Poll: Do you support groups like Anonymous?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i dont consider annonymous a group, its just random trolls without an identity over the internet. some good may come from them which i think is cool but i dont like them as a whole

I don't mind what they do. Not at all.
    This whole story really disgusts me, how a small community can be desperately supportive of their football team. Enough to take serious actions into sweeping this under the rug: coaches, principals, parents etc.
    In fact, had I been in a position to help them, I like to think I would, but I really don't have any technological skills to do that.

If they were soccer players they would be thrown in jail, no one cares about that sport. Real football though makes you a senator in the eyes of us law. Ray lewis stabs a guy who dies and we are tearing up over his retirement, lmao
    Last edited by chadwix; 2013-01-04 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    You have an interesting and funny way of wording your polls.
    Can you get anymore straight forward than "Do you support groups like anonymous? Yes/No/Undecided. Man, what are you thinking?

But at the poll, of course. Anonymous brings about justice that nobody else really can. Yes, they are a little scary at times with how easily they can get to things, but in cases like this that would have been covered up, it's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Can you get anymore straight forward than "Do you support groups like anonymous? Yes/No/Undecided. Man, where's your head at?
    Interesting enough.

One time. In one of my other threads. I made the choices less generic. I added ..no are you insane to be amusing. People claimed I was being biased...In an effort to removal ..biases I try be straight forward as possible.

I am aware this story was published maybe a week ago. But this new information including this video. Shocking pictures and very very detailed information you will find no where else recently leaked as early as Jan 2. I'm off to bed for the night. This attack made me sick to my stomach that

A: People can actually try to get their ex drugged and made have sex with people and nothing be done.

B: The group known as anonymous. They were the hackers that protected Wiki Leaks hacking other sites that attacked them. They done some questionable stuff in the past but they have a way of doing what corrupt officers and lawyers couldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    If they were soccer players they would be thrown in jail, no one cares about that sport. Real football though makes you a senator in the eyes of us law. Ray lewis stabs a guy who dies and we are tearing up over his retirement, lmao
    Man, I totally forgot about Ray Lewis stabbing a guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 19 years old and this sickens me to no end... I literally feel sick to my stomach after reading about the incident, and after seeing this video. Honestly any argument saying they shouldn't be tried as adults, is just complete BS. I (along with most others) was capable of understanding how wrong and insidious this crime is by the time I was 14... In fact my 14 year old brother is equally disgusted by this crime. For these monsters to get treated any easier than an adult would, just because of their age, is complete insanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Interesting enough.

One time. In one of my other threads. I made the choices less generic. I added ..no are you insane to be amusing. People claimed I was being biased...In an effort to removal ..biases I try be straight forward as possible.

I am aware this story was published maybe a week ago. But this new information including this video. Shocking pictures and very very detailed information you will find no where else recently leaked as early as Jan 2. I'm off to bed for the night. This attack made me sick to my stomach that

A: People can actually try to get their ex drugged and made have sex with people and nothing be done.

B: The group known as anonymous. They were the hackers that protected Wiki Leaks hacking other sites that attacked them. They done some questionable stuff in the past but they have a way of doing what corrupt officers and lawyers couldn't do.

All that changed was difference between making biased options to biased questions. If I make a poll that shows the one good thing republicans did "finally budging to raise taxes on the wealthy" and then make a poll asking "Do you support the Republicans", it's clearly twisted to confuse the audience and be biased. Anyone can see this, and you don't need to have a degree in stats to know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Anonymous declared war on the Westboro Baptist Church. That's all the reason for me to support them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I thought Anonymous wasn't really a "collective group" and was just anyone who wanted to join the cause or some shit like that.
    They only do that when they need drones for a DDOS attack, otherwise they keep to themselves in a I presume small group.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Nah brah us football players get away with a lot in high school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Nah brah us football players get away with a lot in high school.
    Maybe today?

I went to a state championship high school where they would bench star players off the teams for cutting up in class at the drop of a dime.

Apparently this guy isn't one of the alleged rapist but his is still a dick and obviously knows something, makes him even worse. Even if he was completely making everything up, his jokes are disgusting. Most of the other guys in the video didn't know anything about it and you can hear some of them going against the guy in the video.

The town is pretty sick. There is decent evidence that this isn't a rare occurrence in the town. There is no denying that rape took place and who did it, the sick thing is that people are actually trying to defend the rapist. Its unnerving just thinking about what kind of person you would have to be to defend what took place.

Deleted
    These guys should be send to India, I remember a certain almost similar event took place there and it triggered massive protests

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with some of their principles but not their methods. They remind me of these protestors who purposely block traffic and inconvenience everybody else in the city just because they want to make their statement. It's pretty selfish, really.

I don't believe that they really genuinely care for the victims of the things that they protest either, I think they are just looking for a reason to do the malicious things they would otherwise be doing, only with some kind of self-righteous halo around it because they're "activists" all of a sudden, so it's all ok now...There's a story about a kid in California who was cyber-bullied for so long and so bad by anonymous that he committed suicide.

I'll bet if you go to 4chan or ebaumsworld or any of the sites where anonymous actually is, you'll probably find THEM hanging around laughing about rape too.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 08:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    It's the same thing in Chile. A popular soccer player (Johnny Herrera) killed a young girl while driving drunk and got only probation. That was a couple years ago. Then just a few months ago, he was arrested AGAIN for drunk driving and again released with no punishment, even though he was driving with a fake license.

But let's not pretend that EVERY society hasn't done this same thing and put certain people above the law:

Bill Clinton committed federal perjury and war crimes got a pass.
    George Bush and Barack Obama have both committed war crimes and gotten a pass.
    Ted Kennedy killed a woman in his car and got a pass.
    Vince Neil from Motley Crue killed someone and caused somebody else to get paralyzed and got a pass.
    OJ Simpson obviously got a pass.

People will always make excuses for people that they like and/or want to protect. I'm not saying it's right, and in this case I do applaud anonymous for outing it, but people do it, and I'm sure that anonymous would do it for people that they approve of, whereas obviously they won't do it for high school jocks, they did for Julian Assange when their hero was accused of rape. Who's to say they're not covering up for him with all the information they have stored in their possession?
    Last edited by RicardoZ; 2013-01-04 at 10:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I'll bet if you go to 4chan or ebaumsworld or any of the sites where anonymous actually is, you'll probably find THEM hanging around laughing about rape too.
    Anonymous isn't actually on 4chan, they have sites of themselves, Anonymous did arose from sites like 4chan.
    Who would have tough RL vigilantes wouldn't be some superdudes with awesome 6pacs and social issues(à la batman), but are instead a bunch of people (a whole bunch of people with a small core) with computers.

Also anyone can be Anonymous, thats why they are called that way. So yeah judging by the massive percentage of idiots and douches humankind contains ...

Altough I do support them. They are like the Al-Quaida of reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I'm 19 years old and this sickens me to no end... I literally feel sick to my stomach after reading about the incident, and after seeing this video. Honestly any argument saying they shouldn't be tried as adults, is just complete BS. I (along with most others) was capable of understanding how wrong and insidious this crime is by the time I was 14... In fact my 14 year old brother is equally disgusted by this crime. For these monsters to get treated any easier than an adult would, just because of their age, is complete insanity.
    So should a 14 year old be trialed as an adult as well, since they can understand how wrong it is? You don't see any difference between a 14 year old and an adult committing the same crime?

I support this kind of action, but not them as a whole. If they were just into this then i would have no problem supporting them, but a lot of what they do isnt that well thought out on who it will affect. Remember the psn attack that did nothing but waste the publics time? They think about how its going to affect their issues not everyone.

Deleted
    Well done. Would be great to see people do more stuff like this when you hear about the name Anonymous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    waste the publics time?
    Considering most of the media out there is already a waste of time, I fail to see why this has to speak against them.

Deleted
    I think its dangerous ground to do this. One day someone innocent could be named and shamed, intentionally or unintentionally, with bad consequences. The guy in the video is obviously guilty, but naming others based on conspiracy ideas without hard evidence is wrong.