Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    What would make this idea perfect would be the ability to talk cross-faction to the other faction's warlocks while in there. You'd see a real mingling of warlock-centric ideas and suggestions and advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Dark Apotheosis

ilikeduckstenchar

Possible base for the Council of the Black Harvest!

I hope all those objects and doodads are just placeholders, it kinda looks a bit odd seeing night elf portals, blue dragon nexus obelisks and scourge altars lying about.

when i read the title i was omg omg omg warlock island where i can finaly send that useless son of a bitch (lil wayne prince of stormwind) into the abyiss .. but it more looks like molten front dayli quest hub with a bit green. Honestly i was expecting something more nether alike with some kil'jaden sunwell fire opening portal, the gateway more like the dark portal and teleports all over the place.

but atleast we finaly get a place for the true rules of the realalm, now we only need to learn how to create a void portal to the nether to crush those puny humans with the burning legion enslaved .. ill call my enslaved kill'jaden "firedemonlolpewpewbunnyman"

I do not expect they will provide us a warlock only place. It may be there for the quest only. Unless they want to attract more people to warlocks as I saw some blue saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be a part of the questline, but one I wouldn't even count on being used (it looks very placeholdery) since the questline itself has been trimmed down from a virtually full expansion thing, to being just a single patch.

They wouldn't build an entire new area just for one quest that only a small portion of only one class will ever use. It also wouldn't have city portals if its sole purpose was for a quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    They wouldn't build an entire new area just for one quest that only a small portion of only one class will ever use. It also wouldn't have city portals if its sole purpose was for a quest.
    Depends on how much resource was poured into making it -- others have mentioned it largely seems to be a copy/paste of existing areas, with a few new elements ? Correct me if I'm recalling this wrong.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    ...from a virtually full expansion thing, to being just a single patch.
    Wasn't it just going to be a two patch thing? They just pushed the first half into 5.2 so it could all be completed in a single patch cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Depends on how much resource was poured into making it -- others have mentioned it largely seems to be a copy/paste of existing areas, with a few new elements ? Correct me if I'm recalling this wrong.
    It's the first iteration of the patch on the PTR. I would bet that nearly everything you're seeing here are placeholders. The spooky door with the eye over it seems like the only new thing I haven't seen before, so it might stay. As others have said, I think they're trying to boost warlock popularity a bit since the numbers are down, and this is our new class hub ala Acherus/Moonglade/Peak of Serenity/Ravenholdt Manor. We'll know much more in another few PTR pushes. I have a feeling it'll be pretty neat.

you know what I hope for the warlock island?

I hope it has eredar girls dancing.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

If this ends up being a Warlock-only basecamp, I'll be horribly pleased.

It'll be a part of the questline, but one I wouldn't even count on being used (it looks very placeholdery) since the questline itself has been trimmed down from a virtually full expansion thing, to being just a single patch.
    I'm not so sure that it actually had its content reduced. More like done in one part instead of many more.

15+ Year Old Account
    First, it was to be a questchain spread over ''several patches'' (so that could even be just two, 5.1 and 5.2.) which isnt a ''virtually full expansion thing''.

Second, it didn't get trimmed down, they simply pushed it back to 5.2 so they could release the whole questchain. I guess they simply felt like that would be a better thing to do, compared to spreading it out over several patches.

FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    First, it was to be a questchain spread over ''several patches'' (so that could even be just two, 5.1 and 5.2.) which isnt a ''virtually full expansion thing''.

Second, it didn't get trimmed down, they simply pushed it back to 5.2 so they could release the whole questchain. I guess they simply felt like that would be a better thing to do, compared to spreading it out over several patches.
    'Several' is very open to interpretation; I think most people would regard that as at least 3 and that phrasing I'd honestly take to mean it was intended to continue past 5.2 - although of course that could just be spin to make it sound like they'd condensed a much more epic thing. However, bear in mind the circumstances of when that decision was made: They'd just lost one of their development team who was working heavily on that quest chain, so it would just make logical business sense to pull it and get what was done finished and get it out there, rather than heap more work on whoever was left.

Not saying you're wrong, I actually hope you're not...

Our own island would be badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    aye :P but if you look at the dk zone, (wee flying nekro thingi .. copy@ zul'drak q line thing and many more) , panda zone looks pretty original but blizzard loves cute teddy bears (i wonder why there are no gnome druids with little carebare forms xD)
    well don't expect mutch anyway, but i realy hope the potals are placeholder, since i can't figure out why the heck we need mage portals

Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    aye :P but if you look at the dk zone, (wee flying nekro thingi .. copy@ zul'drak q line thing and many more) , panda zone looks pretty original but blizzard loves cute teddy bears (i wonder why there are no gnome druids with little carebare forms xD)
    well don't expect mutch anyway, but i realy hope the potals are placeholder, since i can't figure out why the heck we need mage portals
    well, you do know that the monk area is the MONK area, not the teddy bear area, right? that all races except for goblin and worgen can be monks? that orcs, tauren and dwarves are not teddy bears (though dwarves are hairy as bears lol)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If you're gonna use broad, sweeping generalizations like SI:7 or "Every single religion in WoW", then it's equally acceptable to say BC == Warlock Lore.
    Nah. The equivalent of saying rogue lore is "SI:7" is saying locks have a lot of lore because of the Burning Blade.

Fact of the matter is locks have had the world to them for a helluva long time. They've never been weak in pvp (outside vanilla). They've been fairly strong throughout in pve. They've had fucktons of lore for themselves. They've had personal questlines galore. Have the most unique pets. Have spells that are very lore centric. And the biggest evil in the game is warlock-centric.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

As an update, the "Warlock Island" was scrapped. According to Xelnath it was going to be a small daily quest hub accessed as part of the original green fire questline.

The island itself is the remains of the planet, Xerrath. The idea was that the Warlocks would show up and set about clearing out the demons and eventually claiming it for themselves.