Relic of xxxxx and valor upgrade

Just a quick question,

I am valor capped on my main and want to try to level and gear my alt. Since DMC trinkets are near BiS, can I spend valor points to upgrade the trinket and send them to my Alt?

Or by spending valor will make them BoP?

I'd presume upgrading gear makes it soulbound.
    You can try and place it in the upgrade slot and it will probably say "This will make it soulbound. Continue?".

Pretty sure upgrading an item makes them soulbound if they are not already.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can always try, if it gives a warning that it will become Soulbound then it will become Soulbound otherwise it should be possible. However I don't see why you need to rush to upgrade it for an alt when they can get tons of upgrade from someplace else ;p

If it doesn't make it soulbound, I'd consider that a bug.