Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Not everyone feels like celebrating New Year, to me this was just another regular day aswell. Ganking lowbies is just entertaining for him, and its not worth to rant about it in a thread. Not that I do it myself, I can't remember the last time I went outside Pandaria since launch. Except for using the Org AH.

I like both the OP and the person he's complaining about. The ganker is creating an environment that's pissing people off, causing hate and discontent, leading to more pvp overall, and also forum posts like this that will eventually hopefully mean Blizzard enabling pvp in the sky or some such (I'd prefer dismount skills for all that would also dismount the attacker, with parachutes for all).

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I suppose we should all celebrate every day of the week as well, because you know, it's anti social not to.

No. New years eve and new years day are just 2 more days, the same as every other. I spent mine playing Dota 2 with friends, but i could have chose to carry on playing BF3 alone, or carry on with coding projects. It doesn't mark a new beginning. It doesn't mark the end of bad times. It's just a load of bullshit with a ridiculous amount of social stigma attached.

Christmas Day and my own birthday are just 2 more days. I don't ask for anything on those days. I don't ask for anything, end of. I pay my own way in the house, and i don't ask for gifts just because it's one of those days. I don't actively celebrate either of those days either. I might spend Christmas day afternoon with family, but i regularly spend time with the family in the evenings (not every day, but 2-3 times a week), so it's no different.

All it means to me is that things will get back to normal within a day or 2, and i don't have to see any more "Order before X for Christmas delivery" for a long time.

I suppose we should also celebrate Sundays and Mondays by setting off fireworks, and drinking excessive amounts because it's the end of a bad week and the start of a new one, right? I mean, it only comes around once a week so we should make the most of it!

It's not that i don't appreciate what it's meant to represent, i just don't stand by the whole idea of "You're meant to be with friends and family or getting drunk on new years". It's not like i can afford to go out drinking anyway, but why would i do so when i also don't want to?

I did take into note the literal sense of "Anti social" when writing that by the way.

Don't do that. Don't try to compare ganking of online virtual characters in WoW to mobbing real living people in your workplace. Unfair play in a game is one thing. It's not illegal. It's frowned upon, yes, but it's not illegal. Mobbing people is illegal. It's not just frowned upon, it's outright illegal. If you wanna go and do that, and prove me wrong, then i'll expect to see a photo of your cellmate with the next post. Also, let us know whether he's got the top bunk or not.

What the OP wrote wasn't a complaint? If you read the OP's post, and then read the post you quoted, and then read the thread title, i'm sure your brain will figure it out for you.
    this^

would it still be anti-social if you ganked with friends like i used to? :P

Killing blows against player characters X levels below you should do death-like durability damage to all your gear. Turn ganking into a gold sink, even on a PvP server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Killing blows against player characters X levels below you should do death-like durability damage to all your gear. Turn ganking into a gold sink, even on a PvP server.
    that would be good. you so much as hit someone who's like 5 levels lower then you and you have to pay for armor repair.

Only issue I see is it won't encourage world pvp as much such as attacking faction cities, all it would need be is a low level player come into the raid, turn pvp on and cause everyone attacking say Varian to all instantly get there armor red and unable to do it.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Pest View Post
    yet, here you are on a wow forum complaining about it. i feel worse for you, honestly.
    this, seriously xD

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    logging in to world of warcraft should instantly make your computer shut down - makes as much sense if not more

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 06:47 PM ----------

I suppose we should all celebrate every day of the week as well, because you know, it's anti social not to.

No. New years eve and new years day are just 2 more days, the same as every other. I spent mine playing Dota 2 with friends, but i could have chose to carry on playing BF3 alone, or carry on with coding projects. It doesn't mark a new beginning. It doesn't mark the end of bad times. It's just a load of bullshit with a ridiculous amount of social stigma attached.

Christmas Day and my own birthday are just 2 more days. I don't ask for anything on those days. I don't ask for anything, end of. I pay my own way in the house, and i don't ask for gifts just because it's one of those days. I don't actively celebrate either of those days either. I might spend Christmas day afternoon with family, but i regularly spend time with the family in the evenings (not every day, but 2-3 times a week), so it's no different.

All it means to me is that things will get back to normal within a day or 2, and i don't have to see any more "Order before X for Christmas delivery" for a long time.

I suppose we should also celebrate Sundays and Mondays by setting off fireworks, and drinking excessive amounts because it's the end of a bad week and the start of a new one, right? I mean, it only comes around once a week so we should make the most of it!

It's not that i don't appreciate what it's meant to represent, i just don't stand by the whole idea of "You're meant to be with friends and family or getting drunk on new years". It's not like i can afford to go out drinking anyway, but why would i do so when i also don't want to?

I did take into note the literal sense of "Anti social" when writing that by the way.

Don't do that. Don't try to compare ganking of online virtual characters in WoW to mobbing real living people in your workplace. Unfair play in a game is one thing. It's not illegal. It's frowned upon, yes, but it's not illegal. Mobbing people is illegal. It's not just frowned upon, it's outright illegal. If you wanna go and do that, and prove me wrong, then i'll expect to see a photo of your cellmate with the next post. Also, let us know whether he's got the top bunk or not.

What the OP wrote wasn't a complaint? If you read the OP's post, and then read the post you quoted, and then read the thread title, i'm sure your brain will figure it out for you.
    yeah yeah bullshit, you just didn't have where to go xD

10+ Year Old Account
    What the OP wrote wasn't a complaint?
    No it wasn't. It was nothing but a situation report, garnished with his personal judgement. Which was influenced by the special meaning of the day.
    If you read the OP's post, and then read the post you quoted, and then read the thread title, i'm sure your brain will figure it out for you.
    I have read it, and I re-read it actually twice, to look at it from more than one angle...
    It doesn't change. In fact, what I can clearly read between the lines in his post was that he wouldn't have any problem with the act on any other day.
    I am sorry my dear mod... But you are not representative now, when it comes to the evaluation, and the meaning of a day like Sylvester/New Years Eve... It is absolutely valid to give the day a special meaning, because that's what it actually has, and that for almost all of our countries populations.
    If that wasn't the case, then there wouldn't have been 1 million people on Time Square last night. Or a half million people in Berlin to party.. Not to mention all the other bigger and smaller party's all over the globe.
    I will accept someone believing in something like "Happiness on command" isn't their cup of tea. That I can totally understand. Yet it still doesn't change the significance of a day as for what it's received, and commonly seen. And even if I don't like to party, just because everyone else thinks it's party time now, does also not mean that I have to be a douche about it (like that ganker was) and ruin it for others. That's also anti-social.
    So it's not about ganking as such, it's about being an anti-social douche on such day.

Ganking lowbies is one thing, but isn't attacking players from areas from where neither their target nor enemy guard NPC's can reach them against even Blizzards lenient rules for pvp?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Because some people play Paintball to compete against other players and some people take the rifle and sneak next to the kid's section, stand behind a fence, prop the rifle on top and shoot them from above it so they can't shoot back.

Yeah, it's a game and they're having fun and they have the right to do so if the rules allow it, but we also have the right to call that person pathetic and pity them for being he kind of person who would do that.
    In all my years of playing paintball I've never seen anything like this. The paintball community near me is very sporting for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    No it wasn't. It was nothing but a situation report, garnished with his personal judgement. Which was influenced by the special meaning of the day.
    I have read it, and I re-read it actually twice, to look at it from more than one angle...
    It doesn't change. In fact, what I can clearly read between the lines in his post was that he wouldn't have any problem with the act on any other day.
    I am sorry my dear mod... But you are not representative now, when it comes to the evaluation, and the meaning of a day like Sylvester/New Years Eve... It is absolutely valid to give the day a special meaning, because that's what it actually has, and that for almost all of our countries populations.
    If that wasn't the case, then there wouldn't have been 1 million people on Time Square last night. Or a half million people in Berlin to party.. Not to mention all the other bigger and smaller party's all over the globe.
    I will accept someone believing in something like "Happiness on command" isn't their cup of tea. That I can totally understand. Yet it still doesn't change the significance of a day as for what it's received, and commonly seen. And even if I don't like to party, just because everyone else thinks it's party time now, does also not mean that I have to be a douche about it (like that ganker was) and ruin it for others. That's also anti-social.
    So it's not about ganking as such, it's about being an anti-social douche on such day.
    I don't know.. Op seemed kind of mad to me bro :/ I mean he was doing the exact same thing the other guy was doing, what makes OP better than the other guy?

OH RIGHT! He's being Anti-Social by ganking? HAHAHAHA that's the most idiotic and ignorant thing I have read in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    On the sadness scale there's no difference at all between levelling a warlock on new years eve and ganking on new years eve. Maybe his grandmother is in the hospital too and this is his way of coping? Did you ever think about that? Don't judge someone unless you've walked a mile in his shoes. You coming on here trying to besmirch this poor grieving paladins character is the saddest thing of all. For shame.
    You tried to justify a cowards actions,..no these are below cowardly actions. If he/she cannot at least come face to face w/ a lowbie while ganking them, that describes this person character in game as well as in life.
    You see, anonymity provides people the courage to show their true colors, and in this case, this persons cowardice. I am afraid that if you are a coward, a douchebag, and/or dickhead in game, you are most likely just that in real life but refrain from such actions due to being scared of the reactions from your peers. While not always the case, it holds true 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pest View Post
    You're the one who rolled on a pvp server bro. just relax and enjoy the game for what it's worth
    According to blues world pvp was supposed to bring back that vanilla feel of "danger around every corner" and "a little ganking leading to massive battles". Too bad the latter literally never happens. The devs should have realized the game is a lot different now before making these changes happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Yeah, complaining about it on the forums is even sadder.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

10+ Year Old Account
    it does not matter

as a lowbie i had fun fighting those who tried to gank me

i loved getting guards on my side

i also befriended the 2 hordes who attacked me for 30 levels. they were brothers in real life. they went on vacation for a week. i hit 70 first they stayed at 65

OWNED BOTH THERE ASSES! the second they came back. they also lived in my town shockingly enough we still meet up time to time

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the appeal in picking off low-level players. I guess it could be fun for about 10 minutes to see how much overkill you can score on someone, but after that, I can think of a dozen other things to do in-game that would deserve my attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    then again when i was still subscribed

the game to me was more about having fun then just mindlessly killing mobs and doing quests to get the next level.

i actually was happy for the occasional ganker. tricked 1 loon to go into the gurabashi arena with me..... had a guildie waiting

OWNED HIM

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my goodness! Someone is getting killed by another player on a PVP server?!
    If you don't like the culture of an open PVP server, just reroll or xfer to PVE.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    then again when i was still subscribed

the game to me was more about having fun then just mindlessly killing mobs and doing quests to get the next level.

i actually was happy for the occasional ganker. tricked 1 loon to go into the gurabashi arena with me..... had a guildie waiting

OWNED HIM
    Genn Greymane: the Super Saiyan Werewolf of Pwnedge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

It's new year and you're leveling a warlock, you don't have the right to call out what other people do on new years.

Hypocrisy overload.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    It's new year and you're leveling a warlock, you don't have the right to call out what other people do on new years.

Hypocrisy overload.
    Happy New Year errybody.

Let the hating continue. :x
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.