Page 27 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Team Xerneas represent.

I can't stop watching the trailer... I want to play. ;_;

I dunno, Yveltal looks pretty cool, too.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Loving Yvetal and Froaky :3 wonder what Froaky will look like fully evolved.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get this feeling that Yveltal is based on Queztalcoatl. Highly unlikely, but their both sky deities, and their names sound similar.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I think i'm going to pronounce the Y legendary "Evil tail"

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I think i'm going to pronounce the Y legendary "Evil tail"
    Xerneas(pronounced ZURR-nee-us) and Yveltal (pronounced ee-VELL-tall )

Anyhow I'm more into Xerneas atm, I like "her" regal look. But Yveltal look pretty sweet aswell.

Anyone else going to pray every night until release for new eveelutions btw? I'd love to see a flying, rock or why not even a steel one. a Dragon evee could be extremly awsome aswell
    Last edited by Sylf; 2013-01-09 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If X and Y represent the Earth Mother and Sky Father then perhaps they're the original ones from the previous chaotic universe that Arceus hatched out of to create the current Pokemon universe. That or Arceus recreated them. So the original Creation Duo or I'm just rambling.

Anyone want to take a guess on the type of villainous team/organization we'll be butting heads with? Let's see we've had in the main series of games not counting the spin-offs:

Mafia/Yakuza
    Environmental Extremists
    Cult like global terrorist organization
    PETA to the extreme
    What's next?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    If X and Y represent the Earth Mother and Sky Father then perhaps they're the original ones from the previous chaotic universe that Arceus hatched out of to create the current Pokemon universe. That or Arceus recreated them. So the original Creation Duo or I'm just rambling.

Anyone want to take a guess on the type of villainous team/organization we'll be butting heads with? Let's see we've had in the main series of games not counting the spin-offs:

Mafia/Yakuza
    Environmental Extremists
    Cult like global terrorist organization
    PETA to the extreme
    What's next?
    They weren't peta to the extreme.that was just peta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    They weren't peta to the extreme.that was just peta
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    Fair enough.
    Perhaps even less extreme than actual PETA. Hahaha

Like someone said earlier I'm also a little dubious about the 3D graphics, the cel-shaded pokemon battle models look fine because they are actually really close to the style that Game Freak was using for the old sprites anyway... but the overworld graphics don't look the same. That's where Gamefreak seem to be going more realistic than they should.

In these pictures it looks alright! But in some other places it doesnt;

These buildings are just brown blocks, where is the character?

This scene should be appealing, but is also composed of various browns and greens. Where's the colour I've come to expect from Pokemon games?

eeeeeeuuuuuugh

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    It's just ridiculous that someone would look at progress/new material in one sense but then turn around and think the exact opposite for the other.

You have Star wars fans who see Jar Jar and immediately count the whole prequel trilogy as shit
    but then they turn around and fight people who dislike Gen 6 becaue the grass starter looks like crap.
    jar jar isnt why the prequels are bad. hes just a target.

the main reason the prequels are bad is because george lucas decided that flashy cgi was better than story. he decided to do retarded stuff like make anakin build 3cpo when he was like 5, he turned the force into something caused by germ things in your dna instead of this mystical and magical force you could gain with willpower. not to mention he keeps going back and editing and changing things. people dont like retcons.

the difference between pokemon and star wars? pokemon never changed drastically its still the same formula baring side games just with new additions. plus the story has actually gotten better and deeper. in red and blue the story was near non existent, team rocket was doing some stuff with pokemon and it didnt matter what they were doing all that mattered was it was bad. in black and white the characters are developed beyond "rawr me bad"

a better thing to compare to the star wars prequels is something like the burning crusade when compared to the story of warcraft 3.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    eeeeeeuuuuuugh
    You do realize you are looking at 3d images in 2d, right? they always look fucked up.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Like someone said earlier I'm also a little dubious about the 3D graphics, the cel-shaded pokemon battle models look fine because they are actually really close to the style that Game Freak was using for the old sprites anyway... but the overworld graphics don't look the same. That's where Gamefreak seem to be going more realistic than they should.

In these pictures it looks alright! But in some other places it doesnt;

These buildings are just brown blocks, where is the character?

This scene should be appealing, but is also composed of various browns and greens. Where's the colour I've come to expect from Pokemon games?

eeeeeeuuuuuugh
    tbh they probably couldve kept the overworld 2d and only made the battles 3d and i wouldve loved it. i think the overworld 3d doesnt look that bad though looks like normal stuff from pokemon to me just you know 3dified

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    You do realize you are looking at 3d images in 2d, right? they always look fucked up.
    yeah the way they record things from the 3ds always makes it look a little crappier plus this was done on an xl and the xl makes pictures a little bit more pixely anyways

it should look alot more crisp and clear when you actually see it in person
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Yeah I am hoping they look better in motion (and as I liked the way the forest looks, they still have several months to make everything look alright anyway)

i hope they finally let us customize the player models atleast slightly. even if its just clothes otherwise this is going to turn into gen 4 where i hated all the player sprites.

I wonder how the beauty contest thing is going to work/look on the 3D models of the pokemon. (like the tophats and ribbons)

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    The graphics in the trailer are worse than what they will end up being on the 3DS, purely because on the 3DS it will be 3d. If you look at any other 3ds game trailer most will say it has been recorded on a 3ds without the 3d function, which makes it show as low graphics :P
    Not really, I find the graphics tend to actually look better on the 3DS than from screenshots.

Deleted
    And the ds screen is much smaller at 400x240, not stretched up to 720p (then that up to 1080p if fullscreened) enlarged to whatever.