Poll: What would you do?

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    This is the single reason why I'm not championing High Elves (I would play them to death).

The best way to add HElves is for BElves to go "neutral". That way the two races can share the same model, just with different eye colors.
    However, this leaves the Horde with 7 possible races (Orc, Troll, Tauren, Undead, BElf, Goblin, Houjin Pandaren) and the Alliance with 8 possible races (Human, Dwarf, Gnome, NElf, Draenei, Worgen, Tushui Pandaren, HElf).

Looking at that, the easiest solution would be "just give Horde another race, like Ogres." However, having observed the community here since Cata beta, and the WoW community in-game since AQ, that's an impossible option. If Alliance got a reskin of BElves, and Horde got a brand spanking new race, there would be outcry larger than when we heard of Theramore being destroyed. This wouldn't be something Blizz can write off as "storytelling" and "you'll get revenge later." This would be clear evidence of bias when adding a new race.

The other, more palatable option is for the Alliance to field a race of their own to go neutral. This way both sides would gain a race, and "lose" a race. The problem, no Alliance race really holds any inkling of rebellion.
    Human - Obviously all despise Orcs and Forsaken.
    Dwarf - Bronzebeards and Wildhammers are firmly allied with the Alliance, and the Dark Irons have had bad dealings with the Old Horde.
    Gnome - Have a deep and old rivalry with the Goblins.
    NElf - Orcs are currently destroying their homeland, BElves have bad blood with them, Maiev's faction despise all non-NElves.
    Draenei - Still haven't fully forgiven Orcs for Draenor, Suspicious of the Undead and Blood Elves.
    Worgen - "Deploy the Plague," enough said.

Until Blizz starts dropping hints at an Alliance race (or faction within a race) willing to break ranks and join the Horde, it seems High Elves are doomed to be NPCs forever.

P.S. I think Draenei or Dark Iron Dwarves would be the most plausible candidates in the near future. The former going neutral rather than betraying, the latter would bloodilly betray.
    The horde do not need an alliance race. Just make Ogre playable, while High Elf is made playable as well for the Alliance, an elf race with different class/race restriction combo and racials as though sharing aspect with blood elf. To make it awesomer we can implement runic tattoos for Blood elves and different type of hairstyle and beard for high elf.

Well if I had to choose one then it's B.

I'm Horde, only reason I got an Alliance char is to experience the Alliance storylines first hand, and even that's not that much motivation when I can read about it or watch it online. I wouldn't roll one really since I don't care for high elves. Wouldn't mind them as playable, but don't care about it.

But I don't care much for killing them either, I simply just don't care about them really. Currently high elves are nothing more than a near extinct race that are with the Alliance, primarily in the Kirin Tor atm.

I would reroll / race change to High Elf the first day.

15+ Year Old Account
    I´d say "ok" and be indifferent about them joining alliance. I prefer Horde.

Deleted
    already alliance so didn't bother voting as wouldn't race change either, and gona wait until they "update classic models" as they are a classic race since removed and hiden in the cataclysnm re-do (dire maul etc). but wouldl be nice to get a lore dump from them so woulod probably play starting area just like i did with worgen and gobo, especialy if they do the new Class + new race again so i can try out the new class at the same time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    The horde do not need an alliance race. Just make Ogre playable, while High Elf is made playable as well for the Alliance, an elf race with different class/race restriction combo and racials as though sharing aspect with blood elf. To make it awesomer we can implement runic tattoos for Blood elves and different type of hairstyle and beard for high elf.
    So Alliance just gets Blood Elves with a different eye color and Horde gets a brand new race?

WTF BLIZZ THIS IS BULLSHIT FUCKING HORDE BIAS GG UNSUB WORST GAME EVER!!!!!111111111!!!!!!!!
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So Alliance just gets Blood Elves with a different eye color and Horde gets a brand new race?

WTF BLIZZ THIS IS BULLSHIT FUCKING HORDE BIAS GG UNSUB WORST GAME EVER!!!!!111111111!!!!!!!!
    That's exactly what people would say lol

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post

but fortunately tonnes of alliance players wants to play as high elf and doesn't really care about the similarity. and they fit lore wise so much.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What you miss is the fact that they need an outright different model. The Alliance is in a very bad place as a community right now (I've been playing it, I know), they feel Blizzard has entirely given up on them as a faction. The feeling that we'll waltz into Orgrimmar, help kill Garrosh, then leave with nothing but our Txx gear is rampant.

Ogres would need a totally new model to be a viable player race. While High Elves can get by with reskinning the BElf model. If that were to happen the dam would break in terms of negative sentiment toward Blizzard.

Now if Blizz were to retcon the entirety of BElf/HElf storyline since WC3 to change one of their models radically, it'd be fine.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    but fortunately tonnes of alliance players wants to play as high elf and doesn't really care about the similarity. and they fit lore wise so much.
    Sorry, but these "tons of players want to play them" is a minority. Those who really wanted to play one already rolled a blood elf.

And lore is for most part irrelevent when considering new races. Blizzard can add frog people if they like, they'll justify it in lore later.
    Last edited by mmoc940ec2e7b6; 2013-01-21 at 06:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What you miss is the fact that they need an outright different model. The Alliance is in a very bad place as a community right now (I've been playing it, I know), they feel Blizzard has entirely given up on them as a faction. The feeling that we'll waltz into Orgrimmar, help kill Garrosh, then leave with nothing but our Txx gear is rampant.

Ogres would need a totally new model to be a viable player race. While High Elves can get by with reskinning the BElf model. If that were to happen the dam would break in terms of negative sentiment toward Blizzard.

Now if Blizz were to retcon the entirety of BElf/HElf storyline since WC3 to change one of their models radically, it'd be fine.
    To add to it, they'd be getting a reskin of a Horde race a substantial number of the Horde players have been bitching about since day 1. They're not just getting a reskin of a Horde race, they're getting a reskin of the Horde race even the Horde doesn't want

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

would you settle with high elf alliance(renamed as silver elf) rides stags instead of hawkstriders, and Horde gets Ogres, and to make up for the model sharing, Naga can be either as a neutral race!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd stop killing pink elves with just my dworf and start killing them with my troll too.

Deleted
    would you settle with high elf alliance(renamed as silver elf)
    Oh, please no more silly names, "Blood Elves" is enough for bad names for High Elves.

if this were happen a mass uproar would scream that blizzard are lazy or that now everyone will be high elfs... but when has that NOT happened?

Deleted
    Give Horde playable naga. Screw ogres.
    Then you can take your High Elves.

// No, I wouldn't. There are already Blood Elves.
    Last edited by mmoc08e1904273; 2013-01-22 at 02:03 PM.

I don't play Alliance. Wouldn't matter to me.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

15+ Year Old Account
    would you settle with high elf alliance(renamed as silver elf) rides stags instead of hawkstriders, and Horde gets Ogres, and to make up for the model sharing, Naga can be either as a neutral race!
    So Horde gets 2 new races and Alliance only gets 1.25?

Now that Lorethamar theron has become a BAMF all the high elves are gonna come racing to the belf banner and be absorbed into the horde

But in all seriousness i hope we dont see another elf faction im tired of seeing fucking elves everywhere i wish people will stop with this high elf fantasy

If you wanna roll a pretty elf go and become a Belf Or a Nelf

Give us something new blizz a new race with new character models and lore not rehashes

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Now that Lorethamar theron has become a BAMF all the high elves are gonna come racing to the belf banner and be absorbed into the horde

But in all seriousness i hope we dont see another elf faction im tired of seeing fucking elves everywhere i wish people will stop with this high elf fantasy

If you wanna roll a pretty elf go and become a Belf Or a Nelf

Give us something new blizz a new race with new character models and lore not rehashes
    Agreed, if anything toss a couple high elf heads into the nelf and belf customization options. No need for a whole new race. If they are going to do a new race make it something interesting, and preferably not modeled after a famous cartoon character. Drakonid would be nice.