Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

so apparently level 80s are soloing Firelands nowadays

I was browsing some twink videos when i stumbled across this video.

How on earth is that even possible? And how come that he crits over for over 4 million?
    Is this some kind of exploit?

Could somebody enlighten me?

Deleted
    Don't know the details but it got something to do with crazy mastery giving you crazier vengeance.

Deleted
    MoP blues and insane scaling at 80. You become avoidance capped : you don't get hit. Prot Paladins with Mastery, with those stats, are the best of the best, even better than DKs.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they get gear from the next xpac up and they stats scale to their level making them hit like trucks

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's using MoP twink gear that an 80 can wear, which gives retarded amounts of ratings, and I've heard there is some kind of Mastery bug for Paladins (???) that when combined with that retarded ratings they get with the gear, yeah, they are basically unhittable by bosses.

Blizz really didn't think some things through with the insanely high iLvL's they put on some of the lower level BoE gear.

get all mop "twink" 80 gear, get high mastery gear in all other slots, reforge max mastery, pally shield slam reduces incoming damage by 100%+, manage to hit it just as you take a melee swing for superhigh vengeance bugs, win. lvl 80 pallies are soloing heroic lich king with this, having upwards of 4million vengeance when it bugs properly.

there's a long dedicated thread on ownedcore, with armory links, videos, explanations.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the Paladin's case, he stacked mastery. Pandaria has level 80 gear in item levels higher than Dragon Soul. So, his mastery is insanely high, and that for some reason procs a weird glitch with Vengeance going insanely high with mastery values only at level 80. Aelobin is the DK 80 twink, this guy is the paladin 80 twink.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

Lol... did I see him crit for 5m? Insane and very clever use of game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    Lol... did I see him crit for 5m? Insane and very clever use of game mechanics.

maybe "clever" by the first person who figured out what triggered it, but at this point literally anyone who can be bothered to get an 80 paladin with twink gear and LW/alchemy can easily do this

Is everyone forgetting that FL was a lvl 85 raid? You shouldn't be able to zone in if you are less than 85. I would wager a private server?

Deleted
    Ah yes the level 80 soloing firelands video. Very clever use of mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledonn View Post
    Is everyone forgetting that FL was a lvl 85 raid? You shouldn't be able to zone in if you are less than 85. I would wager a private server?
    Rofl .
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Deleted
    MoP BoEs have insane stats and usable for level 80s, and twinks are running around with 90%+ parry (the guy soloing Sartharion 25 3D at level 80), and this guy stacked mastery, honestly looks quite fun, but I already have one paladin

Go home dude you're drunk.

I thought they had capped Vengeance to prevent this kinda exploit?

In 5.1 they changed it so level 80's can zone in to 85 raids. I would wager you're wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    I thought they had capped Vengeance to prevent this kinda exploit?
    It's not an exploit, it's a clever use of game mechanics.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Well obviously he is getting insane vengeance, becase he's taking shit ton of damage its just not hitting him (your vengeance still go up if u parry,block or if the enemy miss)

It's obviously not an exploit. They deliberately uncapped vengeance in 5.0, they allowed lower levels to zone into Cataclysm raids, and they set the minimum level on those MoP blues to 80. The combination of those changes made this possible. There are no bugs being exploited.

It's obviously unexpected, and I expect they'll fix it, probably by capping avoidance at 95%. But the person doing it shouldn't be banned.

And no, this cannot happen at 90, because the gear to cap avoidance doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    You don't know what you are talking about.
    No its clearly you who dose not know what there talking about.

Blizzard made the Gear Req Blizzard made how vengeance is. So to say a player exploited is stupid if your DK was level 80 you would be doing the samething they did to try to get world first solo kills. But because your DK is level 90 you disagree with this and your mad that other players where knocking out a few kills before you.

It is not a exploit due to the simple fact its not a bug its just a pore choice blizzard made. The gear is not bugged to say level 80 it was set that way by blizzard.

In order for blizzard to fix this they would have to do a roll back and change the req level on gear. This is something they won't due just because of the amount of people in said gear and how much time has passed since.

So to keep from pissing off a lot of players blizzard is doing barely anything at all.

I normally like watching ur solo's and all but you saying other players are exploiting just clearly shows how mad you are that they got a couple kills before you and you just want to discredit them.

if this was a exploit then a few of your fireland solo's are as well for using the glider in a raid when it was clearly not intented to be used that way.....works both ways don't it.

As for level 80 players going into a level 85 raid this its self is not a exploit ether just a miss hap on blizzards part for removing the group req to inter raids. To ban a player on something that is blizzards fault is down right stupid.

All blizzard needs to do to fix this is put a level Req on the raids.

Edit: If this is a exploit then addons are a exploit due to them telling you what is going to happen 4mins from now.
    Last edited by dota2please; 2013-01-04 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    You too do not know what you are talking about. Avoidance is not the issue.
    Nice comeback you prove my point ty.