Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they have friends in the guild? Maybe they don't care about wiping, as long as they are having fun (you can have fun without getting epics). Or maybe they are new and lack the experience?

And please, you are elitist. Elitist doesn't necessarily mean good. Just read what you wrote, it screams it very loudly.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-12-27 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I've never understood why people "join" guilds to raid in the first place. I've only ever rarely heard of that working in the first place. I'm pretty sure everyone would be much happier if raids were reduced to 5 mans as every raiding guild I've known of is generally comprised of a 5 man raid group with 5-20 other filler people they don't give two shits about anyway.
    Your ideas and mindset sucks. Also those guilds are not raiders. Raiders are players who can actually finish a heroic tier. the rest are described perfectly in the OP and fit the mold. What you described is a group of antisocial rejects who have no skills as a team or team play.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-12-27 at 08:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    And please, you are elitist. Elitist doesn't necessarily mean good. Just read what you wrote, it screams it very loudly.
    Indeed. It's like one of those people who start sentences "Now I'm not a racist but..."

There are a lot of reasons, far to many to list here.

What does irritate me a bit though, is when I see perfectly good raiders in guilds, claiming;

"We're a new guild, I'm a 12 year old kid who managed to down Lich King Normal with the 25% Buff so I am a Raid Leader! I'm back after being banned for a few months for racist comments and I am going to lead the next Realm First Guild. Join me now!"

Why join these guilds? They're bound to fail, and the members of them are typically piss poor. Again, loads of reasons, but I also see really good guilds who are looking for players and want to invest in them. My guild is looking for a new tank, and we're more then willing to spend time (and money) getting them up to speed with us, but most of the tanks just slide into the "cesspool" guilds and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    No previous raid experience, inferior gear, been away for a few expansions so very rusty skills... There are plenty of reasons besides social side.
    Very good points. Some folks like to raid, but the "hardcore raid guilds" have their nose pointed way too high to want to help any of them. So they join other guilds with lesser reputation. They go where they can since the "better players" won't really want them around.

Those last two posts pretty much answered my question,
    Can this thread get locked please?
    Hatred the Fearless.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Your ideas and mindset sucks. Also those guilds are not raiders. Raiders are players who can actually finish a heroic tier. the rest are described perfectly in the OP and fit the mold.
    Off topic: I would love to see where your pic came from and the rest of it no joking

Ontopic: OP why do you feel the need to bash other guilds no matter there skill level i find it to be pointless.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voltage View Post
    You started a thread and didn't like that people are calling you a asshole for the way your are acting and now you want it closed.

Edit: Here is a tip grow up and stop being a douche its people like you ruining the wow community

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Maybe they have friends in the guild? Maybe they don't care about wiping, as long as they are having fun (you can have fun without getting epics). Or maybe they are new and lack the experience?

9 / 24 other people wasting your time playing like a retard is not my idea of fun. Play to win, not to waste my time. If there is no progress being made in game what is the point of playing exactly?

Outside heroic raiding this game is god awful to play compared to an RTS , RPG, FPS
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-12-27 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    Let me rephrase, I am asking about people who actually join to raid with those guilds, not people who just want a social atmosphere.
    As was mentioned earlier, judging by your signature you could answer this yourself.

Again, I raid one day a week, and I think we're doing pretty well for that schedule.
    Hatred the Fearless.

Your ideas and mindset sucks. Also those guilds are not raiders. Raiders are players who can actually finish a heroic tier. the rest are described perfectly in the OP and fit the mold. What you described is a group of antisocial rejects who have no skills as a team or team play.
    That has nothing to do with my mindset and everything to do with the progression of the WoW playerbase and community. Acknowledging reality doesn't mean you have shitty mindset.

There are great people in WoW to socialize with; no argument there. However, by and large "joining" any "established" guild for raiding is really you just serving an existing machine as a replacement part more often than not, and I'd be hard pressed to believe that the number of players whos aspects of the game fall into those lines are in the minority when it comes to having experiencing that feeling or eventual place.

9 / 24 other people wasting your time playing like a retard is not my idea of fun. Play to win, not to waste my time. If there is no progress being made in game what is the point of playing exactly?
    For a lot of people its the journey not the desitnaiton anymore with WoW. Perhaps it always has been. The people who usually bitch the loudest about being "serious" are often those who seem to think they "should" be in a guild like Dream (or whoever the fuck gets played to pay wow these days) but dammit wouldn't ya know they just don't have the "luxury" to do that.... skill just happens to not be the thing holding them back.

Deleted

Play for fun?

last i checked people played a game to have fun. Many people have fun different ways.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 08:27 PM ----------

Again, I raid one day a week, and I think we're doing pretty well for that schedule.
    How about this stop posting something then editing it cause you think others haven't seen you.

Why do immature kids like you play MMO's and try to ruin everyone else's fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shockingly, it's not all about you.

Quote Originally Posted by dota2please View Post
    last i checked people played a game to have fun. Many people have fun different ways.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 08:27 PM ----------

How about this stop posting something then editing it cause you think others haven't seen you.

Why do immature kids like you play MMO's and try to ruin everyone else's fun.
    I'm editing what I say if it is retarded. I'm not trying to ruin people's fun, I'm asking a question. If you're going to get butthurt, don't bother replying :|

There are still entire servers that have no heroics down and are 16/16 in normal or worse. I would imagine being on one of those you would think that 15/16 is great.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I've never understood why people "join" guilds to raid in the first place. I've only ever rarely heard of that working in the first place. I'm pretty sure everyone would be much happier if raids were reduced to 5 mans as every raiding guild I've known of is generally comprised of a 5 man raid group with 5-20 other filler people they don't give two shits about anyway.
    No! Leave my 10 man raiding alone!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it matter to you? Does this directly effect the way you play the game? Does the choice of which type of guild people in a video game decide to be in really bug you that much?

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/68262/ This doesn't look like one day a week to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dota2please View Post
    What is fun about playing with 9 / 24 terrible players you hardly know and who suck at every aspect of raiding. You're almost better off running LFR then turning off the game is that is the experience you're looking for

If it's to socially interact thats cool. You can do that on mumble/vent while playing a different game and not dragged down in misery.

I doubt wipefest raid guild are happy fun time during raids. I imagine its more like a bunch of wannabe raiders trying to explain shit they have no idea about while the incompetent raid leader looks more confused then a monkey doing a math problem.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-12-27 at 08:35 PM.