Poll: What's your toilet seat etiquette?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm a man, and choose option B and here is why.
    I have no problem putting the seat up to use it, but I use my foot to do so, so my hands don't touch the toilet.
    It's not so easy to put the seat back down with your foot once the piss is completed without it slamming down.

Call me a "Germaphobe" but I just don't like em. Luckily this has never been an issue with my girlfriend or I. Frankly I can't even recall ever having a conversaion about this topic with her before.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Close the lid always unless you live alone. No need to make others cringe just because you're a pig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsfunctional View Post
    I'm a man, and choose option B and here is why.
    I have no problem putting the seat up to use it, but I use my foot to do so, so my hands don't touch the toilet.
    It's not so easy to put the seat back down with your foot once the piss is completed without it slamming down.

Call me a "Germaphobe" but I just don't like em. Luckily this has never been an issue with my girlfriend or I. Frankly I can't even recall ever having a conversaion about this topic with her before.
    Do you not wash your hands with soap and water when you're done anyway?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

There are people who don't close the lid before flushing!?

Ewwwww. Well, I guess that's why I keep my toothbrush in my bedroom >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post

I keep mine inside a drawer. Not sure why people feel the need to have it out in the open air.

Deleted

Where can I aquire such powerful toilets?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I keep mine inside a drawer. Not sure why people feel the need to have it out in the open air.
    Mine be lying next to my speakers at the computer screen. :<

Ventilation? Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    Where can I aquire such powerful toilets?
    It doesn't have to be that powerful...

I only stand to piss when im in a public bathroom, when im at home or at another private residence using a coed washroom I just sit down, #1 or #2. Makes things real simple and easy for everyone, and I don't have to worry about getting piss splashes all over a friends washroom. Never understood the whole manly thing about having to stand up to take a piss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ventilation? Or something.
    Pretty sure a toothbrush doesn't require ventilation. Also, keeping it in a drawer means you don't end up with dust particles and such falling on it, which, by the way, are probably just as likely to contaminate it as toilet explosion urine.

Deleted
    It's even more disgusting when it's near other toothbrushes, it feels like they're going to have a sword fight, and that's a big no no.

Seriously what kind of problem is that? I seriously wouldn't care a lot about this and can't understand why people could get mad about it. I'm a man, I go to the toilet to do my stuff, what I see? Seat down? What's the problem I just raise it and leave it like that. I want to take a crap but it's up? Then I lower it.

What's the problem?

Do you not wash your hands with soap and water when you're done anyway?
    Wash em every time - its just something I've been doing since I was a little child, a habit of mine if you will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    It's even more disgusting when it's near other toothbrushes, it feels like they're going to have a sword fight, and that's a big no no.
    I think I've never been quite as sensitive to the concept of "disgusting" as most people. I'm totally fine with taking a dirty dish, washing it by hand, and putting it back in the cabinet. To a lot of people, unless it goes through the dishwasher, it's not clean and it's disgusting to eat off it! I also generally brush my teeth in the morning, but not at night before I go to bed. I'm aware of the dental benefits of brushing before bed, but I have excellent teeth and have only ever had one cavity in my life, so I choose not to worry about it. I've been called "disgusting" as a result of that though. I guess everyone has their threshold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just go to the bathroom.... If I'm going #1 and the lid is down, I lift it up and take a piss then move on. Anyone who bitches over the lid of a toilet seat has problems. It's not like lifting that toilet seat has added all that much time to my routine. Some people spend more time bitching than it would take to just lift the seat up or down.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Pretty sure a toothbrush doesn't require ventilation.
    I generally think that but apparently lots of people disagree.

Also, keeping it in a drawer means you don't end up with dust particles and such falling on it, which, by the way, are probably just as likely to contaminate it as toilet explosion urine.
    I keep mine in the bag that my Seasonic PSU came wrapped in (within the actual packaging, not some random plastic bag)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you need to move the seat, you move it. If not, then go right ahead and do your business.

Deleted
    I think I've never been quite as sensitive to the concept of "disgusting" as most people. I'm totally fine with taking a dirty dish, washing it by hand, and putting it back in the cabinet. To a lot of people, unless it goes through the dishwasher, it's not clean and it's disgusting to eat off it! I also generally brush my teeth in the morning, but not at night before I go to bed.
    I find it disgusting to have my toothbrush near other toothbrushes, because the other was in someone else's mouth, even though it makes it clean, it doesn't mean it is literally clean, you know?

I mean, in this case I find it very disgusting for me but I don't mind washing a dirty dish with my hands, done that plenty of times, nor touching a toothbrush might I add, I'm just very "weird" when it comes to hygiene lol. It's hard to explain.

And oh, I thought this thread was about toothbrushes, rofl! Sorry for Off topic. xd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I find it disgusting to have my toothbrush near other toothbrushes, because the other was in someone else's mouth, even though it makes it clean, it doesn't mean it is literally clean, you know?

I mean, in this case I find it very disgusting for me but I don't mind washing a dirty dish with my hands, done that plenty of times, nor touching a toothbrush might I add, I'm just very "weird" when it comes to hygiene lol. It's hard to explain.

And oh, I thought this thread was about toothbrushes, rofl! Sorry for Off topic. xd
    I know, a lot of people are like that. I just get a bit annoyed when people who get weird about stuff like that but not about all the other germs infesting our world call me disgusting because of a personal habit I think is perfectly within reasonable limits for hygiene.

10+ Year Old Account
    The toilet seat is actually comparably one of the better bacteria-free zones in your house.

So before you start crying your sorry eyes out about toilet seats, please take note of the fact that the very keyboard you are typing your nonsense with is far more infested with microorganisms than your toilet seat will ever be.

In fact, you would probably be safer drinking the freshly excreted piss of a well hydrated human being than you would be eating a pack of cheese-its while browsing the internet. Get a grip.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 08:22 PM ----------

I know, a lot of people are like that. I just get a bit annoyed when people who get weird about stuff like that but not about all the other germs infesting our world call me disgusting because of a personal habit I think is perfectly within reasonable limits for hygiene.
    What these morons don't realise is that exposure to germs is a good thing. Lifeforms are supposed to exist in harmony and have been designed by nature to exist in this way. Coming into contact with germs is a natural thing, and it strengthens the immune system too. Obviously I don't suggest that you go around biting AIDS sufferers, but this pathetic phobia of germs that irrational people possess is irritating at best and counter-productive at worst.
    "The truth, my goal."