Poll: New Warchief!

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    At this point, given the 5.1 storyline, it has to be between Vol'Jin and Lor'themar. My only problem is that I can't see the Orcs rallying behind anyone but another Orc, and certainly not a Blood Elf.
    this is my problem too. to say the orcs or at least the generation lead by Garry aren't at least a lil racist is disingenuous. i doubt they would take to following a guy that if you poke him enough tells you to not touch his hair. and up to this point in the grand scheme of things has done nothing to prove he can lead, even to the other races aside from the orcs.

Deleted
    Voljin will be the next warchief imo... with his character model upgraded and other stuff (quests etc.). Not particularly excited about Voljin becoming a warchief, but whaddya gonna do. Troll's are (again imo) more like advisors and "bystanders" in horde politics. Anyways I think he's a better option than this pink, steroid-pumped madman that is now in command. Might be wrong too...

My mind keeps on wandering back to Saurfang but I cant help but feel that Blizz would have wanted to reintroduce or expand on the character if they wanted to make him the next Warchief. I feel like Blizz wants to show us as much of the new Warchief as possible so we can get to know exactly what to expect. I reaaly think it will be Vol'jin

Of course they have. They've known ever since they decided Garrosh had to go.

As to who, I honestly have no idea. I'm hoping for Baine though, but I realize that Vol'jin probably has higher chances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Med'an :I
    Or Aggra.

LOLoptions aside, though I'd like to see Saurfang, I think he'd feel like he'd be too old for the job. Vol'jin is likely in my book, whilst Sylvanas is not.

I'm guessing someone young and fierce, but that won't charge headfirst into action. Basically a younger Thrall or Saurfang. And possibly Orc for the sake of having a racial leader for all.

Just my two cents.

Deleted
    The Horde won't be led by a Warchief, but by a Council. Every racial leader will be part of it, and it's gonna be glorious.

And this is just me, dreaming !

Deleted
    Not enough orcs to choose from.
    Should include at least Saurfang and Nazgrim.

Also Garona. Just because I like the idea.

Deleted
    It's Thrall, seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say Nazgrim
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valegos View Post
    The Horde won't be led by a Warchief, but by a Council. Every racial leader will be part of it, and it's gonna be glorious.

And this is just me, dreaming !
    I like the idea, but then we'll at least have to think about a new orc leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rooting for Sylvanas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    Why no saurfang option? Has everyone forgot Saurfang's words to Garrosh in wotlk?
    I would love that. Him to deliver on his threat. Then again - Look what happened with Mal'Ganis...

Blizzard has good lore - but sucks at putting the story together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I like the idea, but then we'll at least have to think about a new orc leader.
    Thrall imo. If the Horde is going to get a(nother) redemption story, then the guy who believes in it the most should play that part in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Thrall imo. If the Horde is going to get a(nother) redemption story, then the guy who believes in it the most should play that part in it.
    Some argue the Horde would become a red Alliance if that happened(The Council part). I don't have any qualms with the idea myself, but it should have some *Horde politics* so it identifys as Horde instead of being Red Alliance.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Lor'themar or Sylvanas. To be frank, anyone who is not an Orc, Troll, Tauren or Goblin, cause that Horde should be about free spirits, not savage tribes. EVOLVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Some argue the Horde would become a red Alliance if that happened(The Council part). I don't have any qualms with the idea myself, but it should have some *Horde politics* so it identifys as Horde instead of being Red Alliance.
    Though something has to be done, most of the other races were not to keen on warfare and Garrosh dragged them along, because he could. The Warchief should loose power, otherwise it is just another disaster waiting to happen.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-01-06 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely disagree with Thrall being the new Warchief. That is his slave name. Go'el becoming Warchief is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basic Campfire is my first pick. Vol'jin next and then Sylvanas. If any of these 3 candidates made it, it would make me want to return even more. I hate having satellite internet so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

I hope it's Vol'jin, that would be badass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I highly doubt that it will be Thrall.

Since he stepped out of this position, he proved to be someone more than just leader of his own people. Through all this dedication, martyrdom and heroism he became a paragon of might and hope for everyone, not just the Horde.
    He assisted Alliance as well in Dragon Soul (if we can treat it as a valid lore, remember that killing Onyxia ingame was absolutely non-canon since it's Varian who actually killed her), why would he now just turn his back on them and suddenly become a leader of the Horde? Obviously, he would end the ongoing, bloodthirsty war, but still, they would be considered enemies. I simply cannot see Alliance and Horde EVER being on friendly terms, so it seems vastly improbable that it's him who will soon become the new Warchief of the Horde.

I'd rather cross my fingers on Vol'Jin since he's both experienced AND wise... He outperforms Garrosh when it comes to leadership in EVERY possible way, which he proved many times.

Not Vol'Jin? Then Varok Saurfang, as quoted on the last post of the 1st page. He explicitly stated that he will kill Garrosh if he ever exposes Horde to danger, and by "taking us down that dark path again" he's doing just that. I won't spoiler anything about Garrosh, but everyonce since Cata clearly noticed that this man is not suitable for a leader. Bloodthirst and rage do not make a great warchief. You need much more than that.

Both Vol'Jin and Varok excel in these qualities.