Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Basically, my point is that we have little to no choices as it is. Water Elemental glyph will be essentially a wasted slot next patch since you can just park him wherever, so that leaves IV, IL, and Evo for raiding.

We also have little to no "fun" minors. Momentum is amazing, and that's it. I like Illusion, but the 2m duration for a hefty 30m cooldown is just bullcrap. The others are just stupid, though Loose Mana is a nice one for Arcane (the only specc that uses those useless gems).

It's also not just Frost; all 3 speccs of Mage have little to no good "choice". Fire is pretty mandatory with Combustion glyph, and Fire Blast is good if you're using LB for cleave fights. Besides that, I'd use Evocation because, well, 40% heals are nothing to scoff at for raiding, and I'd replace Fire Blast with Armors for non-cleave fights with AoE physical damage (e.g., Vizier, Blade Lord, etc) because it buffs Molten Armor from 6% Phys reduc to 16%; a nice boost to your defenses and your healers' Mana.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    On the actual minor glyph, we have:
    • Loose Mana: interesting glyph if Mana gem is used (actually only by Arca)
    • Momentum: cool glyph for personal choice (I don't like personally)
    • Crittermorph: good minor glyph that have no other purpose than amusement
    • Conjure familiar: why is this so much complicated? Why don't we have 3 pet that only mage can summon
    • Monkey/penguin/Bear Cub: Can I have a glyph to poly on delicious gnome with apple (I'm Horde).
    • Arcane Language: RP glyph, interesting. I don't RP but some does.
    • Illusion: too long
    • Mirror Image: make it baseline
    • Rapid teleportation: fun and some time useful

What can be done:
    • remove all poly glyph and make them baseline, buyable, ...
    • add a random poly
    • make MI baseline
    • change Illusion for a better uptime (> at 6.6%)
    • add WA minor to change his apparence
    • see all proposed minor glyph on all mage forum (too long to list)

For Major glyph as Frost:
    • Ice Lance: make the cleave baseline and change the glyph to modify the number of target (1@40 Vs 2@20%). Choice but not mandatory.
    • Water Elemental: baseline (see minor glyph proposition)
    • Icy Veins: make a mix between the two IV versions and change the glyph to tweak it duration/dmg/CD, like AP and Combustion.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    Let's be honest, the Water Elemental should behave as he does under the glyph by default. He doesn't do that much to begin with, so having to manage him otherwise is just needless overhead on top of needless overhead that the devs have been piling on us. It leaves me with having to chose WE over Evocation glyph, as I take IV and Icelance, and that kind of needles me.

On the PTR, the WE freeze will not proc FoF on the raid dummies, works the same on regular targets. I'm going with the general consensus that if it stays that way, we will have the new WE spell to make up for it in the raid. Just like I am not 100% sure that inferno blast not spreading Living Bomb is necessarily intended, but maybe disabled until they finish sorting how the new glyph will work.

Patience gentlemen and ladies. Let's act more like the masters of the forces under our command and less like... I dunno, Discworld Mages from the Unseen quibbling over a bit of Dibbler's sausage.
    The living Bomb change is almost certainly intended. They removed the glyph's interaction with all bombs and changed the name from Glyph of Fire Blast to Glyph of Inferno Blast since it only spreads fire dot damage.