Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Child Killed for not learning a passage in the Koran

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-20428988
    A woman accused of murdering her son after he failed to learn passages of the Koran has told a jury it was her husband who beat the boy to death.

The death of a child is always a sad loss, how ever I find it shocking that the parents are the ones that carried out the crime and for something as simple as not learning something from a book. People like this do not deserve to have children.

Inb4 thread locked for religious debate/hate/yadda yadda. This will not end well, we all know the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-20428988
    A woman accused of murdering her son after he failed to learn passages of the Koran has told a jury it was her husband who beat the boy to death.

The death of a child is always a sad loss, how ever I find it shocking that the parents are the ones that carried out the crime and for something as simple as not learning something from a book. People like this do not deserve to have children.
    Then people who use the quaran as their "book" wonder why we look at them "different". I mean they take "religion" to a whole new god damn level.

Fucking animals... those people arent right in the head.

Probably controversial to say this but that's what happens with Medieval Religions.

We grew out of murdering people for religious crap years also burning witches (damn it) unfortunately for this kid there's to many people living in the Medieval times. I can actually believe her story also which is kinda sad some males from " extreme " Islamic families have a tendency for Violence, one only needs to look at the BBC for proof of that =/
    Last edited by Kalahira; 2013-01-07 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Then people who use the quaran as their "book" wonder why we look at them "different". I mean they take "religion" to a whole new god damn level.
    I don't think any particular religion has a monopoly on extremists.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a lot of violence and oppression in very religious families and regions in the world. Though I'm surprised that a Muslim father would hit his male child like this. Most if not all "honor"-related crimes and religiously motivated crimes are done against women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad.

Not sure if I believe it was the father.

in b4 lock

It's a sad story but I fail to see how any productive discussion could arise here.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Christian Catholics aren't known for their tolerance and light hand either. Though a few their priests have been known to do other things to young boys.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    in b4 lock

It's a sad story but I fail to see how any productive discussion could arise here.
    It's not that it wouldn't be productive, it's that it would be about religion and that it would bring up things people aren't comfortable with hearing.

Koran, Wales...and this is just the beginning.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medanielle View Post
    Sad.

Not sure if I believe it was the father.
    Quite sure it's the father. Their family seems to be strict and fervently religious, their religion being Islam, the father is the boss of the family. Women don't have much of a say in extremism.

Deleted
    actually wanted to discuss how someone could kill a child for not learning, the reading material is irrelevant. in hind site was a bad idea to discuss this.

actually wanted to discuss how someone could kill a child for not learning, the reading material is irrelevant. in hind site was a bad idea to discuss this.
    That is obviously lot more related to religion than not learning.

Deleted
    Religious extremists will remain extremists, that's just the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    That is obviously lot more related to religion than not learning.
    This.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Inb4 thread locked for religious debate/hate/yadda yadda. This will not end well, we all know the reason.
    Religious bashing is in order when they do crap like this.
    Although it's not productive it helps vent anger.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTheHoe View Post
    Religious bashing is in order when they do crap like this.
    Although it's not productive it helps vent anger.
    Exactly Joe, but it's not allowed on here; it will just be locked and infractions handed out.

This is more related to insanity/serious anger issues in combination with no self-control, than being religious. I have never read the Koran, but I'm pretty sure that Muslims are as outraged over this as anyone else. As far as I know, murdering an innocent child is not excused in any major religion. In Norway, the same thing happened a couple of years ago, but the reason for the child's death was unrelated to religion, so there there wasn't that much of a fuzz. People think that these incidents are sad, but they aren't really interested in the case unless it happened because of something they think is really stupid, like religious zealotry or racism. Jealousy or insanity are "accepted/understood" reasons, at least not enough to cause an uproar and marching in the streets for political actions.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    There are millions of Muslim parents who have not killed their children... I think it's a fair bet that this was the act of a rather deranged individual, with religion being the tipping point.

Hopefully someone opens her throat in prison. The more brutal the better.