Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    I have seen rumors detailing the XBox 720 having 16 GB of RAM, double GTX 680 cards, a 16-core processor etc etc yadda yadda. The same goes for the PS4. And nothing makes the slightest sense unless they intead to release their consoles in 4 years time when prices have dropped or either sell them for 1500$ a pop or at massive loss.
    A single 650/660 or something similar would be a better guess for a console if they intend to keep prices within a reasonable limit, which they must do since no one would buy a console for 1500 dollars, they are not meant for the same market group. I also do not see the reason for a 16 core cpu, a quad core amd would do just fine for a console. RAM is cheap as dirt tho

Deleted
    I have seen rumors detailing the XBox 720 having 16 GB of RAM, double GTX 680 cards, a 16-core processor etc etc yadda yadda. The same goes for the PS4. And nothing makes the slightest sense unless they intead to release their consoles in 4 years time when prices have dropped or either sell them for 1500$ a pop or at massive loss.
    HIGHLY doubt this. The xbox 360/ps3 had major cooling issues with far far less then this. Unless they have some new extreme way of cooling that all, it is just not going to happen.

I'm gonna go out on a boat and say that the next gen consoles won't be a major upgrade to what we have now. Not only is cooling already been pushed to its limits, console makers know that if games are properly optimized for their consoles, you don't even need 1/4 of what was quoted above.

If i was to guess, quad core cpu at about 2.5ghz, 8gb ram and a GPU at around the 560Ti area. It's an upgrade to what people have now, it won't cost to much to develop and it could be cooled quiet easily. I also see this been the generation in which we do away with CDs/DVDs and go to SD cards/pure downloaded games
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-12-28 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    If i was to guess, quad core cpu at about 2.5ghz, 8gb ram and a GPU at around the 560Ti area. It's an upgrade to what people have now, it won't cost to much to develop and it could be cooled quiet easily. I also see this been the generation in which we do away with CDs/DVDs and go to SD cards/pure downloaded games
    This is probably the most reasonable idea for what they would put in their "next gen" consoles, but its a shame if they would, since the console market is kind of hindering progress for PC. Those things was mid tier 2-3 years ago, and consoles is expected to last at least 5 years, can't see much good coming out of that for the PC gaming market.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Nintendo already has a 'next gen'. Well, 'half-gen' system. The Wii U. If they announce another system at E3 I would imagine people would start equating them with apple (its .0003 mm thinner) and lose them a ton of customers.
    I could see them releasing some hardware updates to the Wii U that certain games will need but not all. And I actually wouldn't mind it, I don't want to have to buy another 400 dollar console just so I can play third party games again. (Well if that happens I will probably just update my PC instead, im really tired of buying 2-3 consoles, they are expensive updates)

It's kind of why im hoping if Sony and Microsoft release a console they aren't vastly superior to the Wii U or anything like that, not because im a nintendo fanboy (though I do like Nintendo), just I don't want to buy another console a year after I bought the Wii U.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    It's kind of why im hoping if Sony and Microsoft release a console they aren't vastly superior to the Wii U or anything like that, not because im a nintendo fanboy (though I do like Nintendo), just I don't want to buy another console a year after I bought the Wii U.
    More power just ends up being higher cost. In the end if the games can run on Wii U, but also the next console Microsoft / Sony releases, it wouldn't matter. It'd be way too expensive if it's so much significantly powerful and alienate a lot of people. There are methods to compromise, but problem ends up being usually the weaker structural material and such which then causes stuff like the RRoD due to overheat.
    That is one of the more retarded rumors.

So companies are doing sequel of successful games - that's really big news and totally unexpected. How shocking. Nintendo is doing Mario and Zelda games for their new console? Who could see that coming?

The Omni part sounds like the biggest flop that Sony ever produced. People hate wearing glasses.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

consoles? meh. this thread was an extreme disappointment for me
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my days of buying systems are over after I get a Wii U. I mean seriously these systems are going to be so damn expensive. The "Omni" ranges from $350-$500 and the "Xbox Next" ranges from $300-$500. It's just too much money. I'll stick with my current consoles they do just fine. I also still have my older systems which some of my older games for the PS2, Gamecube and even the PS1 and N64 are better than some of today's games anyway. I also don't really like where they're going with games. It just seems they are trying to go where games don't need to be going, trying to be all social which I very much dislike. The future of games look very corrupt too with all their additional fees on top of the insane price of the system itself. Like the "Xbox Next" it said that they could have a new Xbox "Life" which would again have a subscription fee ON TOP of the $350-$500 that you already spent for the system itself. THEN you have to buy games for it which will probably be $60 or maybe even $70. Add that all up and you already spent like $600-$700, that's crazy.

Also with the way the economy is today I don't know how they're going to make sales when people can hardly keep up with bills, gas, taxes and all the other expenses they have to deal with.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-12-28 at 09:31 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    One thing I would say is that I'd find it readily acceptable that the Xbox 3/PS 4 will both be vastly more powerful than the Wii U. The Wii U's CPU is currently about two thirds slower than a XBOX 360's and its GPU is equivalent to an AMD 5450 or slightly less. Both the PS 4/XB 3 have been toting 'leaked' stats for GPUs at least on par with the AMD 6770 so far and the CPUs will be fairly significant upgrades from their older variations.

The aim's basically going to just be to get *all* games running in 1920x1080 at 30~60fps. As we all well know, most 'HD' games at the moment tend to be in resolutions closer to 1280x720 half the time and only a certain few, or the less intensive ones actually run in 1920x1080 30fps+ full time.
    Well, yeah, it's obvious that the Xbox 3 and PS 4 will be more powerful than the Wii U, Reggie Fils even said so himself, simply because technology evolves so fast, but 5-6 times more powerful? That's overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What's difficult about SSB games to make?
    Pretty much everything, the gameplay is very hard to make smooth, timing with animations, making animations work, making the models work bone for bone. Having worked on a few Brawl hacks I know how its engine works, and it's not an easy thing to work with, it requires immense precision to make it feel smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    consoles? meh. this thread was an extreme disappointment for me
    It's E3, what did you expect? PC gamers whining about console gamers has to get this year's award for biggest internet nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I prefer the FPA Metroids. The MP series was awesome. Metroid may have got famous becausae of it but it got even more because of the Prime series. Going back to it ISN'T a bad thing. My only issue is the design path Nintendo is going with (THe Wii) I much prefer a controller then this...stuff.
    It just feels like Metroid has become Nintendo's series trying to go into the mainstream gaming audience with the first person shooting and all, it's very obvious and they're trying too hard with it. As I said, Metroid Prime was an amazing game, my second favorite game of all time, only behind Super Metroid, but the second one just didn't do it for me, its themes with light and dark didn't feel like Metroid at all, and the control scheme of the third one made me stop after Rundas, it didn't feel like Metroid either, and as you said, the motion controls were awful for the game. Then theres Hunters which was a big mish mash because the DS can't control such games.

Also, I'm pretty tired of the fact that the story has been left off from Metroid Fusion for ages now, stop giving us these "link" stories that are in between a lot of the games and just continue please! The Prime series did nothing for the overall story, they did well as a trilogy, but they have no effect on the story that happens afterwards. Other M did a little for us with Adam, but the writing and voice acting was so bad that it would have been better left alone. Speaking of Other M, no wait, I don't even want to talk about it, they got everything wrong because this Sakamoto dude wanted the series to follow his vision 100%, and apparently he thought it was good enough to go to the cinemas, never let him be in charge of Metroid again please, Other M's story was REALLY REALLY BAD.

As the ginormous Metroid fan I am I'm still waiting for my sidescroller game, it's soon been a decade since the last one, Mario has returned to sidescrolling, Kirby also has, there are even still 2D overhead dungeon crawler Zelda games being released, I don't get why Metroid gets the low end. Why can't we have both a FPA and a sidescroller like when Prime and Fusion was released together? It's not like the 2D Zelda games are halting the 3D ones' productions. I'm afraid that Metroid will soon end in the dust along with F-Zero, Mother and Star Fox, but I wouldn't care either way if the franchise would continue the way it is doing now.

Sorry about the negative attitude, but I needed to vent a little.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-12-28 at 09:35 PM.

Speaking of Other M, no wait, I don't even want to talk about it, they got everything wrong because this Sakamoto dude wanted the series to follow his vision 100%, and apparently he thought it was good enough to go to the cinemas, never let him be in charge of Metroid again please, Other M's story was REALLY REALLY BAD.
    Sakamoto was responsible for your precious Super Metroid too. If there's anyone left at Nintendo who can get Metroid right, it's Retro, whether they do 2D or 3D.

It's not like the 2D Zelda games are halting the 3D ones' productions.
    Different development teams. And as I said above, there's not many people at Nintendo I'd trust to make a good Metroid game. They've got Sakamoto and Retro, and I don't think anyone wants another Sakamoto game.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2012-12-28 at 10:53 PM.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    The rumor claims that they're trying to get the new SSB ready for a demo the next E3, and that's not going to happen. Work only started on it early this year, they can't possibly finish a testable product in 1½ year, definitely not judging from SSBB's production time.

Also, another FPA Metroid? C'mon, the Prime trilogy was okay, but please do go back to what Metroid is truly about; Sidescrolling exploration shotting action, I'm tired of first person shooters, the first Prime was amazing, but the others were simply good, and not up to Metroid standards.
    Yeah, I agree. I would LOVE to see another good old school Metroid, and Castlevania game. I honestly am surprised they haven't really put any effort into a solid 2.5D console game.