I've officially quit WoW now. Where to next, GW2, Rift, A realm reborn?

Which is best! I need a new fun mmo that perhaps even has raiding in it

Quote Originally Posted by Demolocklol View Post
    perhaps even has raiding in it
    I've heard about this mmo called World of Warcraft, give that a shot.

Mod Warning: Please try to keep posts constructive in the future.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2013-09-15 at 11:58 PM.

I went to Rift and loved it for a whole year, but it was still pay to play and the raids were fun and content kept coming left and right. I'm not sure now anymore - and came back to wow to see MoP. Oh, I also gave GW2 a shot.. free is free after all, and I found it horrible, like very very bad horrible. lol, but i like rift and wow.
    Last edited by slime; 2013-09-15 at 07:45 PM.

Deleted
    GW2 was horrible for me. In each MMO I've tried I get so excited in the start but GW2 bored me out within the first 20 minutes, I went with Rift instead, It's a great choice, fun to level, and its free, can't say much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Piitz View Post
    no need to be a sarcastic prick, they don't like the game anymore even though we still do. Be mature enough to respect it.

GW2 is pretty fun OP, it just is pretty grindy as well. Though you don't have to pay a sub fee, so that is always great.

If you like grind like vanilla or BC WoW go check out FF. If you want a F2P similar to WoW I'd say Rift. GW2 holds no value to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    try both rift and gw2...they are both fun however when i play rift i tend to hit a dead end at certain points where it goes from being fun to just being a long repetitive grind >.< GW2 is also fun however there is little endgame content other than the patches they release every 2 weeks..if you like random events/ jumping puzzles you will have a lot of fun..

10+ Year Old Account
    Try Rift is pretty good and have all you asked for, and if in the future you decide to go back to Wow it will be at least 6 months later so you will have new content

Quote Originally Posted by Piitz View Post

Infractions in 3,2,1

Well, depends what you're into, I suppose. Most MMO's are free to play now, I'd say try them all.

SW:ToR and LOTRO are very like WoW, if you want something LIKE WoW that isn't WoW. GW2 has a lot of great features, and it's wonderful for people who like exploring, and you actually get rewarded for doing so. Rift has a skill system that is just a tad too complicated for me, combat is very WoW-like, though. DCUO let's you make your own superhero, and uses a fighting system that involves clicking your mouse buttons to perform all your attacks. Elder Scrolls Online is being developed, that could be fun. Dragon's Dogma has some nifty ideas, and you get to collect tons of dragons that fight with you, if you're into that sort of thing.

Personally, I'm waiting to check out Wildstar. That game looks awesome, has a wonderful aesthetic to it.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Rift: Go there for raiding
    GW2: Go there for constant story development and large scale pvp.
    Firefall: Go there for jet packs, lazers, and jetball.
    Lotro: Go there for fantasy story/lore
    Swtor: Go there for scifi story/lore and soon xwing vs tie fighter.
    Vindictus: Go there for the best hack and slash
    Warframe: Go there for best all around combat and movement.
    Starconflict: Go there for the best space dog fights.
    ect
    ect
    ect. Welcome to real MMOing. Get downloading.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I didn't like raiding in Rift. GW2 is fun to occasionally play. I plan to try Realm Reborn once they open up digital downloads again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Rift: Go there for raiding
    GW2: Go there for constant story development and large scale pvp.
    Firefall: Go there for jet packs, lazers, and jetball.
    Lotro: Go there for fantasy story/lore
    Swtor: Go there for scifi story/lore and soon xwing vs tie fighter.
    Vindictus: Go there for the best hack and slash
    Warframe: Go there for best all around combat and movement.
    Starconflict: Go there for the best space dog fights.
    ect
    ect
    ect. Welcome to real MMOing. Get downloading.

They are removing Jetball.

Eve online. If you quit for the same reason i did which is wow catering to casual players and making shit so easy it wasnt worth the time of the old raiders to try when any slobering idiot can get raid badges or raid gear handed to them you will enjoy Eve online. Eve online does not cater to casuals just to get subs, The more time you put in the better the rewards are. ANd it does not coddle idiots or stupid people as they lose thier shit very fast by not paying attention or doing dumb shit. Its very unforgiving to people who dont think before they do things. Its been around since 03 and is only getting better and increasing subs, Its been in the news at least 3 times this year for major battles of 3k plus players that were involved. Check it out.

Please use this thread when asking which game you should play: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Suggest-a-Game!
    These threads tend to devolve into game vs. game threads, so closing.

Rift is a kick in the junk after 50 and at max level if you arent full raid geared you will be kicked from heroic dungeon groups.

GW2 was unplayable after 5 minutes. Swtor you have to pay rl currency to unlock your user interface.

FFXIV designers and fan base should be incinerated just in case stupid really is contagious.

Eve requires another game to be played in conjunction with it to be bearable.

I hear the expansion might make d3 tolerable but blizz isnt regaining my trust until they publicly execute the original designers responsible for the always online and loot systems.

Please use the request a game sticky at the top of the page.