Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Time to discuss knife regualtion in the united states

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...e-tryin/nTfmX/

Rehabilitation works, more criminal rights.

So, I'm not really getting the point of this thread.

Is it supposed to be comparative to the calls for gun regulation in the wake of Sandy Hook? No, because here there's just one victim...
    Is it supposed to be a call for a more effective prison / corrections system?
    What is "more criminal rights" supposed to mean?

If the victim had a gun, the guy probably would take the gun away and shot the K-9 and the police officers that were able to arrest him.

Knife already is regulated. Didn't destroy all knife ownership just because its regulated, btw,

Deleted
    Yeah, nice try but you are not very subtle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lol'd at the title. While were at it lets regulate being a moron on the internet too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    If the victim had a gun, the guy probably would take the gun away and shot the K-9 and the police officers that were able to arrest him.
    I'm not sure why I always hear negative what-ifs from people, when it's proven with story after story that defensive gun use DOES stop a lot of crime and DOES NOT often injure bystandards. So I count with

If the victim had a gun, the guy probably would have been shot to death by the handicapped man.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    If the victim had a gun, the guy probably would have been shot to death by the handicapped man.
    Yeah, because handicapped people in a wheelchair will easily just draw the weapon without any intervention from the armed robber assaulting them.

And lets not forget what happened in China recently. 22 children were stabbed with a guy wielding a knife... and EVERY single one of them LIVED because he used a knife, and not a gun.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    I'm not sure why I always hear negative what-ifs from people, when it's proven with story after story that defensive gun use DOES stop a lot of crime and DOES NOT often injure bystandards. So I count with

...and it's NOT been proven with story after story that gun use DOES cause a lot of crime and DOES often injure bystanders?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    And lets not forget what happened in China recently. 22 children were stabbed with a guy wielding a knife... and EVERY single one of them LIVED because he used a knife, and not a gun.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 08:07 PM ----------

...and it's NOT been proven with story after story that gun use DOES cause a lot of crime and DOES often injure bystanders?
    I may be looking too much into what you said but. Why does it sound like it's ok that children were attacked as long as they lived because a gun wasn't used? Why aren't we looking at the larger mental health issue instead? Getting rid of the object used does not changed the fact that a mentally unstable person used a weapon to harm another human. And if I completely misread what you posted I am sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...e-tryin/nTfmX/

Rehabilitation works, more criminal rights.
    Because American prisons are so totally rehabilitation-oriented am I right?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ban everything, everything can kill you, regulate everything, because everything can kill you.

(not joking, seeing these threads all the time, really makes me think that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I may be looking too much into what you said but. Why does it sound like it's ok that children were attacked as long as they lived because a gun wasn't used? Why aren't we looking at the larger mental health issue instead? Getting rid of the object used does not changed the fact that a mentally unstable person used a weapon to harm another human. And if I completely misread what you posted I am sorry.
    Because people like to constantly bring up the "guns don't kill people" bs.
    There are plenty of things that could be improved upon in our society. The availability of weapons is just one of them, and shouldn't be ignored just because there are other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by gneugen View Post
    Because American prisons are so totally rehabilitation-oriented am I right?
    Yeah, that's why we have capital punishm-....shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Well, he's trying to look on the bright side of a negative event, but I tend to agree with you. You can't ignore the fact that people are out there ready to kill and for some reason we are eliminating the social welfare systems that catch those dark seeds before they sprout.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    What is "more criminal rights" supposed to mean?
    He was a convicted murder who was released 5 days ago.

People are very bad, they will find a way to kill people unless we tie their hands and feet together.

Limiting guns only promotes the "strong survive" much like we saw in this case where the victim was unable to defend himself due to being handicapped.

Limiting guns only promotes the "strong survive" much like we saw in this case where the victim was unable to defend himself due to being handicapped.
    If you think carrying around a gun would have helped a disabled dude in a wheelchair, you've never been in one.

The statistics show the opposite, lower access to guns = lower murder rates with them.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Knife already is regulated. Didn't destroy all knife ownership just because its regulated, btw,
    Yeah, not sure what the OP was getting at, knife ownership is already regulated to some extent. Some less so than others and mostly on a state by state basis and generally limited based on the length or type of blade(for example it's supposedly illegal to carry a knife with a blade longer than 5.5 inches in Texas and the possession of a Switchblade is prohibit in a number of others).

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Because people like to constantly bring up the "guns don't kill people" bs.
    Why is that BS? Guns by themselves do not kill people, they are designed to kill, there's no arguing that, but a gun sitting on a table with no outside interaction will not kill someone.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2012-12-27 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Yeah, not sure what the OP was getting at, knife ownership is already regulated to some extent. Some less so than others and mostly on a state by state basis and generally limited based on the length or type of blade(for example it's supposedly illegal to carry a knife with a blade longer than 5.5 inches in Texas and the possession of a Switchblade is prohibit in a number of others).
    Strange, i got a stainless steel knife set (kitchen, looks great) and it came with a knife that jason from friday the 13th would use.

Your talking about pocket knives.

"The statistics show the opposite, lower access to guns = lower murder rates with them. "

But all other violent crimes go up at least 50%...