Poll: Pick

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yes.
    And since it's stupid to play (or even pay monthly for) a game that makes me alt+tab out of boredom i quit, again.

No.

And if you do, you are scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I pull my weight.
    But I will admit... I dualscreen, so if I do have youtube on on my second screen, well.. I'll still be playing and doing my part. But between trash I might chuckle at the Yogscast's shenanigans.

Oh Honeydew you hilarious mothertrucker.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2013-01-03 at 02:22 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

While healing in LFR Dragon Soul I often did quick alt-tabs to start a new YouTube video to listen to in the background etc... never more than a few seconds AFK, but yeah... LFR is so boring...
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    I afked quite a bit in DS LFR was quite funny on my hunter set the pet on the target set auto attack away come back and half the fights you still got in the top 10 for DPS.

These days, I usually go afk after the last boss has been pulled, just because it's too much of a bother to go afk then come back before it's noticed at some other point. After going through a dozen runs with people afk solidly from start to finish, I kind of have stopped caring.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Never, and I wish people who do to receive a very heavy punishment. I find it preposterous people want to ''play'' a game by logging in, sitting in a queue, accepting and then doing something else. I hate the LFR with a passion myself, but instead of going afk I do my very best to clear it as quickly as possible.

Emergencies happen, but going afk just because you don't feel like contributing and still feel entitled to free loot is ridiculous.
    Good Man!

I cannot, with sane mind, see it as acceptable to not do what is necessary of me or what I COULD do.
    I don't like it when other people afk in the raid so why should I. The expression "If you can't beat them, join them" springs to mind and I find that phrase disgusting. Many people don't seem to have any strength of character and just want the easy ride without putting in the effort themselves and it doesn't help anything.

And yet I have still to win many pieces of gear from LFR while I watch slackers and idiots get blessed by RNG. Play the game properly or get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    You're misreading the pool results and putting your own speculations as a result.
    The poll asks "have you ever AFKd", not "Do you AFK constantly, regularly, etc".
    That means that a lot of people here just AFKd at least once. It's the same as a question "have you ever cheated on an exam" - and I suppose vast majority would say yes - everyone cheated at some point in their lives. Does that mean they are cheaters who do this all the time and cannot say that cheating is actually bad? No.
    Fair enough, but then look at the replies. There's a lot of people saying 'all the time' or similar.

Sure, tiny sample, but it's an interesting thing to think about. It also doesn't make my point any less valid: stop afking or just stop doing something you don't enjoy.

Deleted
    Due to my awful laptop, I can't even do LFR let alone raid properly, but when I finally get an actual PC to play WoW on I don't think I'll ever AFK in LFR - wouldn't feel fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporky0 View Post
    Good Man!

I cannot, with sane mind, see it as acceptable to not do what is necessary of me or what I COULD do.
    I don't like it when other people afk in the raid so why should I. The expression "If you can't beat them, join them" springs to mind and I find that phrase disgusting. Many people don't seem to have any strength of character and just want the easy ride without putting in the effort themselves and it doesn't help anything.

And yet I have still to win many pieces of gear from LFR while I watch slackers and idiots get blessed by RNG. Play the game properly or get the fuck out.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you > If you cant beat them join them.

The golden rule is all you need and beats that lame, defeatist saying by roughly 3000 years.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Yes I afk, autofollow some guy and it is done, /cheers.

Usually i go read MMO-champion or go to skype and talk to my GF or just go youtube, unless i want to clear it has fast has possible because I have friends waiting to do something.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is why lfr was a bad idea from the start, too many people just go afk. Its like botting bgs. You obviously aren't having fun if feel the need to afk through anything in this game, then why play at all. The chance for getting lfr loot is so low anyways, why waste other people's time that do not go afk in lfr.

Every week on elegon I see 4 or more people take a dive when the floor first disappears just so they can afk. If I'm lucky, we still end up killing the boss, but about 80% of the time we wipe because TOO many people fall...
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Deleted
    I tend to AFK on the trash. Will work on bosses. Except Will of the Emperor. I hate that fight even in proper raids!

No, not once until now.

I don't understand the people who do.. I mean if you have something else to do, why do lfr at all?

Deleted
    Dual monitors, so no

Deleted
    80% of my LFR were afk runs. When i was on warrior i only lolstormed and alt tab until cd :\ or i would die on purpose =).

Oh my! Look at those answers. Then I ask myself why WoW community is falling apart. Good I'm leaving this ship once for all.

Btw, I never go afk, it is part of the game to do stuff to get something. If you don't like it just quit, stop leeching other's people's effort, parasites.

Depends how we're classifying AFK. I will go AFK on trash sometimes to go to the bathroom or get a drink but I've never AFKed on a boss. I will occasionally when the people in LFR piss me off choose not to heal them but that's it. If I die to something because I'm performing well and the tanks suck then I'll AFK until it's over unless I get rezzed. And I don't fail to simple mechanics either like most people, I actually work to avoid taking damage.

I try to avoid having to afk during anything I've voluntarily queued for.

But, occasionally the tanks keep up such a speed that I have to take a quick afk for toilet or drinks or whatever. I try to only afk during trash, and so far I've been successfully back in time for bosses. Couldn't really afk during most of the boss fights yet as a healer - I've only stumbled upon one group that would have been successful with one less healer anyway - not that I would in any case. Much more fun actually playing the game than just watching others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've stepped away for the computer for a second or 2 (ie Dog needs in/out or my wife needs a hand) but I try in LFR because even if it's a joke to some people I can't stand not pulling my weight.