Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Class "Capital Cities"

How about adding a "Capital City" for each class, it doesnt have to be only for the class for example Dalaran, it served as main city in WotLK and also serves as Mage Capital City, another example is Moonglade and Nighthaven, the only difference between these 2 is that Nighthaven is only a Druid city and nothing else, now with the introduction of this new Warlock Island, 3 classes have their capital cities.

How would you like to have a "Palace of the Elements" or a "Hunter's Lodge" or maybe an enormous Colosseum for warriors? Discuss

10+ Year Old Account
    its a nice ideas ,but I personally dont see it happening.It would be even better if the zones were some kind of cross-realm instances only for 1 class

It'd be nice if every class had a place like the Monk's peak with class quests as you level, vanity gear and the exp-bonus-granting dailies.
    I sort of doubt it is going to happen though, that is a lot of work that could be placed somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It'd be nice if every class had a place like the Monk's peak with class quests as you level, vanity gear and the exp-bonus-granting dailies.
    I sort of doubt it is going to happen though, that is a lot of work that could be placed somewhere else.
    I tend toward this idea myself actually. Class cities are wildly overkill but a designated monastery for monks on each continent, something similar for other classes where class quests could be picked up, special temporary buffs, etc. would be fine. Unfortunately, now that there's little need for class trainers, it's an idea that is a bit behind the curve. And I have serious doubts that they would be used for much outside of RP realms.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda awkward walking into Dalaran as a Blood Elf mage nowadays.

You forgot to mention Acherus for Death Knights and that monk place in Kun-Lai.
    I don't really know what I think of this idea. It would be kind of cool for those areas to exist, but I wouldn't necessarily want a teleport there or anything. But having a lodge full of famous WoW hunters all decorated with heads on walls and stuff? Yes please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    How about adding a "Capital City" for each class, it doesnt have to be only for the class for example Dalaran, it served as main city in WotLK and also serves as Mage Capital City, another example is Moonglade and Nighthaven, the only difference between these 2 is that Nighthaven is only a Druid city and nothing else, now with the introduction of this new Warlock Island, 3 classes have their capital cities.

How would you like to have a "Palace of the Elements" or a "Hunter's Lodge" or maybe an enormous Colosseum for warriors? Discuss
    You are forgetting Ebon Hold for death knights and peak of serenity of monks. That makes 4 class hubs. If Dalaran was exclusive to mages, then I'd say there were 5 class hubs.

But, I do agree every class should have their own hub. I think that is what Blizzard is moving towards.
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I tend toward this idea myself actually. Class cities are wildly overkill but a designated monastery for monks on each continent, something similar for other classes where class quests could be picked up, special temporary buffs, etc. would be fine. Unfortunately, now that there's little need for class trainers, it's an idea that is a bit behind the curve. And I have serious doubts that they would be used for much outside of RP realms.

Yeah but I'd think Classes deserve their own area. For certain circumstances Mages obviously have to have seperate due to Dalaran Purging.(DON'T DERAIL)

Blood Elf Mage: HAI GUYIZ WHY U KICK ME OUT

Human and High Elves: ......??
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Not really a fan of class based sanctuaries for all classes. The ones that exist are enough. Nighthaven isn't a sanctuary like Acherus or Peak of Serenity either.

RH Manor, as we all know, has been massively underused since Classic and is again a good example of size and scale that could work, i.e. not a city, but a small hub with lore and class stuff

Might not be too much work tbh and could also be tied to higher levels and not just for levelling so that it doesnt become redundant. Even its just there for flavour, might be ok, with some NPCs and chatter, with maybe some class based transmog vendors

Are you actually asking developers to create content other than the necessary raids/daily/bgs (1-2 an expac)/quests????

This is just an unreasonable request.

You forgot to add the dk town/necropolis Acherus The Ebon Hold, and the monk town you access with zen pilgrimage.

Would be kinda neat maybe something like:
    Throne of Elements in Nagrand made into a shaman town
    Lights Hope made Into a Paladin City
    Turn Ravenholdt manor(or a goblin town) into a Rogue town
    Place a town in Grizzly Hills for hunters
    Stair of Destiny(stopping demons from entering the dark portal and into Azeroth) or Nagrand arena for Warriors.
    Take over onslaught Harbor or make a new city in the next expansion for Priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Are you actually asking developers to create content other than the necessary raids/daily/bgs (1-2 an expac)/quests????

This is just an unreasonable request.
    You're saying blizzard should spend more time on content that will be used once by a small fraction of the playerbase while leveling?

(I don't expect to see this person reply)

Pertinent to my point, however, is how "useful" these areas would be. Death Knights actually use their base for runeforges. No other class really has a mechanic that functions that way. Creating completely new zones for a scant few leveling quests, like moonglade, scarcely seems a good use of Blizzard's time.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-01-05 at 10:28 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Sunwell bro, it's cooler anyways. I like the idea, don't see how it would effect faction capitals as I assume there's no transmog, banks and AH's there. The warlock one looks amazing, Archerus still holds out and the Monk one in Kum-Lai is awesome.

Are we going to be able to take secret oaths to get in to the establishments and then subsequently haze prospective new members? If so, I'm all for it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You're saying blizzard should spend more time on content that will be used once by a small fraction of the playerbase while leveling?

(I don't expect to see this person reply)

Pertinent to my point, however, is how "useful" these areas would be. Death Knights actually use their base for runeforges. No other class really has a mechanic that functions that way. Creating completely new zones for a scant few leveling quests, like moonglade, scarcely seems a good use of Blizzard's time.
    They could implement stuff to make them useful.
    Moonglade is by the way the main scene of the Lunar Festival event so it's more usefull for the player base in general than Acherus is.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit iffy for the class/race combos with their own thematic (take Blood Knights and Sunwalkers, for example; both would feel out of place in a holy paladin city of Light and purity), but in general I like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Sunwell bro, it's cooler anyways.
    Yeah, let's make this happen.

Shamans got a big class place too, the Throne of Elements in Nagrand.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    It's a bit iffy for the class/race combos with their own thematic (take Blood Knights and Sunwalkers, for example; both would feel out of place in a holy paladin city of Light and purity), but in general I like the idea.

Yeah, let's make this happen.
    bout hearthglen then? would fit for all paladins, and the place is for any one of any race.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelfatron View Post
    Shamans got a big class place too, the Throne of Elements in Nagrand.
    That's not a class place.
    Moonglade, Acherus and whatever the Monk place is called all have class trainers and class-relevant activities.
    The Throne of the Elements is a shrine in a lake with three NPCs and some quests that literally everyone can do.