Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i played 7 games released this year (transformers: fall of cybertron, orcs must die 2, torchlight 2, trine 2, diablo 3, skyrim, mop)

only 2 of which I enjoyed enough to qualify for goty so here's my top 2 ;p

1. orcs must die 2 (i absolutely fell in love with that series)
    2. torchlight 2

follow-ups: fall of cybertron, trine 2

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    5. Borderlands 2
    4. CS:GO
    3. Orcs Must Die 2
    2. Dishonored
    1. Xenoblade Chronicles
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Well, my original plan was to compile a list of the top 5, but since everyone is posting less than 5 games, I'm just gonna choose whichever game is mentioned the most.
    Well I had the unfortunate luck of only playing 4 2012 games, ME3, MOP, Dishonored and TWD and I haven't finished TWD. So I can't really make a list of 5.
    Putin khuliyo

1. FFXIII-2 - loved the gameplay and story
    2. Darksiders 2 - gameplay was a blast
    3. Orc Must Die! 2 - most underrated game of 2012 for me
    4. Spec ops the line - the story was good
    5. Guild wars 2 - best leveling in any mmo ive played

There were so many great games this year
    Last edited by Boxtroll55; 2012-12-30 at 07:38 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Well, my original plan was to compile a list of the top 5, but since everyone is posting less than 5 games, I'm just gonna choose whichever game is mentioned the most.
    In that case I will mention Torchlight II. Hard to think of 5 games of the year, sry

1. Kid Icarus Uprising
    2. Guild Wars 2
    3. Hitman Absolution
    4. Forge
    5. Farcry 3

I could go on and on about why I love Kid Icarus Uprising. I'll just say the gameplay is excellent when you get a feel for the controls, however the lack of accessible buttons limits the gameplay. The characters are humorous and memorable. The online PvP is a lot of fun.

For Guild Wars 2 there's not much to say what hasn't already been said before.

Hitman Absolution is slick. It's one of those games in a series which changes the gameplay but doesn't completely trash it, in other words, a damn good sequel. Everything works how you want it to and there's an actual storyline this time with some pretty funny characters. Even going through the mission you can listen in on conversations between people, which makes waiting around waiting for a guard to walk by a lot more bearable.

Forge is simply put underrated. It's a true moba and purely PvP. It's dynamic, fairly quick paced, and actually well-balanced. Most people see it as WoW PvP but with FPS elements, which it isn't because platforming/wall jumping is a huge factor in this game, which you need to use to get around and survive. The gameplay and comabt is 10/10 I play it almost everyday which is surprising considering how little I play nowadays and I'm always learning a bit more about how the game works and how to improve on my play. The main issue with Forge is its in a beta state since there's a ton of features that are missing and even an entire class which is meant to be implemented later, but so far I find the game a ton of fun and I think it deserves a lot more attention than what its currently getting.

Deleted
    1. Halo 4
    2. Planetside 2
    3. Guild wars 2
    4. Armored kill expansion pack.
    Cant really think of any game i have played that is worthy of spot number 5 beyond diablo 3 and MoP, but would not want to give neither of them a game of the year because of DRM issues on D3 and the first few months of mop feeling like a beta for pvp with loads of issues that should been fixed before it left the actual beta.

1. The Walking Dead. It was just a great experience all around.
    2. Max Payne 3. Great story and awesome gun fights.
    3. Borderlands 2. Honestly not sure why it's good but I poured 150 hours into it so there must be something.
    4. Spec Ops: The Line. Above average combat but the story blew me away.
    5. Sleeping Dogs. Underrated game of the year.

I could list a few more but there's 5.

1. Planetside 2
    2. Guild Wars 2
    3. FTL
    4. Borderlands 2
    5. Mass Effect 3
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

5. The Walking Dead
    4. Torchlight II
    3. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
    2. Guild Wars 2
    1. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

KoA is probably the only game I've EVER played that truly captured my attention and made me want to play more. For me, it had everything I ever wanted in a video game. Great combat, great talent system, large variety of items, and player housing. I don't care about the story so it didn't bother me at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    1. The Secret World
    2. Pokemon Black and White 2
    3. Battlefield 3 Armored Kill
    4. Battlefield 3 Aftermath

That's all iv played really (not including Pandaria which doesn't even deserve a place).
    how does mop not count but 2 bf3 dlc do?

and is this a goty released in 2012 or any game you've played during 2012? i dont remember skyrim or koa being from 2012 but tbh i dont remember much of 2012
    Last edited by Achaman; 2012-12-30 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I'm suprised BW2 is getting so many votes. I was actually really disappointed in the game. I hope the sequels isnt Nintendo's future model because it really didnt work.
    I agree, B/W weren't masterpieces in themselves, and a sequel was very unnecessary. I'm just waiting for the inevitable Ruby and Sapphire remakes. Only cool thing about B/W2 would be the tournament where you face previous games' gym leaders and champions, but that's just about it.

OT: The only game that I've found myself to really enjoy this year was MoP, so I guess it gets my vote.

In no particular order;
    1. Far Cry 3
    2. PlanetSide 2
    3. Borderlands 2
    4. World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria
    5. Guild Wars 2, though debatable as it f'ed up my graphics card!

In no particular order:

• Dishonored
    • Torchlight 2
    • Journey
    • The Walking Dead
    • The Secret World

For me, my GOTY would be The Secret World. Out of all of those games, it's the only one I'm still playing on a regular basis and still enjoying immensely. Plus they deserve some credit for their B2P model transition, and how many people are now discovering and rediscovering the game and enjoying it.

Deleted
    This has been an incredibly bad year for gaming and only a handful of games are worth mentioning and only one game is worthy of an "award".
    Planetside 2! No competition, that's a fact!

My vote's to Halo 4. 343 managed to reawaken that Halo 1 feel in me.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

5 Dishonored
    4 Guild wars 2
    3 Dragon Nest
    2 Resident Evil 6
    1 torchlight2

1 - Dishonored
    2 - ME3
    3 - X:Com
    4 - Guild Wars 2
    5 - Toss up between Halo 4 and Blops2 due only to playtime spent on the games. Blops2 edges ahead because 343 didn't Show me if MC was physically changed from the forced evolution or not, the bastards!, although I really enjoy the Mech in Halo 4 multiplayer... oh decisions.

No particular order:
    -MoP
    -Borderlands 2
    -Orcs Must Die 2 (Holy shit talk about a game I thought would be horrible that ended up being pure awesome)
    -Halo 4
    -Diablo 3

Still a few games I haven't yet tried out, like AC3, but as a person that really doesn't buy that many games, I'm fairly satisfied.

For me the list would be:

5) Diablo 3
    4) Torchlight 2
    3) Assassins Creed 3
    2) Dishonored
    1) World of WarCraft: Mists of Pandaria

The reason I chose WoW as my top game for the year, is because not only is it my favorite type of game (MMORPG), but Blizzard managed to fix so many things that Cataclysm broke. They gave players CHOICES again (Yes, they feel mandatory to some, but at the end of the day, they just plain aren't), and made the story actually matter, because lets face it, it just didn't in Cataclysm. The constant engine upgrades are still keeping the game beautiful even by todays standards, something thats incredible for an 8 year old game.

If I had to choose a new game overall though, I'd probably say Dishonored or AC3