10+ Year Old Account

Cooldown/ability announcer

Is there an add-on that sends message in party/raid chat saying what abilities I used? Like, for example - Rallying cry, disarm, Intimidating shout, etc.
    I tried fortexorcist, but it doesn't work in arenas and doesn't have a lot of abilities that I want to announce.
    lowskill Engrish

Have you tried Raeli's Spell Announcer?

It's rather easy to do with Weak Auras. If you already use it to track ability's CDs, you can just add action->chat message to it.
    And if you don't, you should .

I just use macros for such things.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    I just use macros for such things.
    That sure is the easy way to do it without addons, though macros will put out the chat message every time you hit the button it's bound to and not once when the ability is actually used.
    E.g. for PvE, you can easily cause a wipe when you announce an interrupt you didn't really land. It also causes a lot of spam if you hammer buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    That sure is the easy way to do it without addons, though macros will put out the chat message every time you hit the button it's bound to and not once when the ability is actually used.
    E.g. for PvE, you can easily cause a wipe when you announce an interrupt you didn't really land. It also causes a lot of spam if you hammer buttons.
    I pvp most of the time, so yes I spam buttons : ) and chat is full of my macro'ed shouts, it's annoying.
    lowskill Engrish

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Weak aura's is the best to go, if you know how to use it.