PVE/PVP balancing issues ...

Normally I'm not one to post on forums very often but reading the patch 5.2 notes the same question continues to appear to me ...

After what 7 years now, Blizz still has no clue how to balance their own game still. Since MoP launched there has been both extreme nerfs and buffs to the point where I have seen many people switch mains because they are just too broken (mainly referring to the mages and healing monks on this one). And reading the patch notes for 5.2 it seems that they still have yet to get things right. Just about all the class changes except for the unholy DKs seems to me like they are trying to balance the game based around PVP. Now being a PVE person myself I won't and can't judge on how badly imbalanced pvp is, but I can say while they are trying to balance pvp they are kicking pve in the teeth repeatedly.

Being a vanilla player, I've seen all the good and the bad from WoW and I'd honestly prefer things going back to the old ways ... 2 pve specs and a pvp spec (apart from the hybrids who have always had a couple choices for both). Balance pvp without destroying the pve side. Yes I know Blizz wanted to give people viable specs but lets face it there will always be a dominate spec played in both pve and pvp for each class. IE take rogues for example. No raiding rogue apart from LFR will run sub (exceptions being gimmick fights like H V&T where sub was pro in shadow realm) but in the same aspect don't think I've ever heard of a combat rogue (or even assassination for that matter) in pvp before.

TL;DR Stop breaking pve to try and fix pvp. Give dominate specs for both since there is always one anyway and balance those specs for each. The back and forth is just as always crap. You will never perfect the game for both sides and give all 3 specs viability in both

Just wanted to see what others thought and how you guys would deal with it.

After several years of dealing with it I'm personally done. I'm letting my account expire and moving on with my life. I too have grown really tired of it and the community who don't give a shit that many players never use their fucking toons in PVP or BGS and thus the nerf actually ruins the game for them.

In the end, WoW was great for a while, and there are tons of other games out there in which to entertain myself with.

Instead of making one spec for PVE and one spec for PVP they should make copies of abilities; one for each aspect of the game. Though they've said they will not do this as it is not "intuitive" to new players.

So I don't think we'll ever see great balance!

Quote Originally Posted by Bags- View Post
    Instead of making one spec for PVE and one spec for PVP they should make copies of abilities; one for each aspect of the game. Though they've said they will not do this as it is not "intuitive" to new players.

So I don't think we'll ever see great balance!
    I think the real complaint is the one that I've raised for years. I, like many other players, spend more time outside of Raids than I do inside them. So just because a change for the "betterment" of pvp doesn't "kill" a raid encounter doesn't mean it refrains from ruining all that other time I spend in the game. And over the years it has sort of become apparent that said time isn't important at all to Blizzard until you piss them off by saying there isn't enough content. Then all the sudden it's something they want to acknowledge the existence of.