- laugh at the game. gtx 680 and 8 gigs of ram. I already heard about the latest nvidia drivers being complete poop for EQL, still, at times the game won't even load trees and what not and after the last patch I keep getting CTDs. Usually happens after my graphics card crashes >_>

Besides that, I'm enjoying the game. Although my creativity is absolute shit, it's still fun collecting resources and being able to build on a claim of your own.
    You can always just turn off voxel smoothing to fix that. :P

Deleted
    I'm not having any problems performance wise, but it is very demanding indeed. I have a 4770K, 16 GB of RAM, a R9 280x. I was getting dips in the 20s in fps, so I reduced most of the settings to medium and now it's stable at 60-70 fps with very rare moments when it drops to high 40s.

I just started recently, so it's too early to give an overall opinion, but I'm really liking the art style, especially the trees with the grumpy faces.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah. There's an issue with the driver with NVidia. NVidia acknowledged it and are working on it. Mean time change to an older driver. Changing the driver made a hell of a lot of improvement for me. And what's your CPU.
    Also some reason changing servers makes the thing 'unstable' for me. Things appear and disappear. So I have to restart game. Changing zones doesn't do anything but when changing servers it just goes bleeeeh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    You can always just turn off voxel smoothing to fix that. :P
    It looks really funny. It's like legos.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-04-04 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yeah. There's an issue with the driver with NVidia. NVidia acknowledged it and are working on it. Mean time change to an older driver. Changing the driver made a hell of a lot of improvement for me. And what's your CPU.
    Also some reason changing servers makes the thing 'unstable' for me. Things appear and disappear. So I have to restart game. Changing zones doesn't do anything but when changing servers it just goes bleeeeh.
    There's always an issue with Nvidia.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started work on a pirate ship that looked like it was rotting and have emerged from the ground like it washed up there eons ago, but scrapped it till I finish the tree house I always wanted as a kid but was never able to make (my parents owned apricot trees ):

Going to redo the torches since they aren't spiral like I wanted them to be. Spiral staircase up the tree took nearly a day to do.

Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    I'm not having any problems performance wise, but it is very demanding indeed. I have a 4770K, 16 GB of RAM, a R9 280x. I was getting dips in the 20s in fps, so I reduced most of the settings to medium and now it's stable at 60-70 fps with very rare moments when it drops to high 40s.

I just started recently, so it's too early to give an overall opinion, but I'm really liking the art style, especially the trees with the grumpy faces.
    I'm able to keep my fps at a decent rate just by keeping the shadow quality down. Usually 40-60fps but I do get momentary fps 'burps' that I suspect are server side. I have a FX6300, R7, and 8 gigs of ram. I get locked down to about 30 fps when screenshotting and several seconds after for some reason.

I managed to build a small box with no top half during my Landmark play time.

Building stuff is not my "thing", so to speak.

So i got a landmark beta invite today. Is the only thing to it building?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Right now, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I would posit that the primary purpose of Landmark is currently building. It is important to note, however, that if you are not adept at building, there are/will be some things you can partake in as well.

In the very short term, there is currently a non-trivial tool progression system. This will take you a significant amount of time to progress through, even if you do not care about building at all. Soon, there will be a variety of hostile mobs that will attack you while harvesting. In the future, there are even plans for PvP. It is important to remember that while this game is similar to Minecraft, it is also different in the sense that it integrates many more traditional MMO elements; especially large-scale social ones, such as guilds.

Even if you are an utterly terrible builder (like me), it can be tremendously interesting to explore the various continents and marvel at other peoples' builds.

Frankly, I am not, nor have I ever been particularly skilled or even interested in the building aspect of Landmark. I am primarily interested in EQN proper. What interests me currently is the ability to participate in the development process of a game that seems to be fundamentally different from the majority of MMOs in recent years. The relatively flat and decentralized development approach that SOE has thus far taken strikes me as a harbinger of things to come for the industry. I say this as someone who never particularly cared for SOE prior to August of 2013, by the way.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”