Poll: Do you open your presents on Christmas morning or Christmas eve?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you open presents on Christmas morning or Christmas eve?

I am wondering who opens their presents on xmas eve, and who opens them on xmas morning. I open them on xmas morning.

When I was a kid and still believed in Santa we would open presents from family on Christmas eve, and presents from Santa on Christmas morning.

Now we just open everything on Christmas morning.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    When I was a kid and still believed in Santa we would open presents from family on Christmas eve, and presents from Santa on Christmas morning.

Now we just open everything on Christmas morning.
    Wait so your telling me Santa isn't real?:O

And christmas Morning

10+ Year Old Account
    Christmas Morning, though sometimes we've given out one or two presents the night before.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Typically have two family gatherings, one for dads side and mums side. One will be Christmas Eve, on Christmas day. Open presents from those people at their respective gatherings.

As for presents from direct family, Christmas Morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    we open our presents from relatives on christmas eve and our presents from immediate family on christmas day.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit of both.

On Christmas Eve, my family goes to another family's house for dinner, and we open presents from each other.

On Christmas morning, we open presents from family members and other people.

Everything on Xmas day.

Deleted
    Here (in germany) everyone opens them on christmas eve

Deleted
    Me and my family don't really take xmas so serious or however you wanna put it, we "celebrate" it on the 24th (eve), and open presents etc there. On 25th it's just a normal day basically, even if many celebrate "for real" on 25th and such.
    Personally I just don't really see the point in celebrating both days.

But I guess in Sweden the most common is to just celebrate on eve.
    Last edited by mmoc898f6b28e8; 2012-12-25 at 02:36 AM.

Deleted
    We'd always do it on Christmas morning after waking up, but now I'm older i just wait until Midnight and then open the up in the early hours of Christmas morning, saves messing around when you've woken up.

Also, I got a new keyboard this year so I've spent the past 2 hours doing nothing but configuring it to work with Cubase (Surprisingly hard, didn't want to connect like most MIDI controllers) so that tomorrow I can get straight to recording after I've shown my face at the family dinner.

Mostly Christmas morning with the noted exception of gifts from my remaining Gran. She's got form & reputation for giving some.....bizarre gifts, to the point whereby if we don't open them up ahead of time there's a very real danger of us being unable to be able to say anything during Christmas dinner when she's over. To put it into perspective for you, through the years I've been given flowery pencils while I was at high school, numerous clocks, numerous items with my name/initials on them, a bloody awful hat this year & for the last 2 years - I shit you not - a toothbrush & toothpaste.... (My teeth are disintegrating at a fair old rate, understandable given previous history & it's something I'm kinda upset by, while she no doubt doesn't equate her gift with my insecurities around my teeth it was grossly offensive to the point where if she'd given me the same this year I was not having dinner at home!)

The general presents get opened on christmas morning because well, that's just what happens, open the presents, have breakfast then get on with getting dinner sorted out. Although as it turns out my threat about my gran wasn't required, she's got flu so is unable to attend - no need for me to "act" that my kid sister isn't going to steal the hat or field questions as to why I'm not wearing the Old Spice she's bought me.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morning for some, then more either in the afternoon when relatives arrive or after supper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Mostly Christmas morning with the noted exception of gifts from my remaining Gran. She's got form & reputation for giving some.....bizarre gifts, to the point whereby if we don't open them up ahead of time there's a very real danger of us being unable to be able to say anything during Christmas dinner when she's over. To put it into perspective for you, through the years I've been given flowery pencils while I was at high school, numerous clocks, numerous items with my name/initials on them, a bloody awful hat this year & for the last 2 years - I shit you not - a toothbrush & toothpaste.... (My teeth are disintegrating at a fair old rate, understandable given previous history & it's something I'm kinda upset by, while she no doubt doesn't equate her gift with my insecurities around my teeth it was grossly offensive to the point where if she'd given me the same this year I was not having dinner at home!)

The general presents get opened on christmas morning because well, that's just what happens, open the presents, have breakfast then get on with getting dinner sorted out. Although as it turns out my threat about my gran wasn't required, she's got flu so is unable to attend - no need for me to "act" that my kid sister isn't going to steal the hat or field questions as to why I'm not wearing the Old Spice she's bought me.
    See, my grandmother always gets me Amazon gift cards. Her policy is that "I'm old, I don't understand you young people and probably never will. Just take some money and buy something you'll enjoy." :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Both, as I visit both sides of the family in the 2 day span.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Depends on which of my sibilings is in town. As well, what my married members of my family's plans. Like last year Christmas eve, and this year Christmas day.

15+ Year Old Account
    when me and my sister were younger we would come home from midnight mass and open them with my mom. now we open them at around 7pm on christmas evening, after dinner.

i open them a week early when i find them in the closet O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    But I guess in Sweden the most common is to just celebrate on eve.
    ^that

25th is the "go out and get drunk with SO/friends/younger family members" day. So no presents, just booze and a chance to waste that money your granny gave you the night before.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Growing up my family always opened gifts christmas morning, then went off to both grandparents houses throughout the day for dinner and presents.

My fiancee's family opens gifts on Christmas eve and has a big family dinner. They also have a big dinner Christmas evening. Very different from what I am use to, so my fiancee and I have decided to open the gifts to each other and stockings Christmas morning, so we can both keep our individual traditions.