Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Jaina post Operation Shieldwall *Spoilers*

Not seen this elsewhere so forgive me if it has already been mentioned.

Jaina during, and at the end of, Operation Shieldwall has gone a bit blood thirsty, calling out for murder......and considering her appearance post Theramore, she's looking quite Sha-like to me.

Any other thoughts people have on this? Think she'll end up as a boss alongside Garrosh?

Deleted
    I think that most ppl know that she expelled the Sunreavers from Dalaran by now.. So no need to say spoilers.. she's just mad about Theramore..

Sha-like? wtf... just really?

there have been posts about Jaina's bloothirst since the novel came out (late August..)... and there have been plenty of discussions about this..

Meh.. I can see that you are new..
    Last edited by mmoc1cb88fe73b; 2012-12-29 at 04:37 PM.

I wouldn't call the "teenage girl's fanfic of a plot twist" her hair took as a sign that's becoming a Sha. Now, her hatred, violence and anger? Yeah, that's not unlikely to be brought up after the Thunder King raid. The Sha was a major part of the 5.1 plot line and they're playing up Jaina's emotions (justified or not) as much as possible.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    It was the mana bomb that turned Jaina to what she is today, nothing to do with the Sha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It was the mana bomb that turned Jaina to what she is today, nothing to do with the Sha.
    Not only the mana bomb also the shock, agony, rage, and sadness about the ones she lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Not only the mana bomb also the shock, agony, rage, and sadness about the ones she lost.
    I meant the physical part, but yep, that also affected Jaina's character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Jaina is angry about what the Sunreavers did, and was allready pissed at Garrosh, so if Garrosh unleashes some kind of Sha presence/aura/thingy and Jain gets caught up in it, then I can very much see her going over the edge for a bit.

I doubt, after all the time Blizz put in to the char rework that they'd kill her off though. Possibly just needs to be smacked a bit to get the Sha out of her at some point if it comes to that.

Might be that she's part of a Horde/Alliance split fight (most likely in a dungeon then) like it was in Halls of Reflection with her and Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, a real spoiler then for those who haven't finished the Op shieldwall story - After Anduin puts an end to Garrosh's mad scheme to control the sha using the divine bell, and Garrosh crushes Anduin when he shatters the bell, once the alliance player gets Anduin back to the base in pandaria, well Varian is in obvious shock at what happened to his son, Jaina is almost ballistic with rage, swearing blood for blood, to the point it shocks Varian as her rage.

This turn of events in the story really gets me down. I liked Jaina as she was before, she was wise and forthright, she wanted peace but still had a strong character and determination. Nowadays, she sounds worse then Varian use to sound (back in wrath), well Varian himself appears to have become mellow.
    I'm also still pissed off that the horde is being so demonized by this event thanks to Garrosh, I'm starting to believe its going to take far more then just killing Garrosh to resolve to much of it.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This turn of events in the story really gets me down. I liked Jaina as she was before, she was wise and forthright, she wanted peace but still had a strong character and determination. Nowadays, she sounds worse then Varian use to sound (back in wrath), well Varian himself appears to have become mellow.
    I think you're confusing a character that was a little racist because of past events to one who's angry with the current Horde for their actions.
    Just bear in mind what she's lost because of her trust in the Horde. I don't think her methods in Dalaran were good at all but the fact is that she continued to stubborn advocate peace even after the people she trusted blew up her city.
    There does come a point when if a character does not get slightly peeved off by another's actions that the character is too one dimensional, and don't get me wrong either I prefer pre-cata Jaina but unlike other development this doesn't feel forced and definitely seems natural.

Time and next patch will tell how far down the rabbit hole she's gone. I don't think it's right to call her some crazy woman until we've seen this war through.

I'm also still pissed off that the horde is being so demonized by this event thanks to Garrosh, I'm starting to believe its going to take far more then just killing Garrosh to resolve to much of it.
    Well I know I and a few others have felt this way about the Horde since Cata. The fact is even then just removing Garrosh isn't enough to atone the Orcs for their actions. As I've mentioned countless times the majority Orcs like and support Garrosh, so just removing the head isn't actually going to solve any problems and definitely isn't going to remove the roots as it were.

The Sha don't possess someone then turn them towards their emotions. They possess someone who has a great deal of pent up [insert emotion or violence here] either being kept hidden or being constantly projected. That's the entire point of 5.0.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    The Sha don't possess someone then turn them towards their emotions. They possess someone who has a great deal of pent up [insert emotion or violence here] either being kept hidden or being constantly projected. That's the entire point of 5.0.
    Which I don't get blizzards working towards this. We have Garrosh, whos the living embodiment of violence and hatred, and we now got a deranged Jaina with her anger issues, and most likely Varian with his massive doubt issues. They are all stood on pandaria.. why haven't the sha turned round and said 'OH MAN, LOOK AT THE NOM NOMS!' ?
    #boycottchina

I think Jaina absorb some of the mana bomb energies making her OP now allows her to summon 2 water elementals that 1 shot everything second only to Chuck Norris.
    Edit: Confirmed that all the mage's elementals being summon from his bathroom.

Deleted
    Which I don't get blizzards working towards this. We have Garrosh, whos the living embodiment of violence and hatred, and we now got a deranged Jaina with her anger issues, and most likely Varian with his massive doubt issues. They are all stood on pandaria.. why haven't the sha turned round and said 'OH MAN, LOOK AT THE NOM NOMS!' ?
    Plot Twist; There never WAS a Sha, it was the secret gnomish/goblin organization known as "the itanimullI" who are covering up their dark scemes to dominate everyone. Garrosh, Varian and Jaina are all puppets of the organization while they secretly dig for resources to fuel a new god they have created, tsirhC.

You heard it here first!

- All jokes aside, I actualy agree completely with you, Trassk, and it has struck me as pretty odd aswell.

Alas, I think we should remember to take everything in WoW with a grain of salt. Perhaps we'll find out someone WAS posessed whom we did not expect or perhaps there were other reasons? I mean, IIRC neither the Horde or Alliance leaders of the battle in Jade Forest got impacted by the Sha untill the very end which was more of a culmination of hatred than individual influence despite clear hatred from both sides.

Maybe the Sha is designed more as a clever entity than a mindless posessive spirit which knows that posessing those would not change much in their behavior anyways and that a culmination is imminent even without influence? Perhaps to rest and focus on the bigger picture and be prepeared (While maintaining a large Sha of Anger every 10 mins in Kun-Lai, that can't be an easy job neither! ;D)
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2012-12-29 at 05:49 PM.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd throw out all Horde of Dalaran if my city was burned to bits... hell, I might have even gone a little further

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes me wonder is..we all know Garrosh is full of anger and violence emotions and yet in the questline when he was ganging the bell his troops and Ishi got possessed by the sha yet Garrosh wasn't affected at all? do you think it was a plot armor from Blizzard to save him until the siege of Orgrimmar patch? or was it because of his weapon device (the one he was holding while ganging the divine bell) somehow made him immune to the sha? this part I didn't get very well to be honest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cause you clearly know the intentions blizzard have with the character . Never say never.

Personally I´m not ruling it out. Especially considering how all those possessed act.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    I hope Jaina is a boss with Garrosh. I wouldn't mind knocking the rest of the blond out of her hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again with the same story?

The only thing that has made Jaina is what she should have done long ago: defend the interests of the Alliance in an active way. Now Jaina herself can be considered a proud heroine of the Alliance.

Finally the Kirin Tor and the High Elves are at the head of the Alliance, where always they should have been...

15+ Year Old Account
    Most likely since they got control of their emotions in the same manner as most pandarans do.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    What makes me wonder is..we all know Garrosh is full of anger and violence emotions and yet in the questline when he was ganging the bell his troops and Ishi got possessed by the sha yet Garrosh wasn't affected at all? do you think it was a plot armor from Blizzard to save him until the siege of Orgrimmar patch? or was it because of his weapon device (the one he was holding while ganging the divine bell) somehow made him immune to the sha? this part I didn't get very well to be honest.
    Maybe he has a personalty/character which is too strong to be controlled. Just like the thing with the jedi mindtrick :P
    Same goes for Varian and Jaina.