15+ Year Old Account

[SPECULATION] Hakkar and Pandaria?

Recently there are lots of discussions about 7th Sha in Pandaria and I've been thinking about Hakkar as the possible candidate for the spot.

How?

Trolls are trying to save their race, they are desperate, they are doing everything in their powers.

In 4.1 we saw Jin'do summoning Hakkar in Zul'Gurub where, after we defeat him, he tells us "Be freed, insects. I will deal with you another time."

At the release of MoP we were given confirmation that trolls were involved with Mogu and Pandaren in the past. They are fully aware of the powers hidden within the artifact possessed by Lei Shen. Now, reason why trolls are helping them, could be that they believe the artifact Lei Shen has could help them resurrect Hakkar (by resurrecting I mean physically manifesting him on Azeroth in his full power).

What we know about Hakkar is very little. We know that trolls consider him a god, a vicious one. But his origins were never fully explained.
    We know that Sha are manifestations of emotions.

There are two emotions which are predominant in troll behavior: pride and bloodthirst.

Hakkar's official title is "the Soulflayer" but he is also referred to as "The Blood God". Now official lore states that he is just another powerful entity, but he referrs to himself multiple times as a God:

"Your deceit is unforgivable, Jin'do! You spit in the face of a god!" - Revamped ZG
    "Minions of Hakkar, hear your God. The sanctity of this temple has been compromised. Invaders encroach upon holy ground! The Altar of Blood must be protected. Kill them all!" - Old ZG

This presents the Pride and his Bloodthirst which could preset the 7th Sha (of pride, of bloodthirst).

This might be a bit far fetched but it got onto my mind.

Thoughts?

again hakker? havent we seen him enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Recently there are lots of discussions about 7th Sha in Pandaria and I've been thinking about Hakkar as the possible candidate for the spot.

How?

Trolls are trying to save their race, they are desperate, they are doing everything in their powers.

In 4.1 we saw Jin'do summoning Hakkar in Zul'Gurub where, after we defeat him, he tells us "Be freed, insects. I will deal with you another time."

At the release of MoP we were given confirmation that trolls were involved with Mogu and Pandaren in the past. They are fully aware of the powers hidden within the artifact possessed by Lei Shen. Now, reason why trolls are helping them, could be that they believe the artifact Lei Shen has could help them resurrect Hakkar (by resurrecting I mean physically manifesting him on Azeroth in his full power).

What we know about Hakkar is very little. We know that trolls consider him a god, a vicious one. But his origins were never fully explained.
    We know that Sha are manifestations of emotions.

There are two emotions which are predominant in troll behavior: pride and bloodthirst.

Hakkar's official title is "the Soulflayer" but he is also referred to as "The Blood God". Now official lore states that he is just another powerful entity, but he referrs to himself multiple times as a God:

"Your deceit is unforgivable, Jin'do! You spit in the face of a god!" - Revamped ZG
    "Minions of Hakkar, hear your God. The sanctity of this temple has been compromised. Invaders encroach upon holy ground! The Altar of Blood must be protected. Kill them all!" - Old ZG

This presents the Pride and his Bloodthirst which could preset the 7th Sha (of pride, of bloodthirst).

This might be a bit far fetched but it got onto my mind.

Thoughts?
    maybe. but i say just maybe. We already know the reason why the Zandalari are back. The reason why the trolls are here is because of a simple thing: Land.
    yes land or a home as they lost Zandalar.

No Tusk Club.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    No, I don't think that's the case, simpy because of the shape Hakkar has.
    Strangely, since his shape really reminds me of Sha (the upper torso).

Sounds plausible, but only time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    Yes. People need to understand that certain bosses (Ragnaros,Kael'thas,Hakkar etc) have a reason and lore behind their returns, also cus they didn't die in the first place.

Technically no, we haven't seen anything from him.

well Hakkar I believe was confirmed to be one of the only true deities on azeroth, and the sha are not gods. Secondly with the previes of 5.2 we can see the 7th sha, and he/she/it is not Hakkar

http://www.wowhead.com/news=209326/5...1:47170:0:10+0

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    well Hakkar I believe was confirmed to be one of the only true deities on azeroth, and the sha are not gods. Secondly with the previes of 5.2 we can see the 7th sha, and he/she/it is not Hakkar

http://www.wowhead.com/news=209326/5...1:47170:0:10+0
    I can't recall nor find anywhere where it's stated that he's a god (except in his quotes).

Are you sure it's a 7th sha and not just another sha like model?

Hakkar has nothing to do with the Sha or Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm highly doubtful that Hakkar has anything to do with the Sha... Hakkar is described as a Loa spirit of blood, and manifested himself to the gurubashi trolls some time after the sundering occurred.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't think Hakkar is directly involved with the Sha, it might be possible that we'll see him again soon. Though seeing as how this next patch is very heavily based on the Mogu/Trolls I don't think Blizzard will play the Hakkar card until a later expansion/story with trolls taking the spotlight.

10+ Year Old Account
    We havn't seen Hakkar since Vanilla ZG
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I dont see how Hakkar looks anything like the Sha, he looks exactly like another loa named Quetz'lun that we helped in Wrath. I know trolls like to use paint and feathers but I doubt Hakkar would let them play dress up with him.

I really hope that the sha manifestation behind garrosh in the bell ringing video is not the 7th sha.

Blizz needs to make the final sha a big badass to top off the expansion.
    I personally liked the idea of Sha of Sin as it simply implies that he is more of a badass than his brethren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    I can't recall nor find anywhere where it's stated that he's a god (except in his quotes).

Are you sure it's a 7th sha and not just another sha like model?
    Looks like the Sha of Anger. There were a few things that wound up listed as 'new' that were actually old models and items that had simply been tweaked or put in twice for some reason. I don't think there's anything Sha related happening in 5.2 - at least, nothing has been hinted at yet.

As for Hakkar, we seem to be getting plenty of troll related goings on, but no mention of him. He's still out there, but he's unlikely to be too friendly with the Zandalari, since they were trying to shackle him back in Cata.

Hakkar is a Loa, specifically the Loa of Blood. They're spirits of nature. There's some speculation the Loa are creatures like the Ancient Guardians (Cenarius, Goldrinn, Aviana etc), and the August Celestials (which seem to be Pandarian equivalents of the Ancient Guardians) - natural demigods. All of these creatures seem to have some kind of connection to the Emerald Dream and possibly originate there or are manifestations of it.

So I really doubt he has anything to do with the Sha, which are fragments of a dead Old God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So I really doubt he has anything to do with the Sha, which are fragments of a dead Old God.
    Well you could easily spin a speculation from this point.

Hakkar and the emerald Nightmare have a odd connection, as seen in the Sunken Temple, since the Emerald Nightmare was made by an Old God.

Obviously you would connect some plots that probably unconnected but hey...speculation...

But that Hakkar has some ties to the Old Gods is highly possible in my view, maybe not Sha, but something else.

I mean the emerald nightmare shows some affinity for snakes, as seen in the wailing caverns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I mean the emerald nightmare shows some affinity for snakes, as seen in the wailing caverns.
    There's some implication in Mount Hyjal that the ancients being reborn through the Emerald Dream are coming out meaner and nastier than usual, and the Twilight's Hammer are attempting to create their own evil ancients. This is more than likely due to the influence of the Nightmare, which has reached as far as Mount Hyjal in the Dream (the quest where you get Fandral out of the Barrow Dens proves this).

For me, that's just one more bit of evidence that the Loa and the ancients are the same type of creature, just with different names.