Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As much as I love blood elves, that twist would be way too random.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    Pleasantly surprised, full of dread at typical fan reaction and fearful that it would basically be a death sentence for him as it was for Garrosh.

I really, really doubt it is going to happen though. Too many tables would be flipped. Plus, we need him in Quel'Thalas still.

I think the Tauren chieftain would be the best one to lead the Horde.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Deleted
    I'd be happy. Baine is boring (sucks), Vol'jin is overrated, Thrall won't come back, Sylvanas doesn't care about the Horde, so Lor'Themar for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Hahah, nice turn around there iamthedevil
    I'm pretty sure garrosh will be, but whatever

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    I love Lor'Themar and I think he should crowned King of Quel'Thalas. But I feel only an Orc should be Warchief of the Horde.
    I know we can't post meme's so...

THAT'S RACIST!

I would demand no fancy clothing and no fancy hairdo. And rebel when he would make those mandatory.

I do believe Lor'themar Theron is going places, but I don't believe it would be a good idea for him to be Warchief. The Blood Elves will always be regarded as being outsiders within the Horde, at least within the scope of WoW. Whoever the next Warchief is, they need to at least reflect the more tribal nature of the Horde, which is something a Blood Elf can be.

Overall I would place the following conditions on the next Warchief:

1. They must be an Orc, Troll, or Mok'nathal (Mok'nathal isn't likely because the only candidate of that race fails other criteria, but I included it because the race itself works). While some would limit it to just Orcs, I believe that the other 3 races I listed have been associated with the Horde for long enough and line up with the theme enough to work out fairly well.

2. They must be involved in the events of MoP as of 5.1. It just wouldn't feel right to have someone charge in at the 11th hour and declare themselves, or be declared, leader. That doesn't mean people like Saurfang should be involved at all, just that they shouldn't take power after the fact.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance would be destroyed. He would conjure a magical exploding bench and hurl it to stormwind all by himself, thus vaporizing Varian, his long time hairstyle rival. Because of all this, Metzen will never let Lor'themar become Warchief.

I'd rather have Lor'themar than Vol'jin. Hell, I'd rather have Varian than Vol'jin. Vol'jin is the last person that deserves that seat of power.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'd rather have Lor'themar than Vol'jin. Hell, I'd rather have Varian than Vol'jin. Vol'jin is the last person that deserves that seat of power.
    *clutches pearls in horror*

Ohhh mah Lawdy!!

Vol'jin has to be the only Horde leader with a true understanding of what is to be horde.

Deleted
    If there is a warchief after Garrosh, it should be a tauren, troll or an orc. I'm not sure there needs to be a warchief though. At the very least the warchief shouldn't be the ultimate leader of the horde in all matters. Perhaps the warchief could just be the leader of the horde armies.

The blood elves have proven their worth to the horde, but they are still relatively far removed from horde affairs on Kalimdor. Sylvanas is only interested in doing her own thing, and belonging to the horde is more of an alliance of convenience for the Forsaken. The goblins have only recently joined the horde, they're not trustworthy enough to lead, and they're mostly out for profit anyway.

I like the idea each race having a lot more autonomy instead of being under an orcish warchief, so a council type leadership solution would be great. It's time for the other races to have more say on their own affairs.

For example a council of Thrall (as shamanistic leader of the orcs), Vol'jin, Baine, Sylvanas, Lor'themar, Ji Firepaw and some new goblin leader leading the horde, with someone like Saurfang leading the horde armies as Warchief.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2013-01-06 at 01:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd feel happy, Blizz did say it would be someone unexpected.....so deffinantly not thrall of vol'jin....unless they lied to us, I do hope whoever it is isn't an orc im kinda bored of the orc vs humans stuff now.

It'd be funny if aethas sunreaver ended up as leader of the horde, totally unexpected and jaina would rage.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2013-01-06 at 01:21 AM.

Gamon will be the new warchief. Years of getting killed repeatedly have led to him having one trillion hit points and the ability to super cleave Garrosh's face which is how the final battle will end. Gamon will pull a Tirion versus Garrosh and become the new warchief.

You heard it here first.

well actually Lor'Themar can become Warchief if fair vote, Blood Elfs and Undead(they are made of 70% dead elfs) might vote for him if fair election while other races would vote for their own.

I think the best possible solution is to invoke some sort of group style leadership, a council of the "Horde" were all leaders would be part of. As things stand atm that would be the best solution. Would Trolls be ok with a Blood Elf warchief? Would Orcs be ok with a Forsaken? The Tauren would pretty much see reason in any elected Warchief, and Goblins would still find a way to make profit, since that's all they care about. Remember, Vol'jin stated (in Cata) that he doesn't care for the job (more or less), but he doesn't want Garrosh leading the Horde anymore. And seeing how they're all plotting to remove Garrosh, Theron stating that he's taking matter in his hands, and that Sylvannas will have something to do with the Garrosh raid (as stated by Dave Kosak), I'm assuming that either they'll agree on what I just said (the council idea) or a new Warchief in Theron or Sylvannas. But who knows...Blizzard is funny sometimes.

Not too keen on the idea of a Blood Elf as Warchief, I play Horde to play a more noble, savage type instead of a dashing knight...He doesn't really fit the image of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Not only that, he's also a traitor.
    The Zalandari homeland gets destroyed by the Cataclysm, his own people call him for a meeting to decide the future of the troll race and what does he do ? He rats them out to not only the Horde but also to the Alliance.
    Trolls are my favorite race in the game but after that i started to despise Vol'jin and i hoped he died in that scenario. Too bad he didn't.
    The Darkspear are not Zandalari. Not by far. Zandalari want to kill everything that isn't roll, and subjugate every troll that isn't Zandalari. We haven't been raiding all those Zul-Thingy places for nothing, you know...

Anyway, the Zandalari are not 'his own people.'

Edit for on-topicness:
    I would not like Lor'themar to be the Warchief. Not enough character. Lor'themar, as far as I'm concerned, is little more than a lawn ornament.
    A Blood Elf Warchief could work, of course... If they were awesome and not too addicted to the arcane. And if they had enough character and exposure. Lor'themar is just too much of a nobody.

10+ Year Old Account
    The BE are now the Majority Race in the Horde, (by players), so they should be rulers of The Horde
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.