Another idea for green fire

Also posted in the Blizzard PTR forums:

So we've gotten the confirmation that the Warlock-only quest line in 5.2 will indeed give us green fire (FINALLY!), but here's another thought I had about it:

Since the green fire will be most enjoyed by Destruction Warlocks, wouldn't it make sense to also have the Codex of Xerrath affect the color of the fire that surrounds the Warlock as embers build up? Maybe also change the default UI of the ember bar to also show green embers instead of orange?

It wouldn't make very much sense to be engulfed in orange flames, but be spitting out green ones, now would it?
    Thoughts?

This is splitting hairs. Give an inch they'll want a mile. Be happy we got a cool questline and green fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    that would make much sense indeed... gonna need different transmog for that occasion >.<

should dreadsteed also be fel tainted? just a thought

The art for that was made. Not sure if it got picked up. Big Bear is pretty thorough though, if he sees this thread, he'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    that would make much sense indeed... gonna need different transmog for that occasion >.<

That's why you make a transmog set that has green AND red in it. Win/win situation

Good idea OP, I had not actually even thought of this, but yeah it would need changing to make sense.

That is just going to look glorious with my CM set!

Oh and hi Xel! Thanks for stopping by and providing intel, didn't know other devs read these forums

I wish they turn regular Chaos Bolt into orange fire (or get the Soul Fire animation) so those little who love orange fire better like me are happy and everyone else get all green through the new quest

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    The art for that was made. Not sure if it got picked up. Big Bear is pretty thorough though, if he sees this thread, he'll do it.
    Now we just need to hope that he sees the thread, don't we?

And thanks for stopping by, Xel. We all miss ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Blizzard won't consider this idea. It's too cool. Sorry.

I've noticed that in general, when Blizzard has the chance to do something cool, they won't.

Naga as a playable race? Nope, Space Goats instead (even though they have the Naga models rigged for player gear).
    Death Knights get Skeletal Dragons as a flying mount? Nope, those are for Hardcore PvPers, Death Knights get chickens.
    Hideous female Worgen, gonna leave those as is. It doesn't matter if they don't look like Worgen at all.
    Tails on male Red Pandarens? Nope, only half the female population inexplicably has tails.
    Grey/Brown Orcs in the revamp (since they've joined the Horde)? Pretty sure they said no.

I could make a list a mile long.

for some reason i thought our burning embers being effected by the codex of xerrath or whatever it is that changes our fire from red to green would also effect our burning embers. that and our fel/dreadsteed mounts. now you got me wondering if they aren't going to be effected which seems kinda odd if they aren't

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd definitely like that. It would go awesome with my verdant spheres.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137208 ?