Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Yes - because they are thinking of disabling the system.
    Again no. Just like they don't tune normals for heroic gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole idea that it might be removed is based on the premise that its intended function is to allow players to catch up through bringing the ilevel closer the next sub-tier. What if it was simply meant as a valor/justice point dump to keep players gathering them for longer?
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should remove Ilvl.

Tell me a single good thing about it. There's none, just as there's nothing terribly wrong with it. Why add such thing? In TBC raids were at their best, every player was able to do raids at their own level and it was fine, because if the top guilds were in SSC you would still be farming Kara, Gruul, Mag and some TK tier bosses with SSC Lurker! Those guilds at lower level were still gathering important gear that would carry them to the Black Temple! Many BIS items were n lower raids...

With ilvl coming into play the best gear was always on the last raid, which means not all players can do it anymore and that's why they add 25 normal/25HM 10/10HM and LFR.... it's plain ridiculous... remove ilvl > remove so many ways of doing the same darn fight and remove so many ways to upgrade the equipment... make professions a bit harder so they are actually fun... I've never seen so many people without professions like now, and just because they are right, profs are USELESS since you can get all off the ah...

The game was better without ilvl, so many raid options and professions actually being useful not only to make money.... WoW has become way too capitalist.

Deleted
    A special snowflake in distress for 1% of the player base

Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post
    I do not normally log in to reply to comments, but when I do it is because someone is blasting what they want to see and not what is actually going on.

First- It is to prevent content from being nerfed. Not so people can catch up. Gear naturally makes pass raids easier and that is what their idea was about. If you have the ILVL to do the next tiers LFR then you are more than capable of doing the normal modes. If that gear doesn't suffice to dropping a boss, then blizzard ALSO said that it could just be the skill lvl of your GROUP. Gear can't fix everything.

Second- Ilvl upgrades does not matter for normal modes. It is for HEROIC modes and for people to progress through there without taking the actual difficulty of boss fights down so players can still enjoy a decent challenge with a MINOR ilvl increase. Normal modes can be cleared with LFR loot, and heroic blues.

I really don't gear where you got 'catch up' with raid nerfs. Nerfing content was intended so everyone can experience the end.... LFR loot helps most Normal mode guilds do just that. Where as most heroic modes need that little ilvl buff to help. And the actual hardcore player base do not want to see the content nerfed directly, but buffing the players slightly is actually more thought out than pass expansions where they just blanket nerf the content and take away the special snowflake feeling.
    The ilvl upgrade for heroic players should come with the extra gear they get dropping every week. If thats not enough for them then they shouldn't be doing heroic content in the first place.

Deleted
    There will be balance problems in 5.2 because of item upgrades, period.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Change your title. It's not 'what GC really meant', but what YOU THINK he really meant. Worlds of difference.
    Indeed, and would be met with massive uproar

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    The whole idea that it might be removed is based on the premise that its intended function is to allow players to catch up through bringing the ilevel closer the next sub-tier. What if it was simply meant as a valor/justice point dump to keep players gathering them for longer?
    If its just created as a dump system then BLizzard is forced to up the the entire ilvl curve of their encounter difficulty. If not then Heroic encounters will be killed in a matter of hours instead of days like now. This means players consume content to fast and BLizzard looses subs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its still the only viable explenation on what "disabling" ilvl upgrades really means.
    Or it just means you either won't be able to upgrade any of the 5.2 epics, or that the iLvl upgrade system will temporarily be disabled.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

The ilvl upgrade for heroic players should come with the extra gear they get dropping every week. If thats not enough for them then they shouldn't be doing heroic content in the first place.

But blizzard's intent is to allow Hardcore to become a more likeable progress. And not just have it stop after normal. Hence they are trying to please everyone with this simple not so bad idea that you are making come out as a horrible addition to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    There will be balance problems in 5.2 because of item upgrades, period.
    Yes - More and more ppl are realising how damaging the system really is.

Much ado about nothing. I love how people think they are smarter then the devs and have 'figured out' everything! Good job!

'I did the math and read some random comment so my conclusion must be the only possible one!'

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Or it just means you either won't be able to upgrade any of the 5.2 epics, or that the iLvl upgrade system will temporarily be disabled.
    If they disable the system like you say they will be creating even bigger gaps than ever before between ppl that have and ppl that dont have best possible gear on start of new raid tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Much ado about nothing. I love how people think they are smarter then the devs and have 'figured out' everything! Good job!

'I did the math and read some random comment so my conclusion must be the only possible one!'
    I love how people think the devs knowing there will be problems in the future will stop them from doing things that help them now.

I hope they remove the upgrade system completely.

Upgrading your items is not inherently a bad idea but it also really isn't the smoothest system when it comes to moving from one tier to another with the tuning in mind. It's quite safe to assume that the concept is at least thoroughly being looked over.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post

Nothing to do with beeing smarter than the devs. Just pointing out that extra 8 ilvls will in some way change the overall progression curve of every new tier. It can not work as catch up mechanic cause it is already tuned with those extra 8 ilvls in mind at the start.

Deleted
    Anyone got the original post?

If they weren't smart enough to realize that item upgrades would be like this for new content then we shouldn't be punished for it. I knew when they announced item upgrades that those who are in heroic gear with full upgrades would blow through new content.

Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post
    But blizzard's intent is to allow Hardcore to become a more likeable progress. And not just have it stop after normal. Hence they are trying to please everyone with this simple not so bad idea that you are making come out as a horrible addition to the game.
    You dont quite seems to get it that the hardcore content will be overtuned with those 8ilvls in mind right at the start of new tier. Cause the real hardcore players that are looking for a challenge all have best possible item lvl upgrade on their heroic gear. And they still have probably 3 months to upgrade every possible item they can.