Thread: Green fire hype

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    But why the hell would you turn hardcore orange fire (fire that looks like fire) into something green?
    And, by the way... When is Blizzard going to finally introduce black fire?
    I for one, dislike normal fire because it brings about the typical boring elemental mage, it is not warlocky. As for the black fire, I am with you 100%.

Deleted
    I personally like to have both green fire for the powerful spells such as chaos bolt and normal fire for weaker ones. If everything is green it just seems a bit bland, same if everything was orange or purple. I am super excited for the new quest line, I just hope you can turn it off and on and it's not permanent otherwise I don't think I want it.

Why the fuck couldn't it just be a glyph reward at the end of the chain? That way everyone is happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    I'm looking forward to this as it will make fire mages even more envious than they are already.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    I'm looking forward to this as it will make fire mages even more envious than they are already.
    Why would a fire mage be envious? Given that they have chosen the mage class means that they did not care about cool things to begin with xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    If there was a choice on my behalf, I would make the Warlock class fully Sha coloured. Black/White shadow AND fire spells and relevant names that have to do with emotions etc.
    So if it was up to you, you'd remove everything that makes a warlock from a warlock? They're nothing to do with sha or emotions.

I for one, dislike normal fire because it brings about the typical boring elemental mage, it is not warlocky. As for the black fire, I am with you 100%.
    Warlocks are the progression of "boring elemental mages" that have essentially "dug too deep", having some leftovers from their beginning makes sense - as does having the option to replace that with fel fire.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well thats nice for warlocks, can I have a quest to get my Alterac valley Ice arrow animations back please?

*Warlocks finally get green fire*

*One week later petitions start showing up for Purple/black fire*

Blizzard: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

But seriously.
    Black fire would be pretty badass. Even better? option to just change the color of your spells, like from a list of colors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orange fire for warlocks doesn't make sense at all.
    They derive their energy from fel, which spells are usually depicted in the pale green spectrum.

I find it weird that it took Blizzard 8 years to fix such a simple thing.

No, I'm not a warlock, nor do I care about the class, as I find their themes and especially the comments of the demons too "artificial, forced bad" and thus childish.

If there was a choice on my behalf, I would make the Warlock class fully Sha coloured. Black/White shadow AND fire spells and relevant names that have to do with emotions etc.
    Sorry buddy. That's Shadow priests domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

Given that Warlocks have gotten the Twilight element, it was quite possible to get Sha, but still its all a matter of direction. Too bad for the Warlock class if Blizz decides to satisfy players with fel flame while Priest get something like Sha.

The reason I am implying this is because the Warlocks tend to get simplistic and cliche powerful spells which have stayed in lore in the past decades, while Shadowpriests get modern evolved and much deeper in meaning schools of magic.
    Can you even compare a sickly looking school of magic that expresses corruption to a power that derives from negative emotions, has a more elegant aura, can be equally destructive(see Dread Wastes) and can be controlled by being counter-balanced to the Light?

I am playing both classes and have seen their evolution throughout the expansions and its sad to see the Warlock class stays on shallow waters while the Shadowpriest evolves to a point of being from another game.

Deleted
    That really puzzles me, the Sha animations. They are magnificent! I rember watching the "Sha Bolt" from Mantid mobs in Dread Wastes and thinking "WOW, there's no way they're not going to recycle THAT beauty on some character spell" but no... the sha black particles theme currently only features in the new Rogue Talent "Hit and Run" (and in the portable sha instead of shadowfiend if you have a sha-touched weapon as a priest).
    C'mon Blizzard, you recycle left and right... I want my black -and- white particle effects. (Dont care if you do it for locks or priests, I play both!)

Edit for off-topic: green fire is amazing and will increase my dps in any fire-using spec by 10% at least.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSanzor View Post
    I'm excited about the lore the green fire all of it just hope it don't get bumped again. PS rainbow fire would be fun to watching people die to a rainbow blast would bring joy to my heart
    I still equip the Rainbow Generator for lulz in random bgs. Sure you lose a trinket to do it but everyone who isn't human in pvp knows what thats about

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Black fire would be pretty badass. Even better? option to just change the color of your spells, like from a list of colors.
    Probably the same reason they don't let you transmog your weapon into a fish - they don't want to turn raiding / bgs into strobe lighting and rainbow disco central.

Orange fire for warlocks doesn't make sense at all.
    They derive their energy from fel, which spells are usually depicted in the pale green spectrum.

I find it weird that it took Blizzard 8 years to fix such a simple thing.
    Because warlocks generally originate from mages that lusted after more power and started tapping into fel energy, throwing away their ice and arcane magic in favor of shadow, but keeping the fire around - or that's the gist of what I remember from the old warlock game guide page that used to be up in classic. They're fallen mages that dug too deep, they haven't forgotten everything they used to know and they haven't thrown away what was useful.

I am playing both classes and have seen their evolution throughout the expansions and its sad to see the Warlock class stays on shallow waters while the Shadowpriest evolves to a point of being from another game.
    I could argue that warlocks have stayed pure and stuck to what they were, rather than deviating into something that they're not - which is exactly what sha-warlocks would be. Blizzard don't need to go mangling their iconic classes into something they're not in some ridiculous pretense of "evolving the class", if they want a sha-related class, despite it making little to no lore sense, they can add it - they don't need to twist an existing class into using it.

Well, in the lore introduced in Cataclysm, Warlocks set about to draw upon new sources of knowledge: remnants of the Twilight's Hammer cult, Sulfuron Keep, and the Black Temple. I think red/orange, purple/black, and green (fel) fire could all be justified as options based on this previously-introduced lore.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

but..but.. i want to raid in a disco.. i think platform heels and 70's music would soothe the angry soul of the thunder king.

Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman View Post
    Sir, hand over your warlock card. You're no longer welcome among us.
    Honestly, I've never understood the whole green fire deal. They'd have to pull it off REALLY FUCKING WELL or else it will just look like a color palette swap - like someone filled the particle systems in with green.

Incinerate is one of my very favorite spells effects in the game. You can see all the color variation that naturally occurs in a flame. It starts white with some subtle pale blue, goes through yellow, then to orange, then to red.

Green fire wouldn't feel like fire to me. It would feel like I'm just shooting weird green shit at my foes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Honestly, I've never understood the whole green fire deal. They'd have to pull it off REALLY FUCKING WELL or else it will just look like a color palette swap - like someone filled the particle systems in with green.

Incinerate is one of my very favorite spells effects in the game. You can see all the color variation that naturally occurs in a flame. It starts white with some subtle pale blue, goes through yellow, then to orange, then to red.

Green fire wouldn't feel like fire to me. It would feel like I'm just shooting weird green shit at my foes.
    Yeah, one can only hope it's all-new animation rather than just palette swap.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Too bad I play on a shit laptop, my spells are like 3 pixel blobs, so I doubt I'll be bending over backwards to get green fire.

I just have to say that as a Feldrake owner; having my character's fire match my mount's fire is very appealing.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I'm looking forward to the quests, lore and green fire, but one thing you can be sure of is that Blizzard will not do a proper job. Expect cut corners, reused models, not everything to be taken into account, possible bugs and general anti climax. If there's one thing Blizzard have been consistent with lately it's being inconsistent.

A most recent example is then taking months to fix Stormwind and then all they did was patch over the melted stone and just leave the rest of the city. You can see from the screenshots on the front page that the park hasn't been touched. So yeah, I've learned my lesson from Blizz and don't expect anything short of a rushed, amateur job with at least 30% disappointment.

There is a Cataclysm version on the PTR that is used by Kanrethrad for the Green fire questline