Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Meaningless word games. It's sexual exploitation, and most likely illegal (I'll have to look it up). If you can't recognise this as been utterly unethical on the face of it, your moral compass needs some maintenance.
    She has the right to turn it down in which case things play out just as if the offer was never in place.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    The op hasnt made any response on people views so im going with he just baiting.
    I'm inclined to think so also. His other threads seem a little, out there. Although, even if fake, I think the subject is interesting to discuss.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The op hasnt made any response on people views so im going with he just baiting.
    i would also agree im sure its just a post to start a flame war

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    I'm assuming this is in Canada from the OPs other threads. It isn't rape (in my opinion, but still scummy), but if it counts as prostitution he could be charged.
    Edit: Nevermind, prostitution is legal in Canada.
    Well, wouldn't legal prostitution only be legal when it's the woman's choice to sell her body? The likely hypothetical situation here, since OP tends to be a liar, is that she's more or less being coerced into giving it up to the guy because her financial situation won't let her do anything else and still have a roof over her head. That doesn't sound like (legal) prostitution to me.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never said it wasn't unethical. I only stated that it isn't rape and was her choice. Thousands of women choose to sell themselves every day for whatever reasons. If they're forced then send the bastards that make them do that to jail. But if not, who are we to judge?

You should NOT back off!!! Your brother is taking advantage of his position and preying on someone who is in a way helpless. What your brother is doing is against the law and has legal consequences. This may very well be traumatic for this girl to be in this situation. I consider this rape and complete manipulation by your brother. I recommend confronting him... (and reporting him to the police.) Your brother has turned into a manipulating rapist....

This is my perspective as a masters student in marriage and family therapy. I admit that I have a bias in thinking about the psychological well being of the young girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Meaningless word games. It's sexual exploitation, and most likely illegal (I'll have to look it up). If you can't recognise this as been utterly unethical on the face of it, your moral compass needs some maintenance.

Woah woah woah there, that sure is a lot of judgements you are hurling at people, hey I think most people can say by reading the post that this guy is clearly not making the best decisions in life, and neither is she for that matter, but what kind of fairytale ideology do you subscribe to that would make you believe that, this woman is anymore of a victim, than. Some Walmart greeter who because of his possible condition or position in life is hired simply to give the company a tax credit?

I am not saying if its wrong or right, but my question is, who where do you come off thinking you have the right to pry into everybodies situation, and level your self rightous attitude at them.

I am with you on the legal aspects of it, if he has broken the law, but hey there are all kinds of laws being broken, ethical ones and ones maybe not so much. one thing has nothing to do with the other.

And yes i do find it more than a little f'd up but i am not going to go overboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    She has the right to turn it down in which case things play out just as if the offer was never in place.
    You aren't that naive. If the guy gets turned down, he'll just kick her ass to the curb. There isn't a "no" option here, not if our hypothetical girl wanted to keep a roof over her head.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I am seeing a lot of judgemental attitudes in this thread, this woman is being exploited, but who in society is not?

Honestly, if it were my brother, i would mind my own business. As long as it is between to consenting adults, i wouldn't care, as far as the legality, let it come back and bite him in the butt, financially, and reputation wise, he will probably at some point find himself in court anyways. I find it also pretty stupid on his part, but then again who knows. Stranger things have happened maybe he winds up caring for this girl and they get married, and the financial stuff just keeps some arms length for both. No offense intended.
    If you knew someone had a gun and intended to shoot someone and you could stop them but choose not to, you are just as responsible by US Law to the same crime as a co-conspirator. To allow this to happen is conspiracy. It is illegal to know and not help.

Looking at some of his other threads I think it may be just baiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    just going to play devils advocate here but from the way i read it shes doing this willingly right? as in she was capable of paying the rent before the 60% reduction? one could argue that its immoral of the guy but one could also argue that she brings it on herself if shes able to pay the full amount but chooses to sleep with the guy in order pay 60% less.
    This could be the case, but also know that if she were to decline, she probably had to leave as a whole. Of course I could be wrong, but people sometimes feel forced to accept "offers" because they're affraid of the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Other options do not rule out coercion.
    When the other option is identical to what would result if the offer were not in place, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Maybe I'm completely mistaken but I don't think that's illegal or anything.
    If it isn't illegal, it's only because Canada is a fucked up country when it comes to letting rapists walk.

- What's that? You held her cloths like a gentlemen while she fled into the woods out of fear? Well then of course you only deserve the punishment of writing a letter of apology.

- So you mean she dressed like a slut? Well of course it's reasonable that you think she consented when she said no.

- This 17 year old girl rejected a middleage foreman who refused to take no as answer? Well then of course it's entirely possible he truly believed the frightened teen consented. Even though we judges agree he lied about her saying yes, and we agree she was scared, fuck the child.

As for legitimacy, who cares? It's not like it matters whether or not this is true. We're all just interested in the ethics of the scenario, and whether it's hypothetical or real doesn't really change anything for us.

scumbag. SUE!
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Well, wouldn't legal prostitution only be legal when it's the woman's choice to sell her body? The likely hypothetical situation here, since OP tends to be a liar, is that she's more or less being coerced into giving it up to the guy because her financial situation won't let her do anything else and still have a roof over her head. That doesn't sound like (legal) prostitution to me.
    From the laws I'm reading about in Canada, it seems lawful. An arguement can be made, however, for coerced rape. I would have to read Canada's laws on that as well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    You aren't that naive. If the guy gets turned down, he'll just kick her ass to the curb. There isn't a "no" option here, not if our hypothetical girl wanted to keep a roof over her head.
    what? where was that written at in the article? i didnt read it. it was never mentioned that he would kick her out. it wasnt even mentioned that she was getting kicked out for non payment, just that the ops brother had decided that if she had sex with him a few times a month he would lower the rent by 60%.

To answer some of the questions here:

She isn't making alot of money. She works as a Food Service Aid at a retirement home and makes $11 an hour. Her original rent was $750 a month, which actually was a bit of a struggle for her. My brother and I aren't exactly that close. He was always busy with school and work when we were growing up and so we didn't spend too much time together. I was planning on talking to him about this and seeing if he can stop this whole ordeal and maybe reduce her rent a little bit. I haven't talked to the tenant herself about this yet. I do want to solve this problem in a way that doesn't hurt both sides too much. My brother always was a bit of a jerk but I never expected anything like this from him...

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a little trip with me down the OP's started threads

I saw a guy get beaten to death and didn't do anything about it
    I caught my brother mating with someone
    My genetics professor just rickrolled my entire class...
    So a kid threw a dead rat at me today...
    Chris Metzen just parachuted into my backyard!!!

Jolly good show, chap, pip pip cheerio.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    As for legitimacy, who cares? It's not like it matters whether or not this is true. We're all just interested in the ethics of the scenario, and whether it's hypothetical or real doesn't really change anything for us.
    Man, I've got a pretty fucked up moral compass as far as those kinds of things go and even I would find this kind of shit reprehensible. Unfortunately I don't really see there being much to discuss - you either got your head on straight, or you're trolling.