Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"eat shit Bobby Kotick you pathetic ghoul"

that's literally a part of tweet (x?) of a current blizzard employee, for the posts here who were saying that bobby isn't the problem, no he is part if not the main problem of everything wrong in current blizzard
    his entire tweet (x?):
    "eat shit Bobby Kotick you pathetic ghoul. waste the millions you didn’t earn from people whose talent and light you will never understand."
    Batrick @ScarizardPlays
    I wonder if wowhead or mmo will post about it here
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be interesting to see how the removal of Bobby Kotick will affect all Activision Blizzard studios. And those saying tHeRe WiLl AlWyAs Be SoMeOnE lIke HiM; I don't think in game industry there's anyone like him.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    that's literally a part of tweet (x?) of a current blizzard employee, for the posts here who were saying that bobby isn't the problem, no he is part if not the main problem of everything wrong in current blizzard
    his entire tweet (x?):
    "eat shit Bobby Kotick you pathetic ghoul. waste the millions you didn’t earn from people whose talent and light you will never understand."
    Batrick @ScarizardPlays
    I wonder if wowhead or mmo will post about it here
    Lmao. Because an employee vents about a higher up?

You spelled "ex employee" wrong.

Kotick is just one man, and is replaceable. If it isn't him it's going to be someone else. At the end of the day, Blizzard is a big for-profit corporation beholden to another megacorporation. It's always going to be about making the most amount of money and cutting costs as much as possible. If artistic integrity and treating your workers well is the priority then you should be paying attention to small or private companies.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You spelled "ex employee" wrong.
    Kotick left Activision yesterday. He can't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Kotick left Activision yesterday. He can't do anything.
    That's not the point. Dumping on your higher ups, former or current, publicly, like this, is unprofessional, paints the company in a bad light, and is absolutely grounds for termination of contract.

7+ Year Old Account
    The insane number of lay offs in the industry this year because of minimally less profit or some major leadership fuck-ups (Embracer) shows that Bobby mentality of maximising $$$ is prevalent.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
    lol Everybody has been shitting on Kotick, even Ghostcrawler put out a passive aggressive tweet thread bashing him.

Nobody cares.
    Well try that at your employer then. I'm curious.

My employer isn't a billionaire who treats his employees like shit?

lol

When I used to work for a retail company I routinely was shitting all over my work by name. Nothing happened to me.

Yes a company can write, "Don't defame us" into their rules when you're hired but that doesn't suddenly make it actually morally taboo to callout scumbags.

And Kotick is a scumbag.

What are you even trying to do here? This weird Kotick bootlicking is very bizarre. I guess there will always be somebody who would defend anyone.

You know what actually paints the company in a bad light? Bobby Kotick.
    You thinking i'm defending Kotick (or Blizzard) here is showing how little you understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you are being pointlessly contrarian considering it's Bobby fucking Kotick that you're doing it in defense of.

So I guess congrats, claps all around lol. You did it. You found a way.
    I mean, they have a point. Unless the person being complained about was fired for abject harassment or some reason that paints the company in a bad light (no, being a dickweed money grubber on a conceptual and leadership level only known about by avid video game fans doesn’t count) then publicly calling out a person who left a company on, at least publicly, good terms could absolutely see you terminated.

That your retail job where you were an invisible cog in a machine doing unspecialized labor complaining into a void in a format where no one would see or care didn’t elicit a negative corporate response isn’t proof that no one else would ever receive one. The video game industry is a lot smaller and a person filling a notable role at a popular company would be under much more scrutiny.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I think you are being pointlessly contrarian considering it's Bobby fucking Kotick that you're doing it in defense of.

So I guess congrats, claps all around lol. You did it. You found a way.
    He's not wrong tho.
    Calling out your boss like that is very bad look unless the industry hated him for something like a crime.
    What does it look like from the perspective of another industry boss who thinks bobby is just another CEO like anyone else?

I mean yeah, bobby can go kotick a bag of dicks, but it doesn't change the fact we're pretty much the only people who think so.

You can always opt to just not say a thing.
    right back at you...

Kotick might be absolute dick, but that changes nothing about tweet like this being incredibly unproffesional and even if it wont end up in the guy getting fired (which it definitely can) its MASSIVE red flag for HR at current or any future work...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    He's not wrong tho.
    Calling out your boss like that is very bad look unless the industry hated him for something like a crime.
    What does it look like from the perspective of another industry boss who thinks bobby is just another CEO like anyone else?

I mean yeah, bobby can go kotick a bag of dicks, but it doesn't change the fact we're pretty much the only people who think so.
    I mean he did threaten one of his employees before, so there's that. If he can get away with doing something like that and still keep his job, current employees can go for gold dumpstering Kotick for all I care.

Soulless corp CEO who's only exposure to gaming was the Atari 2600...

Be great to get an actual passionate CEO, but that'll never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    I mean he did threaten one of his employees before, so there's that. If he can get away with doing something like that and still keep his job, current employees can go for gold dumpstering Kotick for all I care.
    Yeah, the industry did not care.
    Thus the industry only sees the calling out, not the whys hows and wheres.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Be great to get an actual passionate CEO, but that'll never happen.
    They can have passion. Many do.

That doesn't mean they're not ALSO soulless money-grubbing psychopaths, of course. And why wouldn't they be, when the entire system is designed to funnel soulless money-grubbing psychopaths into these positions.

Bobby is neither an exception nor a surprise. Just a symptom. A wandering, festering boil - lance it all you want, the illness is still there and you haven't actually treated shit.

gotta love these hack devs blame corporate lol,because adding a mount in the shop is what makes the game bad,not the booring souless gameplay the hack devs make LOL,reminds me of bethesda blaming the customers,granted that was worse,but similar in concept,blame ANYONE besides the exact people resposnable

and no im not defending bobby,im sure he is a vile wrech of a human being,but he isnt the one making the game shit,people like THIS are

The fact that there are people defending Kotick in this thread shows how fucked the world is.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    The fact that there are people defending Kotick in this thread shows how fucked the world is.
    Are we reading different threads, cause all I see is "that's a dumb thing to do"?