Deleted

How bad is my PC and is an upgrade worthwhile

Not sure if an upgrade is justified quite yet. Currently playing Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3 and Crysis 2.

AMD Phenom Dual Core 3.3ghz
    ATi 6770 1024mb OC'd
    4GB Ram
    Windows 7
    19.5" Monitor - run games at 1280*720 currently although thinking of 21.5" if upgrading.

Not sure component wise what's out soon and if to hold out for anything? Was looking at OC'd Intel i5's, 8GB, 660Ti 2048mb & 21.5" monitor?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not experiencing much issues with the games you suggested then you're not necessarily in need of an upgrade.

As far as up and coming components, Intel has their Haswell 4th generation processors coming out sometime this year, however I think they're only directed towards mobile devices such as laptops & tablets.

The 6770 is probably a little weak, my 5770 is still holding true for D3 & WoW but I'd like to get my hands on something more powerful. I think your processor is what's currently bottlenecking your build imo.

If you are going to upgrade you're looking in the right place @ Intels i5's, the 3570k is highly recommended and preferred for most builds. 660 ti is also a good choice if Crysis 2 / D3 / GW2 are the only games you're playing, could even get a better card for better longevity.

What's your budget for a new build monitor included assuming you have the means to do a full system upgrade?
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Deleted
    Undecided on budget but I guess £850.00 inc operating system max. Only things I would keep from my current spec is speakers, keyboard and mouse though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarah View Post
    Not sure if an upgrade is justified quite yet. Currently playing Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3 and Crysis 2.

AMD Phenom Dual Core 3.3ghz
    ATi 6770 1024mb OC'd
    4GB Ram
    Windows 7
    19.5" Monitor - run games at 1280*720 currently although thinking of 21.5" if upgrading.

Not sure component wise what's out soon and if to hold out for anything? Was looking at OC'd Intel i5's, 8GB, 660Ti 2048mb & 21.5" monitor?
    Screen size has nothing to do w/ graphical performance only the resolution and refresh rate.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Screen size has nothing to do w/ graphical performance only the resolution and refresh rate.
    This.

I would wait to be honest and see what Intel is coming out with this year before I get a new CPU if your doing decent in games atm. Also new GPU's are going to be coming out and prices are going down on the current gen every month it seems esp on the red team.

Deleted
    What I meant by the screen size is that I'm happy with 1280*720 on 19.5". I do however want a bigger monitor and that resolution will need to be upped on a 21.5" screen. Not sure how much that will effect performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    A higher resolution typically demands more performance out of your GPU, however 1920*1080 is pretty standard, and won't slow down a 2GB 660ti. (Standard 1080 HD)

While others like juicing out their builds on 1200p & 1440p resolutions
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."