Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Pringles Rewind ? "whats the difference"

So I picked up a can of the sour cream& onion pringles rewind today thinking that it might be a return to the classic style
    (the original where a white powdery substance was used to give the flavor "which was 1000x better than the new style")

Anyway I opened the can and the crisps appear to be the same dull cardboard tasting piles of crap that normal pringles have become so I was curious as to what the difference between normal pringles and pringles rewind actually are ?

(maybe someone has seen an advertisement explaining it) ... I don't own a TV anymore so I ask my fellow gamers.

Yes but now with 60 % more asbestos!

you are 4 posts away from 13,000, why are you not a moderator.

Furthermore I am 100% sure it is not asbestos as I just lit one on fire with a lighter "actually improved the taste" but yeah they are definitely flammable.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post

Furthermore I am 100% sure it is not asbestos as I just lit one on fire with a lighter "actually improved the taste" but yeah they are definitely flammable.
    Because i have a tendency to piss people off being snarky and whatnot...

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Because i have a tendency to piss people off being snarky and whatnot...
    Don't let dem mod chains bind you from who you really are. Fly bird fly. #yolo

Deleted
    Sadly, as with most "rewind/classic/retro" foodstuffs, it's just a repackaging with the aim to catch some new customers or get the old ones back. Tried them myself and the taste is exactly the same if not worse. :/

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Pff, you can't tell me what to do!

*shackles himself*

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people not have google anymore?

Anyways, it would seem it is a total marketing thing. The only thing "rewound" is the can itself, not the crisps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

He said Yolo...KILL HIM!!! On-topic: Seems like it's more for to get your attention then actual difference in the food itself.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Maybe it's like Coca Cola Zero/Light, the same product but different packaging to appeal to men respective women. And rewind is like how women can rewind their fat and stuff, except it doesn't really rewind because it's chips and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Pff, you can't tell me what to do!

*shackles himself*
    Just become a tattle tale!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the "rewind" is because it's using an older model of the Pringles face on the tin.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post

Moderating has nothing to do with the number of posts

I have never seen thoose pringles. Will probably never taste them if I find them either. I almost never eat candy, chips etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Moderating has nothing to do with the number of posts

I have never seen thoose pringles. Will probably never taste them if I find them either. I almost never eat candy, chips etc.
    tired of life?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagobha View Post
    tired of life?
    Whenever I eat chips the smell gets stuck in my nose, and the smell keeps being there for like a week, and it's disgusting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagobha View Post
    tired of life?
    Why would I be? I just do not care for the taste

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Maybe it's like Coca Cola Zero/Light, the same product but different packaging to appeal to men respective women. And rewind is like how women can rewind their fat and stuff, except it doesn't really rewind because it's chips and shit.
    Just wanted to correct you on this one, Coca Cola Light and Zero is not the same and does not taste the same. Yes Zero is advertised for men for whatever reason.

"Coke Zero is sweetened with aspartame and acesulfame potassium (ace-k) and has zero calories. The only chemical difference between Coke Zero and Diet Coke is that Coke Zero has about half the aspartame but has more ace-k.

In addition, Diet Coke (introduced 1982) was aimed at the diet conscious generation and the advertisements have been aimed primarily women. Coke Zero (introduced 2005) was aimed at the male segment of the population who also don't want the extra calories but prefer the taste of regular Coke.

In terms of taste, Diet Coke is slightly smoother and does not have the same bite as Coke Zero. Some believe that the Diet Coke formula (flavors) is slightly different from that of Coke (which is what Coke is based on. Diet Coke formula is probably closer to the New Coke formula introduced in 1985."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko93 View Post
    Sadly, as with most "rewind/classic/retro" foodstuffs, it's just a repackaging with the aim to catch some new customers or get the old ones back. Tried them myself and the taste is exactly the same if not worse. :/
    didn't they try the same thing with pepsi throwback? imo it tasted awful. also i think the current pringles taste just fine. i don't notice a difference from the old ones. didn't even know there was one till just now.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    didn't they try the same thing with pepsi throwback? imo it tasted awful. also i think the current pringles taste just fine. i don't notice a difference from the old ones. didn't even know there was one till just now.
    Throwback is with real sugar rather than HFCS and it tastes a fucking lot better than regular Pepsi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Throwback is with real sugar rather than HFCS and it tastes a fucking lot better than regular Pepsi.
    let's just say i disagree.