Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    MMO does not = MMORPG

it could be an FPS for 500 people per game. that would be an MMOFPS.
    Wow for someone with the name checking facts you sure didn't check your facts on this one. When did the poster you quoted ever say that it would be an MMORPG?

Deleted
    @OP

Titan will have groups and dungeons? How do you know that? :O Are you a blizz employee undercover?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Wow for someone with the name checking facts you sure didn't check your facts on this one. When did the poster you quoted ever say that it would be an MMORPG?
    the answer is simple:

1 - we don't know exactly what titan is. it could be a game just like counter strike;
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizark View Post
    Blizzard confirmed it is a "next gen MMO" long ago.
    he quoted me and said that. simple interpretation tells me that he was correcting me for saying it could be an FPS, because "blizzard confirmed it would be an MMO". I'm just saying there can be more types of MMO than just MMORPGs.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-01-01 at 12:53 AM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    he quoted me and said that. simple interpretation tells me that he was correcting me for saying it could be an FPS, because "blizzard confirmed it would be an MMO". I'm just saying there can be more types of MMO than just MMORPGs.
    Would be interesting what they come up with to make it different. So far Blizzard has only released RTS and RPG games.

the answer is simple:
    Yeah I'd still think about changing my name to 'jumping to conclusions' though.

I would hope it has lfg, but I also want to see a penalty for dbags in groups. Like if you get enough hate from ppl you get bounty hunter npcs to come after you and kill you several times.

Yeah I'd still think about changing my name to 'jumping to conclusions' though.
    I'm with facts on this. What else could Blizark have meant by what he said?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I'm with facts on this. What else could Blizark have meant by what he said?
    Well for starters he could have meant MMOFPS. Of course we'll never know cause checking facts was jumping to conclusions. That is unless checking facts meant that CS was an MMO. In which case he would have to change his name from 'jumping to conclusions' to 'far from facts'.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wont be buying it unfortunately. I have no faith in Blizzard products any longer. CRZ was just the final nail in the coffin. I'll play WoW for my friends sakes, but will not expend the time I did on any game again.

Use my future goggles, I'm going to predict it's a MMO-FPS. I think they have seen the huge success they have had with Call of Duty and are looking for a way to hook more people in.

I like some of the rumors that it might be Halo (or Halo like) or maybe just World of Duty. MMORPGs are too niched. I think they are swinging for the fences and going after a e-sports like game.

The main point: we have no idea what Titan is or isn't.

MMO does not = MMORPG

it could be an FPS for 500 people per game. that would be an MMOFPS.
    If there's a hard cap on the number of players designed into how may players characters can play together at the same time in the same world, it's not massively-multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things we know about Titan: It's a game.

Things we don't know about Titan: Everything other than "it's a game."
    Putin khuliyo

Well for starters he could have meant MMOFPS.
    Which is what facts meant, making Blizark's post redundant.
    That is unless checking facts meant that CS was an MMO.
    No, I think it's fairly clear he was indicating CS as an FPS.
    In which case he would have to change his name from 'jumping to conclusions' to 'far from facts'.
    But I like how you get to accuse facts of jumping to conclusions when you're freely making assumptions about what Blizark meant. How does the hipocrisy taste?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    If there's a hard cap on the number of players designed into how may players characters can play together at the same time in the same world, it's not massively-multiplayer.
    MMOs do have caps on the number of players they support. It just happens to be very, very high.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Don't all MMORPG servers have a cap before the queue comes into effect?

I think LFG can be designed to support server community, it can be made part of social system of the game ... but cross server lfg operates over too many players, so that one should be used very carefully.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will surely not be a wow follow up (THANK GOD) We don't know anything about it yet, they will probaly reveal everything at blizzcon 2013.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

I'll go ahead and predict 'Titan' to have RTS, RPG, and FPS aspects all together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meysvindu View Post
    I'll go ahead and predict 'Titan' to have RTS, RPG, and FPS aspects all together.
    With puzzle-platformer, body-language reading, and driving/flight simulator.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    What we know about Blizzard's "Titan": It's code name... nothing else, get it in your tiny head.
    You don't even know it have dungeons, you're just assuming it's the new game when we reach level 100? what kind of bullshit it that?
    Needless /hateful.

I consider some form of LFG-tool to be core.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance