Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Patch 5.2 MW monk reworked

Yay for fancy new stuff on PTR!
    Lets discuss.

Most interesting changes:
    Lvl 30 healing talents no longer cost Chi, but now are more powerful and cooldown based.
    Added stun/fear breaker with 2 min CD!
    Deadly Reach baseline, talent replaced with ability from Beta, Ring of Sanctuary, awesome AoE disarm and silence, Ox wave(ranged AoE stun) CD reduced by 50%.
    Mastery globes once again heals for certain amount when not picked up.
    QoL changes like Tigers Lust not costing Chi.

I think lvl 30 talents now look very interesting.
    Need big AoE heal on stacked raid with 30 sec CD? Chi Burst.
    Zen Sphere now have a potential to become go to choice for PvP, thanks to dispel protection and auto detonate on 35%.
    Chi Wave role seems to stay same, mainly for Windwalkers, but now that lvl 30 talents dont cost Chi i can see WW and BM monks use them to help with healing more often.

P.S ignore mana cost increase, its just tooltip fix from recent hotfixes.
    Last edited by mmoc16a8f9d66b; 2012-12-22 at 02:17 AM.

I really like like the changes to WW. Nimble brew looks amazing, but I wonder if it will share a CD with PvP trinkets.
    Can anyone explain the WW mastery change? I dont get it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafy View Post
    I really like like the changes to WW. Nimble brew looks amazing, but I wonder if it will share a CD with PvP trinkets.
    What is WW mastery now will become baseline at 12% chance. WW gets new mastery that increases dmg increase from Tiger Brew. e.g if you have 20% mastery, your dmg under Tiger Brew will be increased by 40% instead of 26%(random numbers)

Quote Originally Posted by Lafy View Post
    The part for tigerbrew? It's basically a passive Tigerbrew.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Yay for 2 Zen Spheres (hey this might be useful) and 2 FREE Spells!? HOLY CRAP I CAN USE THESE?
    HEALING SPHERES WILL BE USEFUL!?!?!?

/passes out

Deleted
    Also, is it bug,or is MW and WW getting Keg Smash?

Going to wait for Blizzard's list before I comment.

Chi burst 30 sec cooldown ? What the hell ? How can this be good ?

just a quick pro/con list, unlisted from the top of my head (PvE PoV)

pro:
    Chi Burst: damage + healing buffed, making it a real option on stacked fights again
    Chi Torpedo: damage buffed (that's something, right?)
    Chi Wave: No Chi cost any more, 15s CD though
    Gift of the Serpent: back to where we were twice already - it's a fine idea, value is very hard to calculate though
    Healing Elixirs: 50% buff, this talent is still looking for its place imho
    Renewing Mist: Travels to friendly targets instead of party/raid members. Well, that's one way to fix the Tsulong issue...(see below)
    Zen Sphere: No more active AE-burst, but passive one based on target HP and some actual cleave healing abilities
    Life Cocoon: Whopping 100% coefficient buff - might be the best single target CD now

con:
    CJL: 5% less chance on a Chi for 25% more mana. Quite irrelevant though
    Enveloping Mist: -50% scaling and coefficient. That's nasty. EM is barely worth 3 chi now, it won't be worth 1 Chi then.
    Jab: 33% more mana. For real this time? They don't want us to melee, do they?
    Renewing Mist: So now it not only travels to pets but also to NPCs? That's lovely.
    Spinning Crane Kick: 33% more mana. They don't want us to use a BP AE heal either, do they?
    Chi Wave: Now on a 15s CD in exchange for the Chi cost (not necessarily bad)
    Soothing Mist: Back to 1% mana + 30% Chi chance again

Conclusion thus far:

I don't have a clue where we're going.

@ChrisKoe

You are missing out that all of the chi procs and mana are already live excepted jabs' mana cost increase.
    Life cocoon's buff is also live.
    Idk why you say healing elixirs is still looking for it's place, it's been the best choice for hps/wolranking for encounters that didn't absolutely need one of the other midigation to counter a major mechanic (although once in heroic really the other 2 shine but anyway)

As with regards to the OP

I'm affraid they have just killed MW in 25 man with the CT change. We're basically where Rdruids are where they lack a viable mean to aoe heal whenever WG is on CD. That will be us with the CB revamp for 30s cd. Hell even if they made it's healing buffed to 800% of current value it would still be killing us in consistent aoe damage periods whch is litterally the very one niche we've had. ReM+Uplift just doesn't workout good because you are stuck with the same few targets for too long and you eventually just overheal the shit out of your few targets.

I don't quite like how the ZP new detonate works either. I like the idea of the revamp but it's basically becoming a "good" spell if we make sure that the targets dip below 35% when there are a few seconds left on it...I mean really? like "hey stop healing [tank 1] so my ZP picksup the necessary raid-wide heal".

I like the change for PvP but we've already been brought down to one of the worse healers. What's been keeping us alive is mostly CB spam for 25m.

I mean I'm raiding 10m so personally it won't be nearly "as bad" but I'm seeing no fix to my utility, no improvement to my direct heals(tank healing) where EM winds up mostly overhealing and synergises awfully poorly with the greater heal of every other healing class.

Last but not least, I don't think the mastery so called fix is an actual fix. I don't want to see the damn spheres only heal for x% of their f worth. Let alone th fact that it has a 6yd range and shorter duration so it will likely result in even more wasted orbs on heavy movement encounters. I mean if anything they could've just made the damn spheres bigger and not nerf the haling portion...
    Last edited by Deau; 2012-12-22 at 03:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    Life Cocoon: Whopping 100% coefficient buff - might be the best single target CD now

Enveloping Mist: -50% scaling and coefficient. That's nasty. EM is barely worth 3 chi now, it won't be worth 1 Chi then.
    Jab: 33% more mana. For real this time? They don't want us to melee, do they?
    Spinning Crane Kick: 33% more mana. They don't want us to use a BP AE heal either, do they?
    Those are already live, except the Jab increase which was announced but bugged due to multiple Jab versions, so this is really just a hotfix-fix.

15+ Year Old Account
    after reading all this i was some what excited but yet again not excited anybody else feel the same way ie in a MW

10+ Year Old Account
    If the nerfs to our healing really are live already, then I'm still kinda saddened. Our healing did need to be toned down, but it's pretty "meh" at the moment. If those are nerfs to come then.... ugh I need to level something else since MWs won't be viable outside of an awesome bubble in PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
    after reading all this i was some what excited but yet again not excited anybody else feel the same way ie in a MW
    Well I think blizzard was more trying to buff them for pvp, and not necessarily for pve.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

November 29th Hotfixes

Mistweaver
    The mana costs of Jab, Spinning Crane Kick, Soothing Mist, Crackling Jade Lightning, and Renewing Mists have been increased by 30%.
    Soothing Mist and Crackling Jade Lightning now have a 30% chance to generate Chi when they deal damage (was 35%).
    Most of the changes (outside of some obvious ones) are simply tooltip updates to hotfixes already applied that simply require a clientside patch to reflect in the tooltips. Don't freak out yet folks

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Speaking as a MW, that's a decent start in some ways (Mastery especially). Ring of Peace coming back is amusing but I can tell that's for PvP which I tend to ignore. 2 Zen Spheres will be interesting, Deadly Reach baseline is good.

I can tell there's a lot that will change/be added between now and Live, but for now I don't see anything bad. I expect nerfs to Healing Sphere for MW while I am also hoping we get buffs to our other spells so that our mana costs aren't so dumb. Looking at the tooltip changes again reminds me just how stupid those mana cost increases were.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

I feel kinda weird with no-chi cost for Chi Burst. I can't spend my chi with uplift only, it just seems bad on some encounters, doesn't it?
    Maybe it's just me, i don't know, but in 25m if there's not heavy aoe damage it seems pointless to spam uplift, we're just gonna overheal like crazy. It's just frustrating.
    Currently in this situation Chi burst works well with SCK, event if it's not the more exciting gameplay. So... what to do with our Chi ?

On a sidenote, Chi burst doesn't deserve his name anymore since it's free. It bothers me ! Change its name Blizzard !

Edit : despite all that, i'm excited that we get some attention !
    Last edited by Yem; 2012-12-22 at 04:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    edit: I read WW rework, not MW ;(
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2012-12-22 at 04:48 AM. Reason: misread

Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    November 29th Hotfixes

Most of the changes (outside of some obvious ones) are simply tooltip updates to hotfixes already applied that simply require a clientside patch to reflect in the tooltips. Don't freak out yet folks
    This. Wait until Blizzard release their notes. We need a more full picture.

Hold on, this change to our mastery healing spheres might be a good change, they already tried that, now they are bringing it back, so at least it won't be wasted now.

I expect several balancing changes every ptr patch like last time.

Since healing spheres were going to heal they had to reduce some others. Anyways, not touching uplift and renewing mist makes it that it doesn't, change much really... from 10 man perspective, this looks like buffs to me.. from 25, I wouldn't know.. rarely use chi burst or chi torpedo in 10 man, so..
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch