Poll: New Warchief!

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    either Voljin, or garrosh keeps his throne.

I have a feeling Metzen wants to keep this forced character called Garrosh.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it will be saurfang. We haven't heard at all from him since Wotlk. Thrall really seems to be getting less and less involved. Vol'jin and Lorthemar are both taking quite an active role in the "Rebellion" that is forming up. Sylvannas is yet to show her hand. Personally I think Baine is the most suitable. Tauren strength and wisdom which I think the orcs would accept as well as the rest of the horde. Who knows, maybe after will kill garrosh Sylvannas will raise him to rule as an undead puppet. Have to wait and see what 5.2 and 5.3 bring !

Basic Campfire 2013.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Lor'themar or Sylvanas. To be frank, anyone who is not an Orc, Troll, Tauren or Goblin, cause that Horde should be about free spirits, not savage tribes. EVOLVE.
    That's a bit unfair to the Orcs, Trolls and Tauren. If you're talking about the Forsaken....they're far from a good leader. Please...if Sylvanas wasn't all "PLAGUE EVERYTHING RAISE THEM ALL." I might consider it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Thrall imo. If the Horde is going to get a(nother) redemption story, then the guy who believes in it the most should play that part in it.
    But he's the leader of the Earthen Ring. That's a lot of responibility for just one person.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing Vol'jin but I'm hoping for Sylvanas; if the expansion is all about war whom knows it better then her.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is not a surprise. Blizz has said before that they generally start working on the plot of the next expansion already during beta of the current one. They probably want to feature the new Warchief a fair bit in the opening stuff for next expansion, so needed a name soon.

As for who I think it is, the fact they said Warchief confirms it will be an Orc. The warchief is not the Horde's leader, it's the Orc's. This leaves 3 choices.

Go'el "Thrall" - The previous warchief, and current world shaman. He'd be the popular choice if not for how he abandoned the Horde in it's greatest hour of need, and sided with the Alliance when Horde sentiment was to go to war with the Alliance.

Varok Saurfang - He hasn't been seen much since Northrend, where he lost his Son to the Lich King. However, Saurfang is famous not only as the brother of Broxxigar, but as the commander of the Horde during the War of the Shifting Sand (AQ event), and a commander alongside Garrosh in Northrend. He is also a player favorite character. And who better to lead a post-war Horde than an Orc that's been through the aftermath of the Second War?

General Nazgrim - The current commander of the Horde offensive on Pandaria. Has consistently appeared in expansions since Wrath. A level-headed commander, who also does not hurt his own soldiers. The risk, however, is that he may go down with Garrosh if he cannot be disillusioned during the later half of MoP.

My money is still on Saurfang, because I can't see Blizz risking the blowback from bringing Thrall back as warchief.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warchief is the Orc title for their leader. It does not mean the leader of the Horde. My guess is that Saurfang will be the warchief, but the leader of the Horde will be a triumvirate of Vol'jin, Lorthemar, and Saurfang.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    But he's the leader of the Earthen Ring. That's a lot of responibility for just one person.
    Whats you point? Jaina is the leader of the Kirin Tor and shes an important leader of the alliance. Varian has a Kid and it doesnt stop him from beeing a King. Just trowing some examples, that ''responsabilities'' wont stop anyone from posibly becoming part of the council. (if there is one)

My idea would be either Vol'Jin or Thrall, but I have this feeling that Badass Nazgrim will have an intresting role to play in the rebelion.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-06 at 11:21 PM.

I wish it was going to be Rexxar. He fits the trope perfectly of the reluctant savior and leader who is perfect because he wants nothing to do with it. But I think it could feasibly be any number of characters if it isn't simply Thrall coming back.

I've noticed Thrall has a brand new look in Glen Rayne's most recent painting of him. He now has his hair down hanging long and he looks like a total heavy metal god.

http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/images...aneman021c.jpg
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Whats you point? Jaina is the leader of the Kirin Tor and shes an important leader of the alliance. Varian has a Kid and it doesnt stop him from beeing a King. Just trowing some examples, that ''responsabilities'' wont stop anyone from posibly becoming part of council.

My idea would be either Vol'Jin or Thrall, but I have this feeling that Badass Nazgrim will have an intresting role to play in the rebelion.
    The big problem with Thrall is he went neutral. He'll have the full support of the Alliance if he wanted to be Warchief, but he won't have the support of his own people after he abandoned them in the aftermath of the Cataclysm to go neutral.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    whats happening with thrall right now and what will he become if the isnt returned to his rightful spot as warchief? He's been nothing but a memory all of MOP so far.

Hope it's Vol'jin or something. Nazgrim is just a lackey for Garrosh at this point. Though the Orcs will need a leader either way so he'd be ok for that I guess, I just don't think he'd work as leader fo the entire Horde. Saurfang would be nice, but as said, we haven't heard from him since Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The big problem with Thrall is he went neutral. He'll have the full support of the Alliance if he wanted to be Warchief, but he won't have the support of his own people after he abandoned them in the aftermath of the Cataclysm to go neutral.
    If hes so ''neutral'' why did he help me retake Echo Isles for the Trolls, and is waiting to confront Garrosh? Neutral characters dont get involved in the war, see Rhonin, Tirion etc. The neutral thing doesn't really work either.

It will be vol'jin. With as much dept as they are giving him it would seem rather wasted if out of no where Thrall just becomes warchief again. I mean at that rate might as well have Anduin become the warchief as it would make about as much sense.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    whats happening with thrall right now and what will he become if the isnt returned to his rightful spot as warchief? He's been nothing but a memory all of MOP so far.
    Oh man, you need to do Dominace offensive sir!

How I see it Warchief is an Orc title and should go to an Orc though Warchief does not have to be the leader of the Horde.

but I am hoping for Rexxar for Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Though something has to be done, most of the other races were not to keen on warfare and Garrosh dragged them along, because he could. The Warchief should loose power, otherwise it is just another disaster waiting to happen.
    Oh I know that. Don't get me wrong I get that, just pointing out Horde still has to be...Horde.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Oh I know that. Don't get me wrong I get that, just pointing out Horde still has to be...Horde.
    Yet for the Horde to have a somewhat stable future it has to change and become "less" Horde ;P

Vol'Jin. Not only did they changed his model but they also changed his Voice Actor. I just love how he says "And dat be one ugly mudder".