Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    World of Pokemon?
    Oh God yes, Elzar.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    But the front page of the site has the logo with the ribbon. Don't dismiss it yet.
    http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/
    My guess: They're going to reveal an 8th eeveelution on the 8th (funny how that works out too), and Virgil's eevee will evolve either during the short, the movie, or the anime. Then it will be the mascot of 6th gen, like Lucario was and Zoroark tried to be.
    It doesnt work out though. The colour of each kana corresponds to each eeveelution. But the ribbon is just in there randomly (which is questionable though) - but the only Type that a ribbon motif would correspond to would be Normal, no?

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    It doesnt work out though. The colour of each kana corresponds to each eeveelution. But the ribbon is just in there randomly (which is questionable though) - but the only Type that a ribbon motif would correspond to would be Normal, no?
    True. A normal type eeveelution isn't out of the question though. So far they've only done (previously) special types, but the only one left is dragon. And that tweet earlier is a bit too coincidental to make me think it was just a random piece of trivia.

Also, to anyone who still thinks it's too soon:
    Togepi - Revealed two years after Red/Blue's release in Japan
    Kecleon - Revealed two years after G/S' release
    Munclax - revealed two years after R/S' release

Zoroark, revealed four years after D/P, is the only exception. And it's been roughly two years since Black/White came out. This is just on time. Get hyped.

15+ Year Old Account
    And that tweet earlier is a bit too coincidental to make me think it was just a random piece of trivia.
    The tweet isnt random though, the mini-movie for movie 16 is about the eeveelutions.

Deleted
    Gen 3 remake I reckon, then they'll remake Gen 1. Can't really remake Gen 4 at the moment given that the 3DS hasn't progressed enough from the original so it would be essentially the same.

How would a Pokemon MMO work by the way?
    Like it's a solo formula would you form parties to catch a legendary? Wouldn't be able to clear E4/Leaders without a party? Doesn't seem that appealing to me, but I see why people might like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe remakes of Collisuem and Gale of Darkness for the 3DS.... but then again a Pokemon stadium for Wii U would be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    The tweet isnt random though, the mini-movie for movie 16 is about the eeveelutions.
    You know, that honestly didn't occur to me. I was a bit too caught up in the hype.

I'm still betting on a new eeveelution though. It makes sense to me.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2013-01-07 at 03:36 AM.

And I doubt the same team working on balancing the metagame is also responsible for the graphics.
    Sure, but the money paid to people to make graphics could be spent instead on metagame balance. Time and money are generally seen as equivalet, I didn't mean to imply that I thought the same people performed both tasks, rather that the expenditure of resources on something as largely trivial as graphics (at least for a Pokemon game) could be put to better use elsewhere in the game's development.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    It would make the games look better, do you really have no issue with stickers battling instead of pokemon? The fights still look pretty much the same as they did in red and blue and that's just pathetic.
    Nope. I have no problem with "stickers" being used. It feels authentic and true-to-itself, and mitigates my nostalgia. :shrug:
    Last edited by PetersenIII; 2013-01-07 at 06:51 AM.

6 am EST During Nintendo Direct.

A remake of yellow version with some more stuff added in and a graphics update would be the bomb diggity.

6th generation single player game with online worlds of the other 5 generation designed to be beaten after the single player game with the ability to invite a friend to play with you (double matches).

There would also be "public" shards where you could look for people to trade with, chat about pokemon, and befriend.

That would be awesome.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I still think it's a little too early for Ruby/Sapphire remakes, since the game doesn't really look dated and it isn't that old, but I wouldn't complain if they announced it. I also wouldn't complain over another Red/Blue remake, but I doubt that will happen either because FireRed/LeafGreen came out not too long ago as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for a fully 3D pokemon game for the new generation. They've done sprite graphics for a long time, eventually
    it's got to break that format and go 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzay View Post
    Maybe remakes of Collisuem and Gale of Darkness for the 3DS.... but then again a Pokemon stadium for Wii U would be pretty awesome.
    enough with thew dumb stadium game, we need something new, we need a pokemon real time rpg, with more action.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    enough with thew dumb stadium game, we need something new, we need a pokemon real time rpg, with more action.
    You're acting like we get a lot of stadium games, there hasn't been one in a long time. And no, real time rpg noty, not enough turn base rpgs these days, if Pokemon got rid of turn base combat it would lose a huge piece of itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Dumb Stadium game? Did you even play Pokemon Stadium? Wow, it was amazing. Pokemon Battle Revolution could have lived up to it, but it didn't have Gym Leader Castle, mini-games or the Cups.

Tellin' ya. Pokemon Snap.

i'll be pretty pissed off if it's something for the 3ds. i'd hate to see pokemon stadium ruined by the 3ds... ugh... almost makes me sick to think about it. no, if it's a remake of stadium, or a pokemon stadium 3, it needs to be for the wiiu or wii. i'm hoping against all odds it's a mmo designed like the game for the gamecube (the one with the snag machine).

Deleted
    There was a Pokemon Stadium 2?!

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    I don't see why everyone has such a hard-on for 3-d graphics. The game doesn't need them to be successful (obviously) and they wouldn't really add anything of value to the game relative to the development time spent on making 500 some models and animations for them all. I'd rather that time be spent on balancing and adjusting movesets. And removing Stealth Rock. <.<
    except all the models already exist. pokedex 3d says hai

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 06:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i'll be pretty pissed off if it's something for the 3ds. i'd hate to see pokemon stadium ruined by the 3ds... ugh... almost makes me sick to think about it. no, if it's a remake of stadium, or a pokemon stadium 3, it needs to be for the wiiu or wii. i'm hoping against all odds it's a mmo designed like the game for the gamecube (the one with the snag machine).
    whats wrong with the 3ds? its stronger than the wii so it be perfectly capable of a stadium remake if its the 3d bit you do know you can turn it off right? or is it just that you dont want to buy one?

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 06:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I still think it's a little too early for Ruby/Sapphire remakes, since the game doesn't really look dated and it isn't that old, but I wouldn't complain if they announced it. I also wouldn't complain over another Red/Blue remake, but I doubt that will happen either because FireRed/LeafGreen came out not too long ago as well.
    you have to remember that pokemons biggest audience is kids how many kids do you see running around with gbas let alone a ds lite that could transfer the pokemon over?

hasnt it been like 10 years since r/s/e?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552