Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I always wondered why MVPs on the official forums are MPVs, none of them ever have any raid experience in fact I've seen a couple of them that haven't even set foot in an LFR.
    I have to agree, but I am not sure if their toons they show as their main if that toon is really the toon they play on. It could just be an alt toon for show, so they are not overwhelmed with people asking them questions and such on their servers, now this is all an assumption.
    Last edited by Glimmerr; 2013-01-08 at 10:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glimmerr View Post
    I have to agree, but I am not sure if their toons they show as their main if that toon is really the toon they play on. It could just be an alt toon for show, so they are not overwhelmed with people asking them questions and such on their servers, now this is all an assumption.
    It is their main. I called Lhivera out on the official forums yesterday for not raiding and hardly playing her mage if at all, and this was part of the response I got:

I have about three years of experience in a server-first raiding guild, raiding 40- and 25-man content 4-5 nights a week, 3-4 hours a night. In fact, the reason I largely stopped raiding was that Frost scaled too poorly to remain viable once we reached Sunwell. It's been a major focus of my feedback in the years since to see that flaw in the game's design corrected, and I'm very pleased that the developers ultimately came around to that point of view as well and have been working to improve the situation.

I'm sure some will argue that experience doesn't count unless it happened recently, but I dismiss this argument with prejudice. Raid mechanics haven't really changed all that much over the years, and if you can't infer from past experience how a spec and abilities will work in new encounters, that's a problem with your ability to draw inferences; not a problem for me.
    Thread is here. Agree with me or don't agree with me, I just gave up because calling out Lhivera in the middle of the official forums is a minefield.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    It is their main. I called Lhivera out on the official forums yesterday for not raiding and hardly playing her mage if at all, and this was part of the response I got:

Thread is here. Agree with me or don't agree with me, I just gave up because calling out Lhivera in the middle of the official forums is a minefield.

Very Understandable, I was looking it and over and was getting very concerned, that someone with an MVP title that holds sway in the community, doesn't play a mage in current content or in the last few XPACs. It seems she is basing all her information on assumptions to facilitate her own ideas and thoughts on the specs. Everything about mages has changed since vanilla and the fight mechanics are different and such to influence different ways to play a mage in different specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post

So basically a cock and bull story about how he switched from Warcraft to Forumcraft. Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    So basically a cock and bull story about how he switched from Warcraft to Forumcraft. Right.
    Even if its the truth.. All he hasn't raided in years. And even worse only as frost? Frost was terrible in PvE even back then and him saying raid mechanics havent changed that much.. Ye abt that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glimmerr View Post
    I posted it in the Mages forums, not sure if I should Post it in the DPS forums.
    You definitely should. Class forums have been neglected by the devs for a very long time, because "they are for class strategies and bla bla". They prefer to read the Damage Dealing forum.

I was thinking about it, I didn't want to look like I was spamming the forums or have tons of trolls from other classes, hijacking my thread.