Poll: How would you react if you saw a spirit or apparition?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

how would you be in the presence of a ghost?

To start off this isn't a thread to discuss if you do or don't believe in ghosts, spirits or apparitions, this is for anyone who may have experienced something, or who in general believes there are such things as ghosts and spirits.

When I was around the age of 8, and staying in a rented house on holiday with my family, I remember one night getting up needing something to drink. Where the house was shaped there was a long corridor just running off from the kitchen door, and to get to the kitchen meant walking past it. As I did and looked down the corridor, I saw something stood there, like a person but they were translucent. I didn't stop but moved into the kitchen, got the drink, came back, and whatever was there was gone.

Since then I believed there are things not quite of this world, although a fact that so many people want to exaggerate such things existing so they can make money from it is very much a matter of fact to, so well I believe there are spirits and apparitions, its not quite as vastly drawn out as so many would have you believe.

I'll add a poll to this thread, if you were for whatever reason, staying somewhere or coming to a place where to saw something supernatural, how do you think you would react to it? Watch it? Run from it? run from the house/place you saw it? confront it?
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I'd be surprised.

Deleted
    Get ready for:

ILLUSSIONS HALLUCINATIONS
    SCIENCE DIDN'T PROVE IT

Brace yourself OP.

Deleted
    I would be terrified!

If it wasn't moving my shit. i'd be fine.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Pretty sure I'd set the land speed record on the way out the door and still manage to soil myself and everything else on the way out.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    scared...and i was about to go downstairs to get a drink and some food :9 Guess I'll wait till morning

Deleted
    I'd watch it closely and try and communicate with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I just finished the first season of American Horror Story on Netflix, I'd be scared shitless.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

First I would freak out, then if it didn't attacked me in any way I would probably calm a little and try and talk with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would probably split, to be honest.

Honestly depends on what it looks like. If it's Casper-esque, I'll be very intrigued and probably laugh. Misty former self? A little scared, dpends on what they were doing. Misty former self prior with horrific accident wounds that lead to death? Aka a bloody ghost from a hammer to the head, i'd freak the hell out. I don't scream, I'm not the type, but I would freeze in shock.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd calmly accept it, because I would be expecting to wake up from the dream at any time.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

A Ghost is merely an individual's consciousness. It is defined as the thing that differentiates a human being from a biological robot. Regardless of how much biological material is replaced with electronic or mechanical substitutes, as long as individuals retain their ghost, they retain their humanity and individuality.

Oh you mean a ghost ghost. Surprised I guess, I mean it's just a ghost. Not like it's a creepy as all fuck will kill you dead, Weeping Angel or anything.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Completely depends on my mood and location, it also depends if the ghost just pops up or phases in, and if it looks deformed and freaky versus relatively normal.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Deleted
    I'd run. Although I believe the ghost/being wouldn't wan't to scare me. Heard they will only show up when you're ready for it. I'm not - I'd get a shock to actually see something. Call me crazy or anything I don't care - but I just often "feel" something which sometimes scares me a lot.
    Last edited by mmoc101213c0c0; 2013-01-04 at 12:06 AM. Reason: changed a word

Deleted
    Even though I don't believe in ghosts and spirits, I would probably still pap myself if I saw some kind of vivid apparition. Though, after running away, screaming like a little girl, I would still likely blame what I saw on delusion brought on by fatigue, fever or an over-active imagination.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd flippin' run, despite being a skeptic atheist. Heck, I Alt+F4 when I'm surprised by ghosts in horror games. I can't stand them. They do all kinds of shit. I never progressed past half an hour of Amnesia because a piano was playing itself.

Edit: Thinking it over I might break down into a defenseless crying wimp as well. I actually can't even talk too much about ghosts, spirits, etc. because I involuntarily tear up if I do. A lot.
    Last edited by snaek; 2013-01-04 at 12:15 AM.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

the first.... minute of this.

"Bitch! There is a ghost. In the house. Deuces."
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you run?

I mean... it's like if you find aliens one day walking your dog in the forest.... would you run and lose them for ever? You'd be retarded (sorry but c'mon). The least you could do is hide and look. So the same with this case, if you see a ghost you freaking stay and try to contact him! Might be a unique chance :P

Another story is if the ghosts has some obvious bad intentions