Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Good mechanical keyboard?

Hey guys I'm looking to order a new mechanical keyboard, ive already decided on red switches.

Here's what im choosing from so far:

Youre gonna have to google since i cant post links:

Noppoo Choc mini (mx red) $99.99
    Elitekeyboards Leopold mx red $89.00
    Elitekeyboards tenkeyless leopold mx red $99.00

What about the Ducky Shine2, Filco, QPad MK-50, Tesoro Durandal brands?

im only looking to spend $70-90, and from what some of my friends have told me, these 3 are the best/most popular, i could be mistaken, I wouldn't mind looking at some others.

I can't honestly say that I've, before you mentioned them, heard of either of the ones you brought up, though. Maybe they're only availible in a geographic area, like the US?

Could be like that.

What would you recommend for under $100? the ones you linked are all $100+

What about the Cosair K60?
    Playing since 2007.

I just bought a Filco ninja majestouch 2 tenkeyless with red switches, I like it
    If you usually have a numpad you should probably take a tenkeyless before you get a 60% keyboard, like the noppoo choc mini.[COLOR="red"]
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Got a Logitech G710+ for christams and I am very satisfied with it so far. My K90 had to go for this one. Very good keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I can't honestly say that I've, before you mentioned them, heard of either of the ones you brought up, though. Maybe they're only availible in a geographic area, like the US?
    Elitekeyboards buys specific OEM models mods them a bit w/ w/e switch you want and lighting.

Deleted
    What if I told you.......
    Corsair K90

Got a Logitech 710+ shortly after it was released and I love it so far.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same as Aeolian. Just got a 710+ today and its really good.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    What if I told you.......
    Corsair K90
    Sadly the k90 is not on par w/ Elitekeyboards. Have an old Realforce Topre idk if I like topre or cherry better >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Got a Logitech G710+ for christams and I am very satisfied with it so far. My K90 had to go for this one. Very good keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolian View Post
    Got a Logitech 710+ shortly after it was released and I love it so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Same as Aeolian. Just got a 710+ today and its really good.
    Browns and even further outside the OPs budget. :/

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah. 70-90$ missed that, sorry.

I switched from Razr Blackwidow (Cherry MX Blue) to Logitech G710+ only because my wife hated the noise coming from Cherry MX Blue. So far it's pretty good, though I greatly miss the clickgidy clak sound

I recently picked up a CM Storm QuickFire TK Keyboard and i love it.
    i went with one with Cherry MX Blues cause i love the click sound they make.

But it also comes with ether blue red or brown switches.
    So you can pick witch ever one you want they go for abut 90 USD on amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    I recently picked up a CM Storm QuickFire TK Keyboard and i love it.
    i went with one with Cherry MX Blues cause i love the click sound they make.

But it also comes with ether blue red or brown switches.
    So you can pick witch ever one you want they go for abut 90 USD on amazon.
    CM keyboards are actually really good, and they come in all MAINSTREAM cherry mx switches.

Most mechanical keyboards are a pretty safe bet. The only ones I can honestly say I've ever heard anything bad about are the feature-bloated ones that require software to use the macros/lighting/etc. Aside from that, just try to find your ideal feature set for the best price you can. The fullsized Leopold is probably the least objectionable one, being that it has every standard feature and conforms to layout standards. If you're pressed for space or play with a really low sensitivity mouse a compact layout or tenkeyless can be great, but really give it some thought before you go for it. A number pad may not seem necessary when you've got one, but there are definitely times I miss having one.

The Noppoo Choc Mini is a pretty interesting unit. I've been thinking about getting one for some time now; they've actually got a pretty neat design. Although layout alterations usually annoy me, the function row is set up in a much more gaming-friendly way. They've got windows key deactivation, a capslock/ctrl function swap, media controls, and a pseudo numpad. It's actually a really well-thought out gaming keyboard design, but be sure the layout is appropriate for what you're going to use it for. Number entry without a numpad is really annoying, and the altered layout on the right edge could have a similar effect on word processing for you.

Deleted
    i like my steelseries 6gv2. very affordable and very awesome.