Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just want to correct you on the 3770K being great for OC. It's not. It gets hot as hell and your whole PC turns to slug if you try to go higher than 4,6. At 4,6 even the h100i will have trouble keeping it cool. How do I know? I bought one, overclocked it for a few weeks and stuck my 2600K back in as it allows me 4,9ghz with no issues. a 2600K beats a 3770K easily when both are overclocked to their limits.

The 3570K however is a nice little CPU that will do the job you want it to do, although a tiny bit slower but you won't notice that. Only way you will notice the difference between the i7 and i5 is if you are using autocad alot, i mean hours a day. Also, HT makes the cores, physical and logical, a tiny bit less effective than if it wasn't HT. That means that single threaded operations will work better clock for clock on the i5 vs the i7(games and most programs). Only reason the i7 marginally wins in performance at stock speed is due to higher base clock, if they were the same speed the i5 would reign supreme.

Luckily, overclockin fixes the problem for the i5 as you will easily OC it to 4,3 and beat a stock i7 at everything but autocad. In real life though, the only place you can tell the difference between them is in 3Dmark and other benchmarking tools, no chance you can tell the difference in games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I question if you really think you have 300gb in programs, however based off all the money you're saving by cutting unnecessary stuff, you should easily be able to afford it with the same cost.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    In real life though, the only place you can tell the difference between them is in 3Dmark and other benchmarking tools, no chance you can tell the difference in games.
    Even stuff like 3D rendering only benefits from 3-6%, which is only useful if you're doing like 100+hour renders, or if your business is paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by darcrular View Post
    I am getting a normal hard drive for (all programs) I can't afford to put all my programs on a SSD or i'd need to go into the 257GB - 512GB category and i can't afford that as i said. But moving up to a 128gb is definitely something reasonable that i can do.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820147189

Much better investment. You don't need to spend 180 bucks on ram. That's insane.