Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    best: bc, wotlk
    worst: cata, draenor

TBC > Vanilla >> WotLK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cata....

I played in disgust the new 1-60 in Cata and soon after quit WoW for good, so i can't tell about the newer expansions.
    TBC brought some good fixes to classes, like prot paladins tanking abilities. In WotLK they started to give free gear left and right, and the hated RDF was introduced, but overall experience was still positive. In Cata they ruined everything, and the destruction is still going on..

Deleted
    Best: WotLK = WoD
    Worst: Cata
    Most overrated crap: TBC

10+ Year Old Account
    From best to worst:

WotLK >> TBC = WoD >> MoP >> Vanilla >> Cata

Reasoning:

I placed WotLK first cause of probably best lore, PvE (ICC alone is a masterpiece), and PvP (S8 - one of arguably most balanced PvP seasons ever).

Next go both TBC and current WoD with great PvE, revolutionary features for their time, interesting lore and OKish PvP (some imbalances here and there, but playable).

Next goes MoP. Also some great revolutionary features, great fun zones like IoT and Timeless Isle, Isle of Giants, OKish PvE, but very bad PVP. Horrible imbalances, Stampede, Taste of Blood, retarded Hunters and Warriors (free glads for these classes with little effort), etc.

Next goes Vanilla. Despite all the praises, it had horrible mechanics which thankfully got fixed over the years: grinding which took ages, very poor PvP as a whole and a lack of many things which currently make WoW as enjoyable as we used to.

And, finally, Cata I name the worst expansion. Dull and boring PvE (horrible raids except Firelands, a year-long DS, dumb LFR appearance); no new continent (only Vashj'ir was a sort of real landscape change and 1 zone is not enough); finally, Season 11 was the most HORRIBLE imbalanced PVP season EVER. With rogues abusing legendary daggers and PVE trinkets in arena, OP locks and caster comps, season nearly unplayable for any melee classes at all. I hated Cata period with all my heart and soul.

The only really good thing about Cata was Azeroth revamp, making 1-60 zones fun again. But it's a small drop in whole sea of negativity.

P.S. Rated from PvPer's POV
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2014-12-16 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

...[*]BC was my favorite; always had something to do, despite getting nowhere in raiding.
    This pretty much sums it up for me. WOD has so much potential - but everything just comes (for my tastes anyway) a bit too quick and easy - and then I will stop, waiting for major patches and expansions...

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on lore
    Classic
    WotLK
    TBC
    Cataclysm
    MoP

Based on gameplay
    MoP
    Cataclysm
    WotLK
    TBC
    Classic

Based on raids
    WotLK
    MOP
    TBC
    Cataclysm
    Classic
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    how can you say WoD is the best PvE expansion when it so far only has 1 raid with 7 bosses in it?
    Because PvE isn't just raid bosses, and that poster is entitled to their opinion.

WotLK >>>>> WoD > MoP > BC >>>>> Cata

To be fair:

- I didn't play MoP until 6.0, but what little I've played was better than BC. :P
    - I thought the 1-60 revamp was good, but Cata 80-85 content is the worst WoW has ever produced.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

TBC > Vanilla > WOTLK > Cata > MOP and atm not sure where to place WoD

TBC was the peak of the game for me. Even though at the end of the expansion with muru the guild wrecker i had to change realm and guild but still one of the best expansions PVE wise and Lore wise

Vanilla was amazing, world pvp raiding xroads or tarren mill Leveling while discovering references to warcraft series, infinite number of quests!!! Pve wise Cthun and Kelthuzad are still in my top 10 favourite fights. Fissure hugger!

Wrath was the best expansion Lorewise. The inmersion in northrend was amazing. PVE wise the start was sucky... naxx all again, sartharion and malygos ... even magtheridon was better than those 2. I hated badly the gating to Lich King actually i got burnt out during that period. And it was the worst for me guild wise. I changed at least 5 times of raiding guild in WOTLK. Algalon and ofc Lich King were guild wreckers in high end pve guilds. LFD was a good addition as well.

Cata start was really nice with all that hard heroics ... then the feeling just vanished with the nuinsance raids rly? onyxia and nefarian again? ragnaros again? raggy was quite challengin but DS was horrible -.- I got to say i like LFR it was nice for those that run with loads of alts.

MoP i guess playing a resto shaman didn't help for me to like MoP ... PVE wise was horrible, the lore ... stupid why are we killing Lei Shen again? i would just save SoO but 1 year of farming ... not needed -.-

WotLK > TBC > Classic > MoP > Cataclysm, with WoD currently fitting somewhere inbetween WotLK and TBC.

Mop caused me to quit while WoD beta caused me to not return. Those are some bad expansions in my book.

I'll take TBC or WoTLK any day over either of the other 2.

Classic, I'd rather not go back to. It was more fun because it was new vs most anything else.

Haven't played WoD yet, but:

MoP = Cata > WotlK => TBC >> Vanilla.

Cata wasn't that bad, the dungeons in the beginning were awesome, I loved the questing between 80-85 and 4.0 & 4.2 raids were awesome, they just gigantically fucked it up in the end with Dragonsoul. That shit was cruel.

WotlK wasnt that good either, we had Ulduar and some shiny moments in ICC. Most zones, Naxx revamp, TotC and both BGs were freaking awful.

I think TBC was great, but I didn't get to see a lot of content (I was like 13 back then, no raiding for me).