Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    having a ret as main during bc wasn't fun for doing randoms....
    Someone had to play the joke specs I guess. But hey! 3.0 pre-WotLK release.
    If you wanted groups you better not be any type of hybrid that isn't specced healing or tanking.
    Balance? Enha? Shadow? Ret? Dafuq? Go heal and be useful.

Personally I was scrolling my mousewheel bound to a macro that maxed my hunter dps.
    So pro. That retarded steady shot-Kill Command macro that only started casting just after firing auto shot.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-12-30 at 11:36 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Someone had to play the joke specs I guess. But hey! 3.0 pre-WotLK release

Personally I was scrolling my mousewheel bound to a macro that maxed my hunter dps.
    So pro. That retarded steady shot-Kill Command macro that only started casting just after firing auto shot.
    it was my 1st char and i wasn't in to healing or tanking yet so that was my only option i finally gave up and made a shammy and made that my main i gave the ret to my brother and made a new 1 in woltk

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    What losses? MoP has grown in numbers.
    Dude really?

[QUOTE=Kangodo;19637546

Last week an alliance was actually helping me to kill an elite mob!
    Seriously, worldPvP is dead

(I didn't attack him because I hate PvP)

[/QUOTE]

i guess it depends on your battle group then

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Along with Warriors.

And Warlocks.

And Monks.

Every class is OP in their own way.

The sooner people actually realize this, the better.

I of course believe certain classes need to be buffed because they're weaker than others, but every freaking class is OP.
    warriors get nerfed every patch bro.....no valid point here

Deleted
    I lost interest in the game due to casualization. Everything is getting served on a plate and herioc content is cleared within the first reset. Personally thats not the game i felt i love 7-8 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    MACRO 1:

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast !Auto Shot
    /cast Steady Shot
    /click [target=pettarget,exists] MultiBarBottomLeftButton12
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

MACRO 2:

/castsequence reset=4 Kill Command, !Auto Shot, !Auto Shot, !Auto Shot
    There, now have nightmares about it!
    Oh god take it away from me

Yes, sure..
    You still didn't answer my two questions:
    1) What was so fun in the old days that we don't have now?
    2) How is Blizzard forcing us to do dailies?
    If that was your original question then I already answered it. The community and it is because of the LFG/LFR system I still don't understand why people don't understand or refuse to acknowledge that this is the truth.

Blizzard is forcing you to do dailies because there is nothing else to do. Is it not content like you said?

Yes, the release of MoP made the numbers go up..
    Didn't you get that news?
    The numbers are even right now with the last quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    Totally agree brother. They need to stop handing out epics that took you 5 mins of AFKing in LFR to get. I want:

LFR removed.

LFG removed.

Dungeon/raid attunments back.

Crafting gear from raids costing more and increasing their usefulness.

No more heroic modes! Every boss is hard as it is presented with.

More single boss raids.

Taking away LFR and LFG will really bring the community back I think. Shit I know it will when things become hard again they become cool again. It took you 2 weeks to get that epic? Nice! it now means something.
    It's almost 2013. What you mentioned will NOT work anymore. It did 8 years ago, but not anymore. Fact. The majority of the WoW subs are casual. You want vanilla/BC. Sorry those years are long gone. Those were the days when everyone was new, no one knew anything and were too busy figuring out what an MMO actually was to concern themselves with raiding, so a simple model worked well. People put up with doing nothing. The problem was no one raided and the majority sat around Shattrath during BC bored out of their skulls either doing PvP or running dungeons over and over and nothing else because there was nothing else to do. I don't want that again. It was lame. And Blizzard saw this which is why things have changed year after year. More to do and a focus on raiding and PvE where everyone can do it.

I get it, you miss those years, hell I miss BC for the shear nostalgia, but times have changed. People expect more and removing all that stuff you mentioned would completely ruin the game. As I said, it's almost 2013. Games are more advanced and complex. Also remember that WoW is a monthly fee. If you remove everything people won't feel it's worth 15 bucks a month anymore. SWTOR tried to do just what you mentioned. Keep it simple with little to no features, a monthly fee and we saw what happened. It bombed horribly.

If you miss those years so bad, go find a private server or something and stay in the early years. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if MoPs release will keep subs higher than they were for a while, it's pretty naive to think it'll stay that way.

The game is too old to keep attracting more new people than old ones leaving. I'm just pissed off how this is used to determine quality.
    If subs determine quality, Cataclysm was "twice as good" as classic (what does that even mean...?)

If sub growth determines quality, classic was of course the clear winner. It's quite tough for an expansion having to surpass the previous version just to be "equal".

lfr gear arent epics they are 1/3 epics

10+ Year Old Account
    And we always had dailies, but only during MoP we are forced to do them?
    I do not understand how MoP has less things to do when it has the same amount of stuff as TBC/Classic ánd adds even more on top of it.
    That's like saying that 4 is more than 4+2, it's just mathematically incorrect!
    We're "forced" because they offer valor rewards.
    We're "forced" because they give Elder Charms for extra chances for LFR loot.

Apparently it's better when factions are meaningless, except giving some mount at exalted.
    So much agony, having to put a bit of effort in an MMO.

I wonder when the idea of MMOs always being fun spawned.
    Really. MMOs survive by gating their players, because there is no way in hell developers can create content faster than it is consumed. Well unless they do what classic (and BC, to some extent) did.. overtuned, buggy bosses, and half the class specs being poorly balanced and useless. With resistance to gate players for literally months.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-12-30 at 11:51 PM.

Because I experienced that community back than and I disagree that they where any better.
    That's what nostalgia does to you, it's how healthy humans are programmed: You remember the good encounters and forget the bad ones.

And we always had dailies, but only during MoP we are forced to do them?
    I do not understand how MoP has less things to do when it has the same amount of stuff as TBC/Classic ánd adds even more on top of it.
    That's like saying that 4 is more than 4+2, it's just mathematically incorrect!
    Your experience wasn't similar to mine so tough luck. Blaming it on nostalgia is ridiculous. Wrath sucked and EVERYONE hated it when it was current so stop saying it's nostalgia because Wrath sucked; badge for gear T8 T9 lol lol. I liked TBC in while it was current there wasn't anything upsetting about it. You don't like my opinion? Good for you and it's not nostalgia it's reality of what I experienced no matter how much you hate on it.

You obviously didn't have a good experience.

We only had dailies in starting in TBC. We are forced to do them BECAUSE people complained there was no content.. Now we have too many of them and they're all tied to a long reputation grind.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 06:51 PM ----------

Even if MoPs release will keep subs higher than they were for a while, it's pretty naive to think it'll stay that way.

The game is too old to keep attracting more new people than old ones leaving. I'm just pissed off how this is used to determine quality.
    If subs determine quality, Cataclysm was "twice as good" as classic (what does that even mean...?)

If sub growth determines quality, classic was of course the clear winner. It's quite tough for an expansion having to surpass the previous version just to be "equal".
    Same can be said that the game is old is why people are leaving. Obviously people are leaving for a reason they wouldn't leave if the game was still fun for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    lfr gear arent epics they are 1/3 epics
    Sha Crystal weapon enters the room showing off normal weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    Same can be said that the game is old is why people are leaving. Obviously people are leaving for a reason they wouldn't leave if the game was still fun for them.
    Everything becomes boring sooner or later.
    Personally I don't find so much entertainment in WoW anymore, because I've probably logged over a year online.

So am I "bored" because of the changes to the game, or because I've played it for so long.

If players are leaving because of the removal of "community" due to LFG/LFR and the lack of realm reputation among players, then those players should've left many years ago.
    Sorry, but you have to find a better reason as to why the subs is declining.
    As said, theres a myriad, but age is one of the major factors. Doesn't matter that MoP is objectively a great expansion, players get tired. A eight year old game can't attract new players as fast as it loses them. Reality is in the way.

If my experience is different that automatically means that what you said isn't "the truth".

Aah yes, EVERYONE hated Wrath and now many people are calling Wrath the best expansion.
    That also means this 'opinion' shouldn't be counted.

So you are forced to do them because people complained that there isn't content?
    As a response to that complaining they added tons of things that aren't related to Dailies, but we are still being forced to do them?

The fact that I haven't done any daily beside the new 5.1 ones proves that we aren't forced to do them.
    They are optional content!
    You can easily spend a few hours a week playing WoW without ever touching dailies.

The only "problem" here is that Blizzard puts out too much content and when one of this content offers upgrades people automatically assume that they are forced to do it. That is bullshit!!
    You know that WoTLK always sucked starting in the middle lol. Never have I heard so many complaints in my life.

We are forced to do them because it's all psychological my friend. Just like achievements. You feel like you're accomplishing something, it's a marketing strategy to keep you playing longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    it's a marketing strategy to keep you playing longer.
    "Marketing" is something entirely different.

A eight year old game can't attract new players as fast as it loses them. Reality is in the way.
    Blizzard thought differently when brushing off the veterans and overhauling the 1 - 60.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 07:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    "Marketing" is something entirely different.
    Not exactly when you're speaking in terms of a MMORPG lol.

Subscribers pay every month.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked TBC in while it was current there wasn't anything upsetting about it.
    Noo most certainly no one ever complained about space goats, sci-fi elements, shiny bright tier sets and bold colors, shaman/pally faction trade, elves on the horde side.... naaah must have been my imagination back in the day.

People ALWAYS bitch. It's best to just ignore it.