Deleted

Need some opinions on an upgrade.

Ok so basically I've been thinking about upgrading some parts for my PC for quite a while now and finally decided to go for it, problem is I'm not sure what to upgrade.
    Current budget is around 500-600€

Either I get a new psu and a GPU such as a 7970 or something in that pricerange, or I could get myself a new motherboard and an i5-3570k.
    I will be getting 4gb more ram no matter which choice I make.

At first I really wanted a new GPU since I will probably be playing some more GPU heavy games such as BF3, AC3, far cry 3 and other similiar titles (Other than those games I also play a lot of DayZ and LoL. I no longer play any MMO's since I don't find them that much fun anymore.), but then I started thinking that maybe it would be better to upgrade my CPU.

so my question is; Which would be better to get if I plan on playing those games?
    My motherboard is kind of outdated, would it be bad to put a 7970 in it?

I will probably be getting whatever I didnt buy now in about a year or so.

Current specs:
    phenom II 955 @ 4ghz
    m4n68t-m v2
    4gb ram
    Corsair CX500
    crucial m4(+ some random 7200rpm HDD)

I would go with the 3570k like u said and then upgrade your gpu to a good nvidia card if you can or save your money and use your 6850 until you can get a nvidia card.

Deleted
    go for cpu/mobo combo now and save the rest of the money for the new nvidia 7xx line-up. (it will be worthwhile i can assure you that)

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would get the CPU/Mobo combo then wait for the new AMD 8XXX line-up. (it will be worthwhile I can assure you that) :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I would get the CPU/Mobo combo then wait for the new AMD 8XXX line-up. (it will be worthwhile I can assure you that) :P
    everlasting green vs red ^^
    i'll admit both will likely pack the punch but im guessing next gen nvidia will maintain the performance crown (either that or ill have some spare saved money, so either way a win-win situation)
    also the rumors on 7xx series are way more promising compared to the 8xxx ones from amd. (albeit still rumors xD)

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    everlasting green vs red ^^
    i'll admit both will likely pack the punch but im guessing next gen nvidia will maintain the performance crown (either that or ill have some spare saved money, so either way a win-win situation)
    also the rumors on 7xx series are way more promising compared to the 8xxx ones from amd. (albeit still rumors xD)
    These days it doesn't really matter which one you go with they are both solid and keep each other on there toes. I think for value the "red" team wins and for higher end the green team wins thou for multi monitors and higher res red team usually wins.

OT: Get processor and Mobo now and save up for a next gen GPU.

Deleted
    Okay, motherboard+cpu it is.

I've been researching a little bit about what motherboard to get, p8z77-v and msi z77a-gd65 both seem pretty good for their price, which would you suggest? Is there any better motherboard for a similiar price? I'd rather not pay much more than what those two cost.